Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bill and Ted 3

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    eh, it's not $30 so they win that optic war with Disney.

Also you don't want to be the one to set the bar price - especially in these murky times - and then it turns out you set the 'standard' and now you're not hawking as much money as possible out of the rubes.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    It sucks if you want to watch the movie alone, but it's less than the theater for 2 people and the deal gets better and better the more people you watch with. Unfortunately there's no way for the studios to know how many people will be watching together, so they had to pick a number that would apply to 1 person or 10 people.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I paid $25 at Amazon for UHD and from what I'm aware, I own it and it is not a rental. Amazon didn't say "rent," but "buy." You can pay $20 rent, but you may as well buy it for $25.

Me and my girl watched it and it was quite enjoyable. I think it was worth the $25.
    Last edited by neorev; 08-28-2020 at 12:58 PM.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I enjoyed it well enough.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I kinda needed a stupidly optomistic and upbeat movie. It made my morning pretty happy. Well worth it

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Never seen these films but I blind bought the original two films on blu-ray. It came in the mail today. Might watch Excellent Adventure this weekend.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    this movie was WAY better than i expected.

i expected an inane, shameless cash grab, and instead, got a proper, entertaining sequel to something i loved THIRTY years ago.

if you liked the first two, you can't go wrong with this one.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Never seen these films but I blind bought the original two films on blu-ray. It came in the mail today. Might watch Excellent Adventure this weekend.
    honestly, i love both of them equally, though i think the second one is maybe a bit more fun? literally the ONLY issue i have with them is one use each of the F-word (you know the one i mean)

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    First film is fantastic. Ranks in my top 25 films of all time. The 2nd one... not so much haha.

Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    this movie was WAY better than i expected.

i expected an inane, shameless cash grab, and instead, got a proper, entertaining sequel to something i loved THIRTY years ago.

if you liked the first two, you can't go wrong with this one.
    It was a fun movie for that it was. I think it was pretty much on par with my expectations. Not sure what I was really expecting to be honest.
    But it's better than the 2nd.

I know a lot of these sequels that usually go 20-30 years apart before rebooting them feels like an unnecessary cash grab, but I generally truly didn't feel that way towards this film.
    The long gap between sequels I feel fit the movie very well. If a 3rd Bill and Ted movie came out 20 years ago, it wouldn't have been as successful as this. The fact they are older and so much time has passed plays really well into the flow of the movie.

It's a decent film. The best part of the film is Spoiler: The Dave Grohl Cameo . I only watched the first trailer, so unsure if they spoil this in the later trailers or not, but that part was amazing!
    Last edited by ManBurning; 08-30-2020 at 03:45 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    That was a lot of fun. It made me so happy.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eskimo View Post
    That was a lot of fun. It made me so happy.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Death playing games by himself...and cheating..."best 87 out of 91"...I freaking laughed out loud for the first time in a while. in fact I laughed at almost everything he did.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Just saw it and rather enjoyed it. Who would have guessed back in 1989 that a second sequel would be as good as this was?

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    I didn’t think it was as funny as the other two but I had a blast watching it. The daughters were awesome as was Dennis Caleb McCoy. To no surprise whatsoever, I think Death stole the show. I can’t recall the last time I smiled so much.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Only rarely I feel an urge to quit movie before end, but this was the case, just completely stupid and not in a funny way, painful to watch. Not for me I guess? :-)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Substance242 View Post
    Only rarely I feel an urge to quit movie before end, but this was the case, just completely stupid and not in a funny way, painful to watch. Not for me I guess? :-)
    Have you seen/do you like the original films?

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    I paid $25 at Amazon for UHD and from what I'm aware, I own it and it is not a rental. Amazon didn't say "rent," but "buy." You can pay $20 rent, but you may as well buy it for $25.

Me and my girl watched it and it was quite enjoyable. I think it was worth the $25.
    yup, this is exactly what I did. I figured for another $5 i could own it so why the hell not...

With that being said, I enjoyed it. Its goofy and the pacing it a little off, but I still had fun.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Too rushed, but me & my group laughed throughout. Smiles the whole time. We saw it at a drive-in on the NY/NJ border as a double feature with The Tax Collector. That wasn't bad either if you are in the mood for an ultra violent, 90's throwback action movie with some strong Training Day vibes (same writer...David Ayer) at times and Shia Lebouof fully buying into his enforcer role. Two kinda funny small roles from big names too.

Make sure to stay through the credits for Bill & Ted.

Jimi Hendrix/Mozart was fun. Kid Cudi was too.

First time at a drive-in, and I really enjoyed it. Sat in between our two cars on chairs & blasted the car stereo with the windows down. Got some nice stereo sound as a result haha.

STATION!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    One minor gripe--the reconning of the first two movies. Bill and Ted's music was supposed to bring humanity together. As it turns out, their role is to just father two children who will create a monster jam that will save time and space?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Apparently there was a Bill and Ted TV show in 1992.

I don't remember that at all.

Looks pretty bad, but you can watch them all here:
    Last edited by GulDukat; 09-03-2020 at 07:04 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Have you seen/do you like the original films?
    Nope, and I won't. Everyone on set looks like they don't really want to be there, two main protagonists have zero chemistry between them and can't even look each other in the eye for real, and basically nobody seems to care about the film they're making. Watching older stuff can't change this much.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Nope, and I won't. Everyone on set looks like they don't really want to be there, two main protagonists have zero chemistry between them and can't even look each other in the eye for real, and basically nobody seems to care about the film they're making. Watching older stuff can't change this much.
    I don't agree that Reeves and Winter have "zero chemistry," those two are great together and you can tell that they had a lot of fun making this movie. I might argue that this film wasn't really necessary (although it was still fun). And while you don't really need to see the first two movies to understand this one, I think that you will enjoy it far more if you are familiar with the characters and story.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Dude, I think this is a thing where it works a WHOLE lot better if you saw the original when it came out.
    It's kind of, idk... I'm not saying it was just for kids, but, there was a Saturday morning cartoon show, if I remember correctly.

So for a lot of us, this is revisiting characters we loved when we were ten, who have aged along with us.

I mean, the third one isn't a GREAT movie. But this franchise is so.cherished, decent=great in this case, because of the memories. I think it reminds a lot of us of a simpler time, and it feels like it's reminding us that, hey, those characters still exist, and it's still fun like it was when you were ten or twelve.

I'd even go so far as to say that it brought me a feeling that life itself can still be as fun and carefree as it was in 1989, if only for 90 minutes.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Not sure what movie you saw. It was good ol Bill and Ted for me. I thought they were good together again. Also, the daughters were awesome.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    We were about to watch this last night when at the last minute I discovered that my wife hasn't seen ANY of the Bill and Ted movies (?!?). So we hit the brakes, and started with the first one. It was still a lot of fun, and it held up better than I expected!

Tonight we'll watch Bogus Journey and then the third one Tuesday night.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Just finished Bogus Journey, which I've only seen once, back in the mid-90s, and I didn't really care for it back then.

I was very pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed it this time around, probably because I knew what to expect, and now there's also a healthy layer of nostalgia on top of these movies.

My wife loved Excellent Adventure yesterday, and liked Bogus Journey, we're excited to watch the third one tomorrow!

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    All right, finished the trilogy!

I really enjoyed the third movie, you could tell that it was a labor of love and that everybody had a great time making it. It also worked as a good conclusion of the story.

My biggest complaint, by far, is that Spoiler: the final song should have been MUCH stronger. It was really vanilla, no rock and roll, no great hooks or anything memorable. Huge letdown. .