Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 150

Thread: Red Hot Chili Peppers

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,653
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I'd describe it as Scar Tissue meets Dani California. It's enjoyable, inoffensive, and just creative enough to be interesting. It sounds exactly like you would expect a RHCP single to sound.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    538
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    They're pulling it down everywhere until tomorrow, I guess. We should just enjoy the ride, because when Frusciante fills up his bank account, he'll probably dip out again lol

  3. #63
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    W/A
    Posts
    7,130
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndItKeepsRepeating View Post
    Well that managed to exceed even my lowest expectations, I was hoping itís not actually them but it clearly is.

    still holding out some hope for the album at least
    that sounds so conflicted, lol

    it was fine. like, if there was a middle-of-the-road sound they could have shot for that was it. it was fine. better than The Runaway at least. I mean I've listened to that - checks iTunes - seven times and I have no memory of it at all. one song is rated and I usually try to rate everything.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    866
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    bring dave back!

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    538
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thar she blows


  6. #66
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    261
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Why does Anthony Kiedis sound like Weird Al doing a parody of a RHCP song about drunken sailors?
    Last edited by AndItKeepsRepeating; 02-04-2022 at 01:06 AM.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    253
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's good to have John back in the band. This seems to be a "basic" RHCP track, but I'm looking forward to hearing the rest of the album
    Also, Keidis' hair...WTF?

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,010
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndItKeepsRepeating View Post
    Why does Anthony Kiedis sound like Weird Al doing a parody of a RHCP song about drunken sailors?
    Haha i agree.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    W/A
    Posts
    7,130
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndItKeepsRepeating View Post
    Why does Anthony Kiedis sound like Weird Al doing a parody of a RHCP song about drunken sailors?
    and with weird Irish cadences/pronunciations from time to time. what?

    maybe he's channeling techno viking? I see him doing the dance at a couple points. whew.

    he looks like what Iggy Pop looked like when I saw him live in 98.

    also came to mind:


  10. #70
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Belarus
    Posts
    4,170
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    It pisses me off sometimes that people see John as some kind of messiah...
    I'm With You > Stadium Arcadium.
    I wish they'd find a way to keep both John and Josh.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    5,900
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    I'd describe it as Scar Tissue meets Dani California. It's enjoyable, inoffensive, and just creative enough to be interesting. It sounds exactly like you would expect a RHCP single to sound.
    Yup. This isn't bad, but I am really underwhelmed. This could have have been a b-side from 2002.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,421
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I think the music sounds great but the vocals/lyrics are beyond awful. I really think John has something with those guys, the groove is definitely better.

    Although my favorite album is still One Hot Minute so maybe my opinion shouldn't matter ��

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,047
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    The video was about a million miles of cringe.

    The song was fine, if unremarkable, but that video is just old men embarrassing the fuck out of themselves.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,010
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    It’s a good song to highlight and announce that Frusciante’s back

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    4,946
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Every time I see this band mentioned I’m reminded of the bit from 6:06 of this video, lol.


  16. #76
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    261
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M1ke View Post
    The video was about a million miles of cringe.

    The song was fine, if unremarkable, but that video is just old men embarrassing the fuck out of themselves.
    Anthony Kiedis has some serious Mac from Always Sunny vibes with the outfit and the "karate" moves

  17. #77
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    W/A
    Posts
    7,130
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    two Getaway b-sides have been released; there are MP3 and FLAC links on the page.


  18. #78
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,653
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    The latest single Poster Child is pretty cool. It's really the sound that I am hoping for from this record. Loving how the guitar overdubs are peppered in.

    Ironically, it most reminds me of the OHM BSide "Stretch You Out".




  19. #79
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ontari-ari-ario
    Posts
    5,404
    Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    First single did nothing for me, but this is more like it... made me pull out my Stadium Arcadium vinyl set and listen to the whole thing tonight.

  20. #80
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    3,062
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    They are releasing a Lakers purple and gold vinyl for the new album... I HAD to get it.

  21. #81
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    the beginning of the end
    Posts
    8,774
    Mentioned
    663 Post(s)
    The platypus arrrrrrgh few...

  22. #82
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,653
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Three songs in, I am liking the sound of the record. The dry sounds of the drums pleases me especially. I have to sip on water listening to the cymbals alone. I am enjoying John's understated playing but I wish that his backing vocals were a little more present. Anthony hasn't done anything I hated yet. Every element feels well placed, so far.


  23. #83
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,900
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    First single did nothing for me, but this is more like it... made me pull out my Stadium Arcadium vinyl set and listen to the whole thing tonight.
    I love Stadium Arcadium although I will admit there's a bit too much of it. Would've been better if they had made 1 really full cd rather than 2. To be fair, a lot of my favorites on the record weren't the ones getting played. John is such a singular, amazing musician. I think my favorite record by them is By the Way. I've played that record to death. I can't wait for the show even though I've pretty much sworn off the big stadium & arena shows for the most part. We're getting Thundercat & the Strokes opening. Interested in Thundercat, don't really care much for the Strokes.
    Last edited by chuckrh; 03-26-2022 at 10:34 AM.

  24. #84
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Hat, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    806
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Trikkle trikkle trikkle. Diving in now.

  25. #85
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    261
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Yep. This album is not good.

  26. #86
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    the beginning of the end
    Posts
    8,774
    Mentioned
    663 Post(s)
    RHCP are a band where I like them a lot, but I've not gotten into the albums in a long, long time: like, I guess the last one was One Hot Minute, which I didn't dig very much.

    They've got at least fifteen songs that I fucking ADORE, like the one about living in California, and the one about moving to California, and the one about California. I do legitimately love a lot of that stuff.

    And I got to thinking: I don't know ANYONE irl who's like a hardcore RHCP fan, going to multiple shows and waiting for every release.

    Is it just me, or did they kind of become sort of a "radio" band for a lot of people? Like, everyone wanna hear Last Dance With Mary Jane, Life is More Than Just a Read Thru, and Where I Go I Just Don't No, and With The Bug I Share The Lonely View and such, but they aren't anybody's favorite band.

    Also, the platypus arrrre few.

  27. #87
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    LI, NY
    Posts
    2,894
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    RHCP are a band where I like them a lot, but I've not gotten into the albums in a long, long time: like, I guess the last one was One Hot Minute, which I didn't dig very much.

    They've got at least fifteen songs that I fucking ADORE, like the one about living in California, and the one about moving to California, and the one about California. I do legitimately love a lot of that stuff.

    And I got to thinking: I don't know ANYONE irl who's like a hardcore RHCP fan, going to multiple shows and waiting for every release.

    Is it just me, or did they kind of become sort of a "radio" band for a lot of people? Like, everyone wanna hear Last Dance With Mary Jane, Life is More Than Just a Read Thru, and Where I Go I Just Don't No, and With The Bug I Share The Lonely View and such, but they aren't anybody's favorite band.

    Also, the platypus arrrre few.
    I feel this way about Weezer

  28. #88
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    the beginning of the end
    Posts
    8,774
    Mentioned
    663 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    I feel this way about Weezer
    Me too!

    I mean the singles are fucking awesome (except Beverly Hills).
    But not running out and buying the record.

    That being said, Weezer did/does still have a bat shit crazy cult following. So to me, it's still a little different.

    RHCP, honestly, has pretty much ALWAYS been, mostly, a singles band for me.

    That doesn't mean i haven't listened to SOME of the b-sides.

    "i think ima go on a walkabout/to find out what it's ALL about!"

  29. #89
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,900
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Disappointed in the new record on first listen. Seems terminally mellow. I'll have to listen again. Anthony remains the weak point, not a shock.

  30. #90
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    5,900
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)

Posting Permissions