Page 102 of 113 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 112 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,060 of 3385

Thread: Trump 2020-21 - Epilogue

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    hahahahahaha MyPillow guy says his products were dropped from major retailers

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ilers-n1254676

Ugh, and this is the guy that the Trumpists want to be the next Governor of Minnesota.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by leo3375 View Post
    Ugh, and this is the guy that the Trumpists want to be the next Governor of Minnesota.
    Fuck. That. I hope his stupid pillow company has to file bankruptcy after this.
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 01-19-2021 at 07:23 PM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Do it coward!

edit:

that account was created last month.
    Last edited by allegate; 01-19-2021 at 09:47 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by leo3375 View Post
    What? I know people aren’t a fan of what’s is nuts but this guy??? /facepalm

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    So Trump pardoned Steve Brannon, Lil Wayne, Kwame Kilpatrick.

Let’s think about that: Trump pardoned the guy who ran a fraudulent organization that screwed a ton of people out of millions, claiming to be raising money to “build Trump’s wall” (Bannon).

Trump also rescinded his Executive Order that banned all Cabinet members from working as Lobbyists for 5 years.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I honestly DO NOT UNDERSTAND why an outgoing president, no matter the part, can just pardon people...on what feels like a whim. That's so fucked up to me, obviously it's there for people who have obviously been screwed but are stuck in red tape, but it's still really fucking strange to me this can be done on their last day. It's like me controlling the the companies debt and just saying on my last day "fuck it i'm writing off £500k bye"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Read through all of the pardons/commutations obsessively (even went as far as to look up charges for those not mentioned).
    It's a mix of everything from drug charges to high level corruption and fraud. A lot of them were supported by local/regional/national politicians.
    A worrying amount were supported by celebrities...

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Were any of the raiders from 2 weeks ago pardoned?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Watching MSNBC right now, can't wait to watch him leave the White House for the last time.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    Were any of the raiders from 2 weeks ago pardoned?
    Doesn't seem to be the case but I'm basing that on the fact that no reporting has indicated as such. 90% of the names on the list mean nothing to me but I'd assume reporters would zoom in on that pretty quickly.

The Bannon and, to a lesser extent, Broidy pardons are curious because they could be witnesses on a whole host of issues, including impeachment. This also explains why some names aren't on the list. Sure, they could be hidden but we'll find out eventually, not just if they are indicted, but also if they are witnesses.

Edit: Tapper has a thread going adding context to some of the pardons. Not sure how deep he's going on this but it's a start...

I've said this before, possibly here in one thread or another, the majority of Trump's pardon / clemency actions are projection and these seem to be no different.
    Last edited by cdm; 01-20-2021 at 08:44 AM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    Watching MSNBC right now, can't wait to watch him leave the White House for the last time.
    I hope he trips on the goddamn stairs up to the plane.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I feel too much relief to even begin to comprehend what the last four years have wrought into words. Many of you are better at it, and your insights into what has gone on has given me clarity, a few laughs and a lot to think about. The full breadth of damage done, maybe irreparable, is horrifying to think about. Much will be mended for sure, but everything this administration did to upset the apple cart, is surely going to still cost us.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Donald Trump made some comments about leaving the white house for the final time today.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    She couldn't even try.... "Melania outsourced writing Thank You cards to White House Staff"

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/20/polit...tes/index.html

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    She couldn't even try.... "Melania outsourced writing Thank You cards to White House Staff"

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/20/polit...tes/index.html
    Completely 100% on-brand.

I REALLY DON'T CARE, DO U?

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    Completely 100% on-brand.

I REALLY DON'T CARE, DO U?
    Yep! Most presidents and their families would view the Staff as more then staff, but people who have looked after them for the four years and providing a vital service, the Trumps just saw hotel staff. Be amazed if any of that family even bothered to learn any of their names...

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Yess!!!!

Split the fuckin GOP!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    I honestly DO NOT UNDERSTAND why an outgoing president, no matter the part, can just pardon people...on what feels like a whim. That's so fucked up to me, obviously it's there for people who have obviously been screwed but are stuck in red tape, but it's still really fucking strange to me this can be done on their last day. It's like me controlling the the companies debt and just saying on my last day "fuck it i'm writing off £500k bye"
    Well, on a whim and several thousand/million dollars 'donated'. There's gotta be a reckoning on pardons from the President after this.

But I know it won't happen because fucks like Hawley are going to block everything, it's already started.

And I saw a tweet that mirrors the whole "oh now the deficit is important" bullshit where tomorrow the Republicans are going to start making life difficult for Biden because of how many people have died from Covid.

Further, because I'm just thinking things right now, it wouldn't surprise me if the press corps suddenly start asking biting questions of the Press Secretary and doing the things they should have been doing for the past four years.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    Yep! Most presidents and their families would view the Staff as more then staff, but people who have looked after them for the four years and providing a vital service, the Trumps just saw hotel staff. Be amazed if any of that family even bothered to learn any of their names...
    The help has names? wow.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    he'll announce his new healthcare plan in the next 32 minutes. I just know it.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Goodnight

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Jesus, is it finally done?

This talk of healing is great and all but in order to heal, there must be clear consequences for the guilty. Do not let them off.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    This is HILARIOUS!!

Are Trump and these idiots the only morons in the universe who don’t know that song is a gay bar anthem?

And, REALLY, has Donald Trump ever even BEEN inside a YMCA, let alone LIVED in one?

Wtf.
    Last edited by allegro; 01-20-2021 at 12:21 PM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    This thread will lock in around 24 hours.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    This thread will lock in around 24 hours.
    Thank god. But also where shall we take any further impeachment discussion when it hits the Senate?

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    today in Florida:

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    Thank god. But also where shall we take any further impeachment discussion when it hits the Senate?
    could be a thread for - what's the quote I heard earlier? - "Twice Impeached Private Citizen"