Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mandalorian

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    New episode felt rushed and tropey af. Some cool elements, but would have been much more affective with more time to flesh out what was going on here. It didn't earn any of the affection between our lead and the random woman that can shoot a blaster good... because... yea. With Bryce Dallas Howard's mediocre and generic directing chops.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Hehe I actually thought the same. As soon as we get a woman sitting in the director's chair a character almost gets to take the Mandalorians helmet off. I know, I know... I shouldn't make that assumption, but it was pretty obvious in that episode.

I just watched it again and I really didn't like those dog-people, but I still think the AT-ST looked extemely cool. Yet the episode served no real purpose other than introducing Carano's character, which I hope we get to see more in the future. Otherwise, there would be absolutely zero story progression and character developement.

Off to watch some "missed easter egg" stuff on YouTube now!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    And here I thought this forum was mostly devoid of sexist bullshit.
    The episode was still written by Favreau....

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    Hehe I actually thought the same. As soon as we get a woman sitting in the director's chair a character almost gets to take the Mandalorians helmet off. I know, I know... I shouldn't make that assumption, but it was pretty obvious in that episode.

I just watched it again and I really didn't like those dog-people, but I still think the AT-ST looked extemely cool. Yet the episode served no real purpose other than introducing Carano's character, which I hope we get to see more in the future. Otherwise, there would be absolutely zero story progression and character developement.

Off to watch some "missed easter egg" stuff on YouTube now!
    The cool elements I liked were definitely the AT-ST and Cara, but I'm pretty sure if an actual imperial were piloting that thing, they'd all be dead. Cara was a refreshing addition, and I guarantee we will see her again before the season ends; they have good chemistry and their team-up scene was pretty flashy.

I can't look it up now, but how long were they with the villagers? I think I rememeber Cara saying they stayed there a few more weeks after the battle?

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I'm not all caught up yet but Baby Yoda flicking the switch's in the cockpit is my new favourite thing on the internet...and that's saying something!

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    While the release in other countries is still miles ahead, I think they are doing a pretty good job with keeping merchandise and toys for the Mandalorian away.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Episode 3 was veeery good, but I liked 4 as well. Hell, how could I ever not like such cutesyness? The show doesn't take big risks, but what it does, it does well.

Does Mando bullshit everyone about his mask? I didn't understand the scene where he took it off in front of everyone, then says he can't put it back up.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I had to see this and now you do too so welcome to flavortown mother forkers.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volband View Post
    Does Mando bullshit everyone about his mask? I didn't understand the scene where he took it off in front of everyone, then says he can't put it back up.
    When he took it off, he was concealed and not around anybody. Even though it looked as if he was just hanging right in the window when he was about it eat for everyone to see.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    i had to see this and now you do too so welcome to flavortown mother forkers.

my eyes!?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    I had to see this and now you do too so welcome to flavortown mother forkers.
    as someone who unironically loves guy fieri (seriously, he's a cool guy who does a lot for charity, and officiated a 100-couple marriage ceremony in california once same-sex marriage was legalized) this made me giggle uncontrollably. my wife (who also loves him) had pretty much the same reaction.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Ugh. The last episode wasn't my favorite by any means, but I was perfectly fine by it. I didn't need to have a shitty tantrum online about it blaming women for it either. What is wrong with people?

1) Episode 3 was by far the best episode of the series. Directed by Deborah Chow.
    2) Favreau wrote the episode as a homage to the Seven Samurai. Sure if you had tightened up the directing a bit, and yeah some of the acting wasn't super impressive, it could have been a bit cleaner but the core essence would have been the same.
    3) If you are familiar with Filoni on Clone Wars and Rebels, he loves doing those kind of side homage episodes and they are usually par for the course and thus should not be unexpected.

But sure let's all rage against Bryce Dallas Howard for ruining The Mandalorian. Fucking losers make me embarrassed to be a Star Wars fan.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I told my son they were going to recruit a bunch of circus bugs and he didn't think it was very funny.

Like at all, because he didn't get the reference. ugh, kids.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Bryce Dallas Howard DOES suck though. Not b/c she's a woman, but just b/c she is not a good actress, and apparently not a good director either. Someone name something they've liked her in. I can't think of anything after going to her Wiki.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    Here's a question, can anyone recommend a trustworthy good torrent site? Been out of the loop for a LOOOONG time and i don't want to bother people every week on here asking for a torrent of the latest episode (i will be getting D+ when it gets here, but i don't want to miss out on this as it's happening)
    https://rarbg.to/torrents.php?r=37028921

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    [URL=https://www.cnet.com/news/baby-yoda-plush-will-be-available-tuesday-mandalorian-star-wars-mattelThe Child plush figure and Funko Pop finally coming.[/url]

I'm a buy me like 5 of the plush ones...

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    the plush has been popping up and down on Wal-Mart today.

doesn't look plush tbh, more of a plasticky look to the head there.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    the plush has been popping up and down on Wal-Mart today.

doesn't look plush tbh, more of a plasticky look to the head there.
    the target listing says the head is vinyl...which i don't understand. that's not cuddly!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Imagine if this had released in September, the amount of kids wearing BY for halloween would have been through the roof!

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Guess it's vinyl with one of those scratchy velvet-y surfaces. The Funko looks cute though.

Can't wait for Friday!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    The Mandalorian Episode 7 Set to Include a Sneak Peek of The Rise of Skywalker

Ahead of the highly-anticipated theatrical release of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, Disney+ has announced that the forthcoming seventh episode of their Star Wars prequel series The Mandalorian is now scheduled to premiere on Wednesday, December 18 which is two days earlier than the show’s regular timeslot. The streaming service have also confirmed that The Mandalorian’s penultimate episode will officially be including an exclusive sneak peak of The Rise of Skywalker.

In addition, the official synopses for the series’ last two episodes have also been revealed.

Directed by Deborah Chow from a script written by Jon Favreau, the penultimate episode “Chapter 7”: An old rival extends an invitation for The Mandalorian to make peace.

Directed by Taika Waititi from a script written by Jon Favreau, the season finale episode “Chapter 8”: The Mandalorian comes face-to-face with an unexpected enemy.
    Chow directed episode three and is also the sole director for the Obi-Wan series coming in 2021.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Sadly a quite weak episode this time around, although I realy want a speeder bike now!

Alot of fan-service, but maybe a tad too much and zero story progression, but hey: we got a new character and of course a proper cliffhanger to go with it....

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

The Mandalorian

The Mandalorian Episode 7 Set to Include a Sneak Peek of The Rise of Skywalker

Chow directed episode three and is also the sole director for the Obi-Wan series coming in 2021.
    I loved her episode and makes me excited for her series.

I didn’t mind that last episode( love me some Ming-na )

But I though it was meh that tatooine made an appearance.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Some people are saying that they were sitting in the same bar as in Episode 4 but it appears to be too close to the door for that to me.

I wonder who in the Star Wars universe wears spurs.
    Last edited by allegate; 12-07-2019 at 01:08 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i liked this week's episode. more character development for mando, a hilarious appearance from amy sedaris (was never expecting to see her in the star wars universe and i loved it), and more adorableness from baby yoda.

jake cannavale was...fine? idunno, he seemed like he didn't fit into the world because of some of his acting choices; i would have liked to see dave franco in that role.

and yes, that's definitely the cantina from episode IV. i thought it was cool to be on tattooine and see just how different it is now. it didn't feel like overt fan service, just a familiar location in a vast universe.

OH and the sign language with the tusken raiders was amazing. that's the first time we've ever seen someone actually try to communicate with them instead of scaring them off or massacring them.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    read an article that said they used some unused shots from ANH to craft the shots in the show to make the OG Tattooine vibe.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Good discussion on the latest episode here and pretty much agreed with their opening remarks.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    I wonder who in the Star Wars universe wears spurs.
    Cruisin' Mos Espa in my DeLorean...

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Great 6th episode but seemingly another dead ender.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)