Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: The Poopy Diaper Vinyl Thread

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Just wanted to chime in that when I listen back to CDs or a vinyl record and compare quality, my tinnitus is still the same.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Aren't a lot of these bootleg vinyls just ripped from mp3s? You hear that all the time
    Yeah that's definitely just a problem limited to bootleg vinyl.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    I love when bootlegs just have random tacks thrown in...it sows such delightful confusion.
    It's eyebrow-raising on this release, for sure. Coincidentally, there's a companion bootleg LP of night two of the BSB performance that has Even Deeper from the CRC Session tacked on at the end, similar to TDTWWA on night one's LP..

In this instance, it's the thrill of the hunt for an LP of this performance, as it's so scarce and generally hard to come by. It's also my favorite musician we're talking about, so I've got no issues putting down good money to sleep at night knowing this is sitting on my shelf. We can laugh about Trent's "vinyl-above-all" stance and the merits of LP vs. CD, but at the end of the day, I'm fucking stoked that it's my favorite band/musician that's releasing these high-quality fetishy collector's pieces and standing behind his art, no matter how much space it takes up in my living quarters..

I spent the better part of the year bitching on here about not having Bird Box Deluxe in my hands, but shit, was it ever worth it. I haven't seen a package that nice since Cargo In The Blood..

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    Just wanted to chime in that when I listen back to CDs or a vinyl record and compare quality, my tinnitus is still the same.
    Same.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    I prefer vinyl tinnitus. It has a much warmer buzzing sound.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    vinyl tinnitus would be a great band name

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Goddamn hipstears.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    After seeing the images of Watchmen Vol. 3, I am now legitimately upset this isn't going to be on CD. This sucks.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Only just found out about Let Him Ride. TR's draconian crusade against CDs is one thing, but what's the benefit in omitting tracks from a digital release? Why? Especially when the vinyl edition apparently sold out in pre-orders.

What's going on? Seriously.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Just download Rocket From The Crypt - "On A Rope" and you’ve pretty much got it.

Edit: but I think the rationale was to not piss off the vinyl buyers given it omits several tracks. A concession to that.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I waited until after the holiday season to put my request for the warped Add Violence I got last month from nin.com, sleeve also damaged in shipping. I haven't heard back from them, I don't think they're going to honor the exchange. I feel dumb and worthless and a bother to the entire world.

So this morning, the guy I bought a blue x/1000 7" Converge EP from said he's out of town until next week, and can't ship until then, but he did thank me for paying him instantly.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    what's the benefit in omitting tracks from a digital release? Why? Especially when the vinyl edition apparently sold out in pre-orders.
    Different formats are allowed to be different, this isn't unprecedented (remember a little vinyl-exclusives-packed release called The Fragile?) when the run time needs to be shorter, or a different track works better in place of something else that can't be there for some reason. "Let Him Ride" is a fun track, but not essential... and I don't remember actually hearing it appear in the show, not when I was re-watching all the episodes this week. Happy to be wrong, if anybody else spotted it!

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Oh, good. I thought I missed a cue & couldn’t think which of the final episodes had the track.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Different formats are allowed to be different, this isn't unprecedented (remember a little vinyl-exclusives-packed release called The Fragile?) when the run time needs to be shorter, or a different track works better in place of something else that can't be there for some reason. "Let Him Ride" is a fun track, but not essential... and I don't remember actually hearing it appear in the show, not when I was re-watching all the episodes this week. Happy to be wrong, if anybody else spotted it!
    I just like everything in lossless on my computer, man.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    ^ Me too, and the vinyl rip floating around satisfies that.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    ^ Me too, and the vinyl rip floating around satisfies that.
    Still in the process of finding it. Have an MP3 rip, still working on FLAC.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    https://pitchfork.com/news/devastati...record-supply/

Now that this fire has crippled the vinyl industry....Trent can go back to releasing CDs

once again CDs outlived vinyl

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    ^ Nah, the record industry will adjust. It's shitty that this happened, no question, but it won't kill vinyl. Lacquer cutting was state of the art in 1970, but lots of different tech exists or has been tested subsequently in the intervening fifty years to to replace it and keep record pressing plants alive. That includes using copper for "direct metal" cutting (there are major pressing plants in Europe that already use this), laser cutting, etc. There was a big publicity push last year for so-called "HD vinyl", effectively 3D-printed from high resolution digital waveform images, and I imagine the folks pushing that tech are going to be able to get big investments now to perfect the process.

This news particularly sucks though for artists and mastering facilities that were doing really small-batch runs of vinyl, because the relatively cheap (I think it was as low as $45 per side?) lacquer days are now effectively over, and this disruption will massively increase their overhead costs. But, distribution chain problems and the giant bottleneck created by the biannual Record Store Day glut of releases has already backed the "vinyl revival" into a corner as far as retailers are concerned. Now that labels need to be careful about how many items can be cut in the traditional fashion, everyone will have a rethink about their production process.

It's unlikely that NIN's plans will take much of a hit, though you could see price tags go up even higher for new releases.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    That includes using copper for "direct metal" cutting (there are major pressing plants in Europe that already use this)
    I'm a firm believer in DMM for electronic-based music... it's just so crisp.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    https://pitchfork.com/news/devastati...record-supply/

Now that this fire has crippled the vinyl industry....Trent can go back to releasing CDs

once again CDs outlived vinyl
    CD's will never make sense again. They are the worst of all worlds. They lack the quality of HiRes digital and they lack the giant art and physicality of vinyl.
    Honestly, what makes more sense than anything else in 2020 is a better visual experience to accompany digital files. The physical components, and digital elements to accompany.
    Last edited by Max; 02-12-2020 at 07:29 AM.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    More about the HD Vinyl process and where it's at in the test stages. Will be interesting to see if they pull it off... it would essentially render all but the most strictly traditional analogue tape-to-lacquer vinyl mastering processes obsolete (including the byproducts of toxic chemicals required to make lacquers) and maximize the format's playback length, while maintaining compatibility with standard pressing plants and turntables.
    Last edited by botley; 02-10-2020 at 01:34 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Simple question: Where can I legitimately purchase hi-quality flac/wav of With Teeth Definitive Edition? Also, where is the best place to purchase hi-res files for Watchman soundtrack? I usually purchase from 7digital but they only have Vol2. I've read through various threads but working at an essential business for the past 4 months during all this insanity has my brain about done and my research keeps getting interrupted! Any direction is appreciated.
    EDIT: Found Acoustics Sounds for Watchman Soundtrack. Check that off.
    Last edited by hollowsminion; 06-27-2020 at 03:46 PM.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hollowsminion View Post
    Simple question: Where can I legitimately purchase hi-quality flac/wav of With Teeth Definitive Edition? Also, where is the best place to purchase hi-res files for Watchman soundtrack? I usually purchase from 7digital but they only have Vol2. I've read through various threads but working at an essential business for the past 4 months during all this insanity has my brain about done and my research keeps getting interrupted! Any direction is appreciated.
    EDIT: Found Acoustics Sounds for Watchman Soundtrack. Check that off.
    Unfortunately, it looks like you have to buy the vinyl in order to get the remastered With Teeth tracks.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Unfortunately, it looks like you have to buy the vinyl in order to get the remastered With Teeth tracks.
    Enjoy the big, beautiful artwork that the Vinyl offers. It accompanies digital files quite nicely. Sometimes I pull a record off the shelf and look at the art while I listen to a FLAC on my hi-res player. Great experience.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Trent releases Quake on vinyl.....And people are bitching and moaning about no download code.
    Trent releases new shirt designs.....And people are bitching and moaning about the sizes of the shirts.

Starting to see why this guy despises a large portion of the fanbase

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Starting to see why this guy despises a large portion of the fanbase
    Pretty sure you're thinking of Maynard, not Trent.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Trent releases Quake on vinyl.....And people are bitching and moaning about no download code.
    Oh, I'm sorry...
    I thought we were living in 2020, not 1970. A download code with your purchase is not asking for much.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Oh, I'm sorry...
    I thought we were living in 2020, not 1970.
    Considering the MASSIVE hard-on Trent and this fanbase has for vinyl....You sure its not 1970?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Considering the MASSIVE hard-on Trent and this fanbase has for vinyl....You sure its not 1970?
    After giving the vinyl format a shot, it wasn't for me. I didn't like the sound, especially the pops, clicks, crackles, and having an album broken up into ADD certified bite-sized sections, which ruins the journey/listening experience for me. Oh, and spending all that cash just to roll the dice and hope it arrives in pristine condition (50/50 damaged on arrival). Don't get me wrong, the packaging does look pretty... when it's not bent, crushed, split, and coming unglued.

If Trent decided to exclusively release on vinyl only and ditch digital altogether, I would honestly just stop listening to his music then. And that's coming from a hardcore who has been following him since Pretty Hate Machine. As much as I've been dying to hear this Quake remaster, being a vinyl exclusive means that I'm never going to get to listen to it. I don't want a vinyl rip. I wouldn't mind a nice 24 bit hi-res lossless audio release.

If Trent's idea is to alienate longtime fans such as myself who do not like the vinyl format...

Plenty of other digitally released music I can throw my money at.
    Last edited by neorev; 09-22-2020 at 07:26 PM.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    After giving the vinyl format a shot, it wasn't for me. I didn't like the sound, especially the pops, clicks, crackles, and having an album broken up into ADD certified bite-sized sections, which ruins the journey/listening experience for me. Oh, and spending all that cash just to roll the dice and hope it arrives in pristine condition (50/50 damaged on arrival). Don't get me wrong, the packaging does look pretty... when it's not bent, crushed, split, and coming unglued.

If Trent decided to exclusively release on vinyl only and ditch digital altogether, I would honestly just stop listening to his music then. And that's coming from a hardcore who has been following him since Pretty Hate Machine. As much as I've been dying to hear this Quake remaster, being a vinyl exclusive means that I'm never going to get to listen to it. I don't want a vinyl rip. I want a nice 24 bit hi-res lossless audio release.

If Trent's idea is to alienate longtime fans such as myself who do not like the vinyl format...

Don’t be distressed. I’m sure a seed0 torrent will appear within a week.