Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
Results 271 to 294 of 294

Thread: The Poopy Diaper Vinyl Thread

  1. #271
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,053
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Just wanted to chime in that when I listen back to CDs or a vinyl record and compare quality, my tinnitus is still the same.

  2. #272
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    1,183
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Aren't a lot of these bootleg vinyls just ripped from mp3s? You hear that all the time
    Yeah that's definitely just a problem limited to bootleg vinyl.

  3. #273
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    A warm place
    Posts
    1,371
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    I love when bootlegs just have random tacks thrown in...it sows such delightful confusion.
    It's eyebrow-raising on this release, for sure. Coincidentally, there's a companion bootleg LP of night two of the BSB performance that has Even Deeper from the CRC Session tacked on at the end, similar to TDTWWA on night one's LP..

    In this instance, it's the thrill of the hunt for an LP of this performance, as it's so scarce and generally hard to come by. It's also my favorite musician we're talking about, so I've got no issues putting down good money to sleep at night knowing this is sitting on my shelf. We can laugh about Trent's "vinyl-above-all" stance and the merits of LP vs. CD, but at the end of the day, I'm fucking stoked that it's my favorite band/musician that's releasing these high-quality fetishy collector's pieces and standing behind his art, no matter how much space it takes up in my living quarters..

    I spent the better part of the year bitching on here about not having Bird Box Deluxe in my hands, but shit, was it ever worth it. I haven't seen a package that nice since Cargo In The Blood..

  4. #274
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    3,158
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    Just wanted to chime in that when I listen back to CDs or a vinyl record and compare quality, my tinnitus is still the same.
    Same.

  5. #275
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Peoria, Illinois
    Posts
    2,002
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    Just wanted to chime in that when I listen back to CDs or a vinyl record and compare quality, my tinnitus is still the same.
    I prefer vinyl tinnitus. It has a much warmer buzzing sound.

  6. #276
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    9,399
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I prefer vinyl tinnitus. It has a much warmer buzzing sound.
    vinyl tinnitus would be a great band name

  7. #277
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Laughingstock of the World (America)
    Posts
    4,579
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I prefer vinyl tinnitus. It has a much warmer buzzing sound.
    Goddamn hipstears.

  8. #278
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,262
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    After seeing the images of Watchmen Vol. 3, I am now legitimately upset this isn't going to be on CD. This sucks.

  9. #279
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,262
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Only just found out about Let Him Ride. TR's draconian crusade against CDs is one thing, but what's the benefit in omitting tracks from a digital release? Why? Especially when the vinyl edition apparently sold out in pre-orders.

    What's going on? Seriously.

  10. #280
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Tynemouth, England
    Posts
    2,079
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Just download Rocket From The Crypt - "On A Rope" and you’ve pretty much got it.

    Edit: but I think the rationale was to not piss off the vinyl buyers given it omits several tracks. A concession to that.

  11. #281
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    24.24.2.1633
    Posts
    162
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I waited until after the holiday season to put my request for the warped Add Violence I got last month from nin.com, sleeve also damaged in shipping. I haven't heard back from them, I don't think they're going to honor the exchange. I feel dumb and worthless and a bother to the entire world.

    So this morning, the guy I bought a blue x/1000 7" Converge EP from said he's out of town until next week, and can't ship until then, but he did thank me for paying him instantly.

  12. #282
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ontari-ari-ario
    Posts
    4,438
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    what's the benefit in omitting tracks from a digital release? Why? Especially when the vinyl edition apparently sold out in pre-orders.
    Different formats are allowed to be different, this isn't unprecedented (remember a little vinyl-exclusives-packed release called The Fragile?) when the run time needs to be shorter, or a different track works better in place of something else that can't be there for some reason. "Let Him Ride" is a fun track, but not essential... and I don't remember actually hearing it appear in the show, not when I was re-watching all the episodes this week. Happy to be wrong, if anybody else spotted it!

  13. #283
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    34.167488, -118.381863
    Posts
    1,157
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Oh, good. I thought I missed a cue & couldn’t think which of the final episodes had the track.

  14. #284
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    535
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Different formats are allowed to be different, this isn't unprecedented (remember a little vinyl-exclusives-packed release called The Fragile?) when the run time needs to be shorter, or a different track works better in place of something else that can't be there for some reason. "Let Him Ride" is a fun track, but not essential... and I don't remember actually hearing it appear in the show, not when I was re-watching all the episodes this week. Happy to be wrong, if anybody else spotted it!
    I just like everything in lossless on my computer, man.

  15. #285
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ontari-ari-ario
    Posts
    4,438
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    ^ Me too, and the vinyl rip floating around satisfies that.

  16. #286
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    535
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    ^ Me too, and the vinyl rip floating around satisfies that.
    Still in the process of finding it. Have an MP3 rip, still working on FLAC.

  17. #287
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    899
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    https://pitchfork.com/news/devastati...record-supply/

    Now that this fire has crippled the vinyl industry....Trent can go back to releasing CDs

    once again CDs outlived vinyl

  18. #288
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ontari-ari-ario
    Posts
    4,438
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    ^ Nah, the record industry will adjust. It's shitty that this happened, no question, but it won't kill vinyl. Lacquer cutting was state of the art in 1970, but lots of different tech exists or has been tested subsequently in the intervening fifty years to to replace it and keep record pressing plants alive. That includes using copper for "direct metal" cutting (there are major pressing plants in Europe that already use this), laser cutting, etc. There was a big publicity push last year for so-called "HD vinyl", effectively 3D-printed from high resolution digital waveform images, and I imagine the folks pushing that tech are going to be able to get big investments now to perfect the process.

    This news particularly sucks though for artists and mastering facilities that were doing really small-batch runs of vinyl, because the relatively cheap (I think it was as low as $45 per side?) lacquer days are now effectively over, and this disruption will massively increase their overhead costs. But, distribution chain problems and the giant bottleneck created by the biannual Record Store Day glut of releases has already backed the "vinyl revival" into a corner as far as retailers are concerned. Now that labels need to be careful about how many items can be cut in the traditional fashion, everyone will have a rethink about their production process.

    It's unlikely that NIN's plans will take much of a hit, though you could see price tags go up even higher for new releases.

  19. #289
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    1,676
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    That includes using copper for "direct metal" cutting (there are major pressing plants in Europe that already use this)
    I'm a firm believer in DMM for electronic-based music... it's just so crisp.

  20. #290
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Panel K, Simulation
    Posts
    288
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    https://pitchfork.com/news/devastati...record-supply/

    Now that this fire has crippled the vinyl industry....Trent can go back to releasing CDs

    once again CDs outlived vinyl
    CD's will never make sense again. They are the worst of all worlds. They lack the quality of HiRes digital and they lack the giant art and physicality of vinyl.
    Honestly, what makes more sense than anything else in 2020 is a better visual experience to accompany digital files. The physical components, and digital elements to accompany.
    Last edited by Max; 02-12-2020 at 07:29 AM.

  21. #291
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ontari-ari-ario
    Posts
    4,438
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    More about the HD Vinyl process and where it's at in the test stages. Will be interesting to see if they pull it off... it would essentially render all but the most strictly traditional analogue tape-to-lacquer vinyl mastering processes obsolete (including the byproducts of toxic chemicals required to make lacquers) and maximize the format's playback length, while maintaining compatibility with standard pressing plants and turntables.
    Last edited by botley; 02-10-2020 at 01:34 PM.

  22. #292
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    77
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Simple question: Where can I legitimately purchase hi-quality flac/wav of With Teeth Definitive Edition? Also, where is the best place to purchase hi-res files for Watchman soundtrack? I usually purchase from 7digital but they only have Vol2. I've read through various threads but working at an essential business for the past 4 months during all this insanity has my brain about done and my research keeps getting interrupted! Any direction is appreciated.
    EDIT: Found Acoustics Sounds for Watchman Soundtrack. Check that off.
    Last edited by hollowsminion; 06-27-2020 at 03:46 PM.

  23. #293
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    3,158
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hollowsminion View Post
    Simple question: Where can I legitimately purchase hi-quality flac/wav of With Teeth Definitive Edition? Also, where is the best place to purchase hi-res files for Watchman soundtrack? I usually purchase from 7digital but they only have Vol2. I've read through various threads but working at an essential business for the past 4 months during all this insanity has my brain about done and my research keeps getting interrupted! Any direction is appreciated.
    EDIT: Found Acoustics Sounds for Watchman Soundtrack. Check that off.
    Unfortunately, it looks like you have to buy the vinyl in order to get the remastered With Teeth tracks.

  24. #294
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Panel K, Simulation
    Posts
    288
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Unfortunately, it looks like you have to buy the vinyl in order to get the remastered With Teeth tracks.
    Enjoy the big, beautiful artwork that the Vinyl offers. It accompanies digital files quite nicely. Sometimes I pull a record off the shelf and look at the art while I listen to a FLAC on my hi-res player. Great experience.

Posting Permissions