Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12
Results 331 to 352 of 352

Thread: The Poopy Diaper Vinyl Thread

  1. #331
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sparkwood and 21
    Posts
    211
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I thought posters to this thread might appreciate this.

    My favourite Australian band TISM are releasing their first work in almost twenty years, and it’s a 100 minute album on vinyl, which consists solely of silence. The relevant parts of the press release follow -

    With its lesser dynamic range, worse signal-to-noise ratio, inferior channel separation, variation in playback speed, limited sound capacity, and susceptibility to heat, dust and damge, vinyl is an inexplicably re-emerging gimmick for pox-addled hair-lipped shut-ins who are trying too hard to compensate for their goitered lives.

    But why pay for multiple TISM albums in vinyl format when you can buy only one? The TISM Omni-Album is an all-purpose album cover containing liner notes, artwork and song listings suitable for all six TISM albums. The TISM Deluxe Omni-Album comes with an actual vinyl disc, filled with 100 minutes of total silence, so as not to detract from the sound quality and thereby allowing you to savour the full vinyl experience: you will extract the soon-to-be scratched disc from the soon-to-be bent cover, place it on a revolving turntable powered by the latest in 1920s technology, and then attempt to drop a tiny, fragile and expensive needle on to an inconsistently revolving wax groove.

    With the TISM Deluxe Omni-Album, all the features of analogue listening are yours: turntable rumble, extraneous cartridge noise, clicks and pops as the stylus hits dust, and of course, the repetitive insanity of a needle endlessly skipping over the permanently damaged surface. And remember, with The TISM Deluxe Omni-Album's carefully mastered total silence, you can listen to TISM's music in any non-analogue format you choose (these formats are available for separate purchase.) The TISM Deluxe Omni-Album is the ultimate TISM listening experience.

    Needless to say, as a fan I picked up a copy... And if it’s not clear, TISM spent their entire career taking the piss out of popular culture, their fans and themselves (they have a song called ‘TISM Are Shit’, so none of it is to be taken that seriously).

  2. #332
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Panel K, Simulation
    Posts
    393
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by muad'nin View Post
    I thought posters to this thread might appreciate this.

    My favourite Australian band TISM are releasing their first work in almost twenty years, and it’s a 100 minute album on vinyl, which consists solely of silence. The relevant parts of the press release follow -

    With its lesser dynamic range, worse signal-to-noise ratio, inferior channel separation, variation in playback speed, limited sound capacity, and susceptibility to heat, dust and damge, vinyl is an inexplicably re-emerging gimmick for pox-addled hair-lipped shut-ins who are trying too hard to compensate for their goitered lives.

    But why pay for multiple TISM albums in vinyl format when you can buy only one? The TISM Omni-Album is an all-purpose album cover containing liner notes, artwork and song listings suitable for all six TISM albums. The TISM Deluxe Omni-Album comes with an actual vinyl disc, filled with 100 minutes of total silence, so as not to detract from the sound quality and thereby allowing you to savour the full vinyl experience: you will extract the soon-to-be scratched disc from the soon-to-be bent cover, place it on a revolving turntable powered by the latest in 1920s technology, and then attempt to drop a tiny, fragile and expensive needle on to an inconsistently revolving wax groove.

    With the TISM Deluxe Omni-Album, all the features of analogue listening are yours: turntable rumble, extraneous cartridge noise, clicks and pops as the stylus hits dust, and of course, the repetitive insanity of a needle endlessly skipping over the permanently damaged surface. And remember, with The TISM Deluxe Omni-Album's carefully mastered total silence, you can listen to TISM's music in any non-analogue format you choose (these formats are available for separate purchase.) The TISM Deluxe Omni-Album is the ultimate TISM listening experience.

    Needless to say, as a fan I picked up a copy... And if it’s not clear, TISM spent their entire career taking the piss out of popular culture, their fans and themselves (they have a song called ‘TISM Are Shit’, so none of it is to be taken that seriously).
    That's hilarious. I own and play vinyl, and sometimes I wonder why. It is a LOT of trouble and a couple years into it I still doubt the whole experience. But then again, since the internet seems to be causing the destruction of the whole world and flooding us with misinformation and enslaving us to social media, maybe these plastic discs will be the only thing we care about in 20 years when we lives down in the tunnels.

  3. #333
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    4,746
    Mentioned
    275 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by muad'nin View Post
    I thought posters to this thread might appreciate this.

    My favourite Australian band TISM are releasing their first work in almost twenty years, and it’s a 100 minute album on vinyl, which consists solely of silence. The relevant parts of the press release follow -

    With its lesser dynamic range, worse signal-to-noise ratio, inferior channel separation, variation in playback speed, limited sound capacity, and susceptibility to heat, dust and damge, vinyl is an inexplicably re-emerging gimmick for pox-addled hair-lipped shut-ins who are trying too hard to compensate for their goitered lives.

    But why pay for multiple TISM albums in vinyl format when you can buy only one? The TISM Omni-Album is an all-purpose album cover containing liner notes, artwork and song listings suitable for all six TISM albums. The TISM Deluxe Omni-Album comes with an actual vinyl disc, filled with 100 minutes of total silence, so as not to detract from the sound quality and thereby allowing you to savour the full vinyl experience: you will extract the soon-to-be scratched disc from the soon-to-be bent cover, place it on a revolving turntable powered by the latest in 1920s technology, and then attempt to drop a tiny, fragile and expensive needle on to an inconsistently revolving wax groove.

    With the TISM Deluxe Omni-Album, all the features of analogue listening are yours: turntable rumble, extraneous cartridge noise, clicks and pops as the stylus hits dust, and of course, the repetitive insanity of a needle endlessly skipping over the permanently damaged surface. And remember, with The TISM Deluxe Omni-Album's carefully mastered total silence, you can listen to TISM's music in any non-analogue format you choose (these formats are available for separate purchase.) The TISM Deluxe Omni-Album is the ultimate TISM listening experience.

    Needless to say, as a fan I picked up a copy... And if it’s not clear, TISM spent their entire career taking the piss out of popular culture, their fans and themselves (they have a song called ‘TISM Are Shit’, so none of it is to be taken that seriously).
    If that press release isn't directly inspired by the pretentious not at all tongue in cheek vinyl mission statement i'll eat my shoe haha

    Also I feel like they asked @Helpmeiaminhell to write the first section of that description.
    Last edited by tony.parente; 11-02-2020 at 11:48 AM.

  4. #334
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Panel K, Simulation
    Posts
    393
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Hey poopy diaper people - for those of you complaining for years about no CD’s, there are a bunch of CDs on sale at the NIN.com store. Limited supplies. Today is your day.

  5. #335
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    8,404
    Mentioned
    490 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    Hey poopy diaper people - for those of you complaining for years about no CD’s, there are a bunch of CDs on sale at the NIN.com store. Limited supplies. Today is your day.
    While we're talking about outdated media formats though, I definitely would have grabbed one of those Closure laser discs before they sold out.

  6. #336
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ontari-ari-ario
    Posts
    5,100
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    As someone who did a pro-quality digital transfer of "The Day the World Went Away" cassingle for the sadly departed WHAT.CD tracker, purely for the "Starfuckers" mix exclusive to that release, I would have been alllll over a "Reptile" cassette. But, alas...

  7. #337
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Belarus
    Posts
    3,828
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    "Starfuckers" mix exclusive to that release
    Say what now
    It's different from CD?

  8. #338
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ontari-ari-ario
    Posts
    5,100
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Say what now
    It's different from CD?
    Yep... full ending, with the crowd chanting to fadeout but no "Complication" guitar riff.
    Last edited by botley; 05-29-2021 at 05:26 PM.

  9. #339
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    1,548
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    With Teeth DE looks like it's gotten another batch; back in stock at both Amazon and NIN store US.

  10. #340
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    21
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    As someone who did a pro-quality digital transfer of "The Day the World Went Away" cassingle for the sadly departed WHAT.CD tracker, purely for the "Starfuckers" mix exclusive to that release, I would have been alllll over a "Reptile" cassette. But, alas...
    I miss that site. Never found someone who had an alternative. I would totally post some rare stuff on there.

  11. #341
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,894
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mank View Post
    I miss that site. Never found someone who had an alternative. I would totally post some rare stuff on there.
    Like what?

  12. #342
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    3,815
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    Like what?
    I second this.

  13. #343
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,117
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    As someone who did a pro-quality digital transfer of "The Day the World Went Away" cassingle for the sadly departed WHAT.CD tracker, purely for the "Starfuckers" mix exclusive to that release, I would have been alllll over a "Reptile" cassette. But, alas...
    I'm confused, why rip the tape when the TDTWWA CD single also have this crowd outro mix as well? They 3 track digipack with the Quiet mix. Starfuckers has that crowd outro. Is the cassette version different?

  14. #344
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ontari-ari-ario
    Posts
    5,100
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    I'm confused, why rip the tape when the TDTWWA CD single also have this crowd outro mix as well? They 3 track digipack with the Quiet mix. Starfuckers has that crowd outro. Is the cassette version different?
    Yes, it is. As I explained above, there is no "Complication" intro mixed with the crowd on the cassette.

  15. #345
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,117
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Yes, it is. As I explained above, there is no "Complication" intro mixed with the crowd on the cassette.
    I never noticed the Complication riff, but, yea, it's quietly there in the background. Probably cuz once the album came out, I mainly listened to the album version.

    At least now we can just splice our own HQ version between The Fragile remaster and Deviations version of Starfuckers, Inc. To be honest, I prefer the CD version of The Fragile with the way tracks blend and flow into each other, but the way Starfuckers, Inc. just ends and chopping 10 Miles High intro always irked me. But the CD mixing helps enhance the journey feel of the whole album.

  16. #346
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    2,356
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Yes, it is. As I explained above, there is no "Complication" intro mixed with the crowd on the cassette.
    I want to pause here to appreciate all the weird minor differences between TDTWWA & Starfuckers between the CD single, the cassingle, the double-CD album version, and the 3xLP album version. It was kind of maddening but also kinda fun to chase down and identify.

  17. #347
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ontari-ari-ario
    Posts
    5,100
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    I want to pause here to appreciate all the weird minor differences between TDTWWA & Starfuckers between the CD single, the cassingle, the double-CD album version, and the 3xLP album version. It was kind of maddening but also kinda fun to chase down and identify.

    Don't forget the "Starsuckers" promo!

  18. #348
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    880
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Don't forget the "Starsuckers" promo!
    I just did a massive inventory of my collection and holy crap...you forget how many versions are out there. Kinda like the Closer to God singles part 1 with black disc, white disc, etc. etc. and MOTP singles as well.

  19. #349
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    2,356
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Don't forget the "Starsuckers" promo!
    Is that an order?

  20. #350
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ontari-ari-ario
    Posts
    5,100
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Is that an order?
    Don't you....
    Don't you....
    Don't you....
    Don't you.... forget about me!

  21. #351
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    10,435
    Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Don't you....
    Don't you....
    Don't you....
    Don't you.... forget about me!
    please make this mashup

  22. #352
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    21
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mank View Post
    I miss that site. Never found someone who had an alternative. I would totally post some rare stuff on there.
    A few NIN/TRAR tracks, and some of other artists as well. But like I said I never found an alternative and I got on ? without even meaning to (I got a surprise invite afterward from a person who asked a big favor).

Posting Permissions