Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: The Mandalorian

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    So we won't actually have the two shows on concurrently from what i understand, they're working on airing Book of Boba first and then production for Mando S3 resumes afterward. We won't see Din again (unless he makes an appearance in Boba's show) until like Fall 2022 sometime?
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    Seems correct.

Until December 2021 the flow of content may be a little dry but we may get a pretty steady stream of Favs / Filoni content in 2022 and beyond, assuming the plan is to do multiple seasons of each of the new series.
    I thought both shows were supposed to premiere in December, 2021.

The Wrap says:
    Both “The Book of Boba Fett” and “The Mandalorian” Season 3 are expected to premiere December 2021 on Disney+.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Based on what Favs said on GMA that Wrap quote is incorrect. Unless I misunderstood...gonna rewatch.

Edit: Favreau isn’t entirely clear on the timing and maybe I did misunderstand him a bit. They’re either in production or in pre-production for Boba and will start pre-production for Mando s3 concurrently once Boba filming starts. He did not, however, mention timing of the mando season 3 premiere. I suppose it's possible but it seems pretty ambitious to me.

Edit 2: I found this on Variety:

“Book of Boba Fett”...will debut in Dec. 2021, and is currently in production, according to Favreau, who announced the news on “Good Morning America.” This means the spinoff will come out well before season 3 of “The Mandalorian.”
    Last edited by cdm; 12-21-2020 at 06:04 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

I wonder if this is going to get a sales boost this week...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    And Shamook is here with another DeepFake. This time, the finale...

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    eh? one looks just like RotJ Luke and one looks like a 5-6 year older Luke. Yeah there's some weirdness but I didn't expect it to be 100% so I'm OK with it. Did it look better than the Cavill stache? that's my only bar for CG anymore.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    And Shamook is here with another DeepFake. This time, the finale...
    Yeah the CGI one looks better, it still looks bad, but looks better. Lighting is much better. The deepfake just looks sharper.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiusdiamond View Post
    Yeah the CGI one looks better, it still looks bad, but looks better. Lighting is much better. The deepfake just looks sharper.
    Yeah, you're right. The overall the deepfake is very bad. I think i could get more realistic mouth movement from a hand puppet.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I think the eyes look better in the deepfake. It seems to be really hard to not make lifeless CGeyes.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    kind of? They also remind me of a china doll though for some reason. almost too white.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    kind of? They also remind me of a china doll though for some reason. almost too white.
    You should check out his other deepfakes. He's done some good ones, especially De Niro in The Irishman.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Finally all caught up and definitely cried at the end. Didn't think they would go the Luke route, but that was pretty bad ass; Luke was stronger after a few years have passed I see. The CGI was just... Fine. Some moments it looked ok, others a bit wonky, but it worked for me. Bo Katan was starting to get on my nerves however... Her and the partner she was with were the weakest here for me.

Trying to wrap my head around how they will continue this. Pains me to think that Darth Maul is just gone.. I want more live action with him at the helm.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    It had to be Luke though. No one else is worthy of Grogu. Can you imagine some random scrub ass jedi showing up?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    You should check out his other deepfakes. He's done some good ones, especially De Niro in The Irishman.
    but does the deepfake depend on the movements of the version in the episode? to me by far the worst parts of this are the mouth movements when he speaks, but is a deepfake just pasted on top of the original cgi version as it appears? so if the mouth movements are bad to begin with the deepfake won't be able to correct it? Seems like they can be really great if you are pasting it on top of a real actor's facial performance. I really don't know much about it, but just a thought.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Probably best to take this with a grain of salt:
    Luke Skywalker Series In Development at Disney+

I am 100% on board with the idea of casting Sebastian Stan, though! Spoiler: Really, they should have done that for the season 2 finale of Mandalorian

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    It had to be Luke though. No one else is worthy of Grogu. Can you imagine some random scrub ass jedi showing up?
    I was thinking Ezra, but isn't he dead? I don't remember.

Sébastian Stan casting would be friggin' ace.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Shamook does an incredible job with his deepfakes, but I guess it always comes down to lighting, hence why Leia looked so off in Rogue One and Tarkin as well, yet only partially and better due to him being in more darker scenes. They should always tone it down. Tarkin was way too promiment in Rogue One for not being a real actor so you could definitely see something's not right, mainly the eyes I have to agree. They still did an incredible job. Same goes for Luke in Mandalorian, but his screentime is so limited, that I can only applaud them for keeping it that subtle and stylish with a character so well known and important. Even with the most advanced tech it still hits uncanny valley, especially the eyes as @talkingnothing pointed out. Luke and Leia worked well in TROS because we only got a glimpse of them in very dark and partial lighting. A whole training scene in broad daylight would have looked terribly off.

Guess one still has to consider that there isn't as much footage of Hamill this young apart from ROTJ (he's too young looking in ANH and TESB) in comparison to Harrison Ford who looked the same for a long time imho. For a real flesched out series they definitely should go with Sebastian Stan rather than deepfakes or de-aging. But as cool as it sounds to have a series on Luke I just wouldn't do it and keep that character special. That's pretty much why Vader worked so well in Rogue One. Give him a little spotlight, make him shine, but keep up the mystery by not having the character as a main actor

So... it's Boba Fett in 2021 and probably Mando S3 very soon afterwards. I'm in!

Last edited by dlb; 12-22-2020 at 06:12 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Probably best to take this with a grain of salt:
    Luke Skywalker Series In Development at Disney+

I am 100% on board with the idea of casting Sebastian Stan, though! Spoiler: Really, they should have done that for the season 2 finale of Mandalorian
    I guess this is the only way to save Luke's story without completely pretending the sequel series doesn't exist. I guess it would eventually end with Luke going into exile.

Should be called The Fall Of Skywalker

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    The easiest way to envision season 3 is it picking up with Mando rescuing Grogu from some finalesque battle at the training place. Keeping in my Grogu is already 50, so he can still be baby yoda if 5 or 10 years pass.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    The easiest way to envision season 3 is it picking up with Mando rescuing Grogu from some finalesque battle at the training place. Keeping in my Grogu is already 50, so he can still be baby yoda if 5 or 10 years pass.
    Kylo's destruction of Luke's Jedi academy is still about 20 years away.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Check this out for 30 mins or so of Season 2 easter eggs. (although I wouldn't call some of this stuff easter eggs, rather just expanded info on some of the character appearances)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Just watched the Gallery doc on it. Definitely some good reveals and interesting sections but would’ve been better if they’d had another episode I reckon, felt like they really missed a lot of key elements

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Loved seeing Temuera Morrison having so much fun on set being back in his iconic role together with Robert Rordiguez who's a nerd I can get behind. Favreau and Filoni definitely came across as nicer than they did on the first season of gallery, but it's still a huge circle jerk. And how is it that Peyton Reed is considered a great director? Sure, his episodes were cool and one could argue about Ant-Man, but wow... where else did he shine? Same goes for BDH.

And while I enjoyed her role a lot in season 1 I am really done with Carano these days. Rosario Dawson on the other hand looks like she's having alot of fun on set, showing true appreciation for her role and the opportunity given to her. I'm also happy to have Ming-Na Wen back for The Book of Boba Fett.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Binged the series and it has got to be one of the easiest watches in my life. Season 2 was a drop down in quality, but I hope it was only a temporary sacrifice to boost all the new series by providing gateway for them. As cool as the big appearances were from past movies or series, my PTSD from R1, Solo and ROS was starting to trigger. I really wouldn't want the series to continue that road and devolve into "look, it's that character from a past movie!! wow, so cool! look! it's another hallway scene! wow, so cool!" Season 1 had plenty of interesting original characters and it was a breath of fresh air to be free from JJ and co. trying to shove down memory pills down our throat.

I'm also happy for the fact that the show itself is really nothing original or ground-breaking. It is filled with clichés, but it just shows that with good directing and writing, it doesn't have to be a hinderance. It's also amazing that we've went 16 episodes without a love interest. And Bill Burr had no right to be that good.

As for S3, I wouldn't mind if we abandoned Grogu, at least for the first half. One of the best episodes of S2 was the only episode in the series where he wasn't even present. I think it helps the quality of the show if they can't always rely on the crutch that is Grogu. I also have high hopes that we will see the toad family once again! That was one of my favorite episodes in the entire series.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volband View Post
    It's also amazing that we've went 16 episodes without a love interest.
    Hate to be a pedant but Season 1, Episode 4 definitely leaned that way in the character of Omera - which I didn’t hate.

Definitely agree with your points though, as exciting and button pushy as it made the geek in me, I would much rather be enjoying a show set in the universe without touching on former characters. I really hope the other new shows can do that too.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I'm excited because my copy of season 2 just arrived in the mail (ebay). I don't really want to subscribe to Disney+, and I like owning something physical. Still need to finish season 1, excellent show. I was pretty much done with SW until I watched it.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiusdiamond View Post
    Hate to be a pedant but Season 1, Episode 4 definitely leaned that way in the character of Omera - which I didn’t hate.
    You are right, but I think when we talk about love interests ruining movies or tv shows, we mostly refer to high-school level relationships and dramas around them. Protagonist and love interest finally get together, 3rd party joins, jealousy ensues, no one talks out their problems, so everyone is reaching false conclusions which create unnecessary arguments...

I am not against a relationship, just make it mature. It doesn't even mean they shouldn't ever argue, just don't do those silly, high-school tropes.
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    I was pretty much done with SW until I watched it.
    I was the same. When TFA came out, I was defending it to the bone. Give the trilogy time, cut it some slack, give Disney a chance, etc. By the time of TROS I was a mentally deranged lunatic laughing my ass off in the cinema. You got to be out of your mind if you thought you could convince me that this shit is salvageable by some noname Boba Fett copy series, when I was never a Boba Fett fanboy to begin with, let alone being excited for some other dude in a similar armour.

Even when the trailer hit, the comments just gave me PTSD. Everyone talked about how gritty it will be, and all it reminded me of was R1. It was drummed up to be this very realistic, cold, war movie, but ended up being nothing more than a shit story with shit characters and good but brainless, by the numbers fight scenes.

It was truly shocking to see a non-animated Star Wars creation of this quality. At the beginning, the protagonist was constantly on his back due to the challenges he faced. Whether it was trying to ride an ugly space-horse or fighting the Jawas. It just makes the hero 100 times more likeable.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I started watching the series a couple of weeks ago and finished it today. I think the finale is the only Star Wars related thing that has made me cry, wow. This is what happens when you write a great character (the Mandalorian) and develop a great arc for him. To be honest I wasn't interested at all in the series but my nephew insisted me on watching it so I caved in. I thought all hope was lost after TROS (really enjoyed TFA and I thought TLJ was ok but TROS...lost me there) but Mandalorian was great. I wish Mandalorian was more like Watchmen, as in all the episodes in the series were connected to the main plot, I could have done without the side-quest episodes that didn't contribute to the main story, but overall I was really satisfied with the two seasons. IMO the last three episodes of both seasons were the bomb.

And I reaaaally liked the battle between Ahsoka and that female dictator. I think this is a top 3 Jedi battle for me...the lighting, the movements, the whole ambiance...it made me feel like I was in a samurai in space film. Ahsoka was so well done, here's hoping we see Rosario Dawson reprising her role.
    Last edited by cahernandez; 01-14-2021 at 09:47 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    I started watching the series a couple of weeks ago and finished it today. I think the finale is the only Star Wars related thing that has made me cry, wow. This is what happens when you write a great character (the Mandalorian) and develop a great arc for him. To be honest I wasn't interested at all in the series but my nephew insisted me on watching it so I caved in. I thought all hope was lost after TROS (really enjoyed TFA and I thought TLJ was ok but TROS...lost me there) but Mandalorian was great. I wish Mandalorian was more like Watchmen, as in all the episodes in the series were connected to the main plot, I could have done without the side-quest episodes that didn't contribute to the main story, but overall I was really satisfied with the two seasons. IMO the last three episodes of both seasons were the bomb.

And I reaaaally liked the battle between Ahsoka and that female dictator. I think this is a top 3 Jedi battle for me...the lighting, the movements, the whole ambiance...it made me feel like I was in a samurai in space film. Ahsoka was so well done, here's hoping we see Rosario Dawson reprising her role.
    Ahsoka is getting her own series, which is really exciting.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    It's seriously time for them to dump Gina Carano. She's posting shit on her instagram stories openly supporting the capitol rioters and comparing being a republican today to being a Jew in the Holocaust. Good lord.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Ewww.