Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mandalorian

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    What the actual......and I can't stress this enough, FUCK?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    yeah, it's pretty awesome stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    it's possible they filmed in a location but the tech they're using doesn't require them to go to that many locations.

https://qz.com/1754288/disney-is-try...e-mandalorian/

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Season 2 will release in October!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Super stoked! Can't wait!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Mindblowing...but makes sense. They've gotta be pretty financially nimble with a tv series and a sound stage makes it pretty efficient. That youtube clip is great.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Very cool, I can see that used for many things in the future.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Perfect casting imo! Dawson is a bomb ass beesh.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Hell yes, as a fan of Clone Wars and Rebels this makes me super happy, that character is bad ass!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    This was entirely finished filming like almost a month ago too, I saw news articles re: a few of the actors on their IG saying 'that's a wrap' etc. etc. So other than editing and whatnot...this could still drop on or around its originally scheduled timeframe I guess? I remember reading like Oct or Nov but barring any reshoots needed (which obv wouldn't happen now) at least this shouldn't see a bonkers delay. Fingers crossed.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    This was entirely finished filming like almost a month ago too, I saw news articles re: a few of the actors on their IG saying 'that's a wrap' etc. etc. So other than editing and whatnot...this could still drop on or around its originally scheduled timeframe I guess? I remember reading like Oct or Nov but barring any reshoots needed (which obv wouldn't happen now) at least this shouldn't see a bonkers delay. Fingers crossed.
    Really? That doesn't have me too hyped. That seems far too quick for me

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbonBlack View Post
    Really? That doesn't have me too hyped. That seems far too quick for me
    October? Really? Jot this down on a post-it note and get back to me when October 1st rolls around: ASK OCTOBER_MIDNIGHT HOW LONG IT'S BEEN SINCE MARCH 26th.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    I've seen a list with all the halted productions on top-tier productions and the Mandalorian wasn't on it so fingers crossed! The Falcon and the Winter Soldier seems to have problems though.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    October? Really? Jot this down on a post-it note and get back to me when October 1st rolls around: ASK OCTOBER_MIDNIGHT HOW LONG IT'S BEEN SINCE MARCH 26th.
    Far too quick for them to already be done filiming though. Not done with post.

It reminds me of something I saw from the creator of True Detective about why Season 2 was sub par. I'm paraphrasing but he said he had all the time in the world to write the first season, but only a few months for the second.

Mandalorian aired on November 12th (that's 135 days ago from March 26th). Now if this news is true they either had season 2 written already, or it was seriously rushed.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Oh well, when it comes out in October, I won’t think about any of that. I’ll grab a drink and watch it...probably gonna enjoy it. Can’t ask for more than that!

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbonBlack View Post
    Far too quick for them to already be done filiming though. Not done with post.

It reminds me of something I saw from the creator of True Detective about why Season 2 was sub par. I'm paraphrasing but he said he had all the time in the world to write the first season, but only a few months for the second.
    For the amount of talking they did in True Detective S2, you would think they had all the time in the world.

As for Mando, maybe they already had a clear cut path as to what they were trying to accomplish filming wise as well besides the writing? I don't find it that hard to be true with what we got in S1. But then again, what the hell do I know.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I haven't watched anything of this, unless you count the millions of memes generated from this by now. But someone said on Twitter months ago, that because of Bill Burr's casting, that there has to be a space Boston. I don't know why but that still makes me laugh.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Bill Burr returning to this is the only bad thing that I can think of right now. Nothing against the guy himself, but his role and circumstances in this show have been lackluster at best imho. Worst episode on top of that.

The rest of season 2 and what we've heard so far sounds hellishly promising though and I can't wait where they will take this. Good thing that there is enough time for me to catch up with Clone Wars and Rebels in the meantime on Disney+.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    ok...I think I'm going to start watching this show this weekend. Want to take advantage of my D+ subscription now that I'll have a bit more time. Hardly have watched anything on it.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    For the amount of talking they did in True Detective S2, you would think they had all the time in the world.

As for Mando, maybe they already had a clear cut path as to what they were trying to accomplish filming wise as well besides the writing? I don't find it that hard to be true with what we got in S1. But then again, what the hell do I know.
    I'm not terribly concerned about the pace given the tech they're using. They'll have plenty of time to do a round of reshoots. S1 was relatively short when it comes to tv series, in terms of both runtime and amount of eps, and seeing how there was virtually zero chance it wasn't going to be picked up for S2 Favs surely had writing the second season already in motion.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    I'm not terribly concerned about the pace given the tech they're using. They'll have plenty of time to do a round of reshoots. S1 was relatively short when it comes to tv series, in terms of both runtime and amount of eps, and seeing how there was virtually zero chance it wasn't going to be picked up for S2 Favs surely had writing the second season already in motion.
    I would love if we got a physical release with some commentary and some bonus behind the scenes stuff to see the progression of the filming. I haven't researched if something like this is already in the works, but I'd buy that with a cool looking set in a heartbeat.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Very convinced that Favreau has the story outlined as a whole for a while now and only needed to do the proper writing as they went away with shooting. It's not the most intricate script in the end and alot of the production is already done and going with finalising season 01. They should be able to quickly churn out new episodes.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Season 2 drops Oct 30.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    This means I'm going to have to introduce my girlfriend to Clone Wars so she can understand who this is (also this is badass and makes the fact that other Jedi survived post ROTJ canon)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I'm pretty happy that this show has largely been unaffected by COVID-19, at least from a consumer perspective. That article talks about how it impacted post-production, specifically the score, but they had wrapped up filming right before everything got shut down because of the pandemic.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Looks good.

Most generally accepted identity of the cloaked woman, played by WWE Wrestler Sasha Banks, is Sabine Wren.