Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread: The Mandalorian

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Add me to the list of people who were reminded of the end of Kill Bill Vol. 1 during that battle at the end of the episode.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    I think the show in general just draws from a lot of the same inspiration as Kill Bill and it's maybe more obvious with the Japanese architecture.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Man that was so much fun. This season is amazing thus far.

One thing I enjoy is that they have not fallen back on the cliche of having the hero, who is supposed to be powerful/the best/a badass, consistenty get his ass kicked to try & prop up the bad guy & make them appear dangerous. Yes Mando has gotten pushed around a bit, but overall they focus on showing how he is the shit, instead of just telling us he is but then he conveniently eats shit to the villain of the week so we buy that they're a real threat. This is common trope used in comics, especially with Superman.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Filoni should have been a politician. He would take over the world with non answers and double speak of this quality

From the VF article (which was also my guess)

AB: That quest, we learn, is a search for the villain Grand Admiral Thrawn. The last time fans saw Ahsoka was this spring's finale of The Clone Wars, but in the actual Star Wars chronology, the last time we saw her was at the end of Rebels, venturing off with Sabine Wren to find Ezra Bridger, who vanished along with Thrawn. Where does that scene fit in with where we find her in The Mandalorian?

Filoni: Right. But no, it's an interesting one… That's not necessarily chronological. I think the thing that people will most not understand is they want to go in a linear fashion, but as I learned as a kid, nothing in Star Wars really works in a linear fashion. You do [Episodes] Four, Five and Six and then One, Two, and Three. So in the vein of that history, when you look at the epilogue of Rebels you don't really know how much time has passed. So, it's possible that the story I'm telling in The Mandalorian actually takes place prior to that. Possible. I'm saying it's possible...

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    If they indeed bring Ezra into the show and start putting the Mandalorians in the backseat I'll definitely loose interest in this show. :/

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    that would be weird considering the name of the show.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    that would be weird considering the name of the show.
    I agree. If anything they'll spin off. Based on my extremely limited knowledge of Ahsoka, I could get into a Rosario Dawson led spinoff. Not at all interested in the rumored Cara Dune series.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Yeah, there's already speculation online that this was essentially a back-door pilot for a spin-off series starring Ahsoka. I don't know much about her aside from the fact that she was in Clone Wars (and Rebels too, I think?), which I have never seen. I always assumed that the animated shows were a more watered down/tame, kid-friendly version of Star Wars and they mostly connect to the prequels, which also doesn't help to make me interested. I have heard good things about the Clone Wars show, though, so maybe I was wrong. If I get bored enough this winter, maybe I'll check it out.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I always assumed that the animated shows were a more watered down/tame, kid-friendly version of Star Wars and they mostly connect to the prequels, which also doesn't help to make me interested. I have heard good things about the Clone Wars show, though, so maybe I was wrong. If I get bored enough this winter, maybe I'll check it out.
    Season 4, Episodes 7-10 made me realise that it's not watered down or kid friendly. In fact, those episodes were darker than a lot of the films.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiusdiamond View Post
    Season 4, Episodes 7-10 made me realise that it's not watered down or kid friendly. In fact, those episodes were darker than a lot of the films.
    Oh man yeah the Umbara arc? that was some Oliver Stone's Platoon level Star Wars.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    I started the Clone Wars series this week. Each ep is 22 minutes so it's easy to plow through quite a few. I do find myself getting bored with some of the storylines and some of the secondary characters, particularly the villains, are a little wonky. The doctor comes to mind, reminds me of a villain you'd see in The Incredibles. Overall, I like it so far. Could do without Jar Jar though.