Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mandalorian

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Nice teaser! Looks like they amped up the budget a bit, but so far nothing to see here that we didn't know. Having the Mandalorian use his jetpack will open up some new possibilities though. Looking forward to that especially since this trailer looked a little grittier than the majority of season 01.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    AWESOME episode. That last scene!

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Presumably this returning character can help connect some of the dots around the Jedi and perhaps the child. He is the only character in the show so far who has been in the major movies and has had contact with most of the principal cast

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I definitely have questions.

Spoiler: How was he separated from his armor? Was it by choice?

Spoiler: Are his memories intact, does he know who he is?

Spoiler: If he doesn't have amnesia and has been on Tatooine since his escape from the pit, why would he let this guy run around in his armor?

Spoiler: Are we to assume one explanation as to Boba's survival is the Krayt Dragon having something to do with it?

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    God an amnesia plot would be so annoying

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Timothy Olyphant is a nice addition to the cast.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Really liked Olyphant in this although his "armor" looked a little off, there's a character that just wore it better. Happy about all those little easter eggs, returns and cameos.

Looking forward to the season very much! But there's a little gripe that I have left and it's the slight assumption that his show could use better writers. I don't know what it is, but so far my enjoyment of the show only stems from a crazy cool protagonist, the gritty western atmosphere and some really neat eye candy as well as expansion of the lore.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I LOVE all the Banthas.
    They're adorable.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Premiere episode was really good and being a pretty big fan of Timothy Olyphant it was nice to see him so soon.

Spoiler: Loved seeing him have Boba Fett's armor

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    I LOVE all the Banthas.
    They're adorable.
    My wife said the exact same thing lol.

Me: 'Oooooh Tusken Raiders!'
    Her: 'They're still so ugly.'
    Me: 'What about the Banthas they're riding?'
    Her: 'Oh, they're hella cute.'

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I'm glad that it still seems like the episodes will be pretty self contained. That's the secret sauce for this show

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Saw some posts about Timothy Olyphant being in the episode, accidentally saw some spoilers about the episode, and yet I put 2 and 2 together and got like seven, didn't see that coming. It could be pretty awesome.

As I knew TO was in the episode I chuckled when the title of the episode came up. I agree that he looked weird in the armor - like he was too tall for it, or something? - but I finally realized it's the red shirt under the armor and the pants that were the culprits. side note: he fired a rocket, sure, but where did he get the second one?

my son remarked that he was surprised they spent the money to make the same sets as last year and I laughed because he was serious: we never watched the making of series so he doesn't know about the vid screens.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Spoiler: That fucking aspect ratio change though, fuuuck.

That episode was genuinely one of the best Star Wars things I've experienced in ages. And yes, I can't play Squadrons right now...

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    oh yeah, that too! I noticed it and was like wait, wasn't it something else just a minute ago? and then the slow pan back. I was thinking about how it was almost IMAX-like in the filming when it changed back.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Haha yeah the aspect ratio change... it caught me off guard, like everyone, let's see if it's their way of introducing us to it with the next episode. Lot's of exciting things to happen this season it seems!

And dear god, how I'd love to buy a Mando figure from Sideshow, in fact, I have a keen eye on every 6th scale Mandalorian they have including Boba and Death Watch. Guess there will be even more as we continue.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I was just reminded of the Gamorreon guards and I remember thinking that it was like watching the Shield fight in Dune and then later to have a sandworm-inspired creature? I wonder if both were intentional.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    what a great season premiere. filled with so many great easter eggs that didn't feel like fan service, but like a natural part of the show. glad we got a little amy sedaris again, she's so funny.

my brain did a double take when the aspect ratio changed so i'm glad i didn't imagine that.

also

womp rats? cute
    banthas? super cute
    baby yoda? so cute it hurts
    timothy olyphant? hottest man in the star wars universe

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    17 year old me clutching his stacks of EU books chronicling Spoiler: certain bounty hunter adventures is very, very happy right now

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Did they get a bigger budget this time around because some of that shit looked epic! Nice to see Mr Olyphant share scenes with his old Deadwood co-star W. Earl Brown (Bartender)..

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Special mention at the bottom.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Fits right in and explains why he might have taken so long to (be able to) recover his suit.

I really hope is portrayal will live up to the hype down the next few episodes!

Spoiler: I'd very much love to see Boba in action, maybe a massive shootout teaming up with Mando or a duel between the both of them. I loved it when the rest of the Mandalorians came to his rescue in the first season and the fight between Obi and Jango is probably the best scene in AotC.
    Last edited by dlb; 11-05-2020 at 11:37 AM.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Holy shit haha that looks terrifying, i can't believe someone had to design something like that. Yikes what kind of twisted Lovecraftian horrors reside in that persons mind? AHHHH!

What encyclopedia book was this from by the way? @allegate

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I don't know, but I asked the person who posted it where I stole it from.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Holy shit haha that looks terrifying, i can't believe someone had to design something like that. Yikes what kind of twisted Lovecraftian horrors reside in that persons mind? AHHHH!

What encyclopedia book was this from by the way? @allegate
    Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary – The Ultimate Guide to Characters and Creatures from the Entire Star Wars Saga

https://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Dic...4325268&sr=8-1

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    yeah, he just got back to me and said it was that one. thanks!

he also has a bonkers theory on the armor:

We’re nearly 40 years saying boba fett died in the sarlaac. We’ve been missing The obvious all this time. There’s no way that Sarlaac survived. The bulk of the wreckage of Jabbas Barge went in there. It was hovering right over it. Would have tipped into it given the steep slope.
    Boba is climbing outta there easy. Only thing left hanging is the armour and Bobas burns. He’s got kind of a melted face if you look. Maybe he had to take the armour off to get out and the burns are from the digestive juices getting all over him. The Jawas just took care of the rest salvaging after the fire died down and sarlaac died? And that’s how they came to have it?

also:

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Ah crazy! Yet Mando mentions that the Sarlacc got eaten by something bigger, which is the Krayt Dragon shown in the latest episode. Curious on how this all conects and what is incorporated/dismissed from the expanded universe.

I also wonder what happened to the Slave I. Guess it's save to assume now that it was indeed Fett who discovered Fennic Shand on Tatooine in Season 1.

In other news: Shall we tag spoilers here or just keep it up that way? Episodes are a week apart so there's still enough mystery involved as we go further, but I'll edit accordingly if that's your wish guys and gals.

Also, I always found this one to be extemely well done:

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    So, uh, what if that's not Spoiler: Boba Fett? Odds are good that it is but there were a lot of Clone Troopers who look just like that and we're getting Ashoka this season so could it be Rex?

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Could be, but that would cause a major backlash from many people I suppose.

Spoiler: Another thought that could be interesting: So far The Mandalorian makes the Jedi seem like a myth, yet Boba Fett knows them very well with his "father" being killed by one and serving one of the most powerfull "fallen" Jedi.

But don't jump on me as I haven't seen The Clone Wars or Rebeld, just a bit, so excuse me if that's been all covered in some ways.
    Last edited by dlb; 11-05-2020 at 05:15 PM.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    A creature from Rebels and Jedi: Fallen Order makes an appearance in the latest Mando episode and my arachnophobia is not making this episode an easy watch.

They just had to go and do live action versions of those fuckers, UGH NOPE NOPE NOPE~!