Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Lindemann / Till Lindemann (Solo)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)

Lindemann / Till Lindemann (Solo)

The 2nd Lindemann album is done! Woo-hoo.
    No details or release date yet. Guessing early 2020.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/lin...7CkU5ZxLFgkB0M

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    The 2nd Lindemann album is done! Woo-hoo.
    No details or release date yet. Guessing early 2020.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/lin...7CkU5ZxLFgkB0M
    Amazing news! I wonder if it’ll all be in German like previously reported?

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Ah lovely, ticket queue, server crash...

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    Ah lovely, ticket queue, server crash...
    Ah, living in Australia and being weit weg from the tour...

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    And no tickets left... what a clusterfuck. Again.

EDIT: Well, no tickets today. I was a little surprised to be honest that it did sell out so fast, yet maybe ticketmaster just has a limited number. Tomorrow is the official pre-sale, so I'll try my luck again. But seriously, it's getting more and more frustrating to buy tickets for sought after shows these days. Really takes the fun out of it at first...
    Last edited by dlb; 11-07-2019 at 03:34 AM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I got mine from a Live Nation presale at 9am UK time this morning- went straight in and bought with no issues, no queue - I was really surprised to be honest because the Forum in London is so small. @dlb maybe its selling out so fast because you're buying in Germany?

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    It's a madhouse really! just logged into my local ticket seller and scored two tickets for Munich. Easy as that, no presale bullshit and queues, F5-penetration... so yeah, 50€ is okay I guess and I'm really looking forward to see Till two times next year, Rammstein in Berlin, and Lindemann in my hometown.

Oh and btw, I really came to enjoy Knebel. I still think it kind of misses the mark for the first two minutes, but Till's vocals are strong on this one. Can't believe I enjoy all of this way more than the recent Rammstein record. Hopefully Richard takes notice and gets a few Emigrate dates out. I know he's reluctant on touring with this band, but I'd really love to see some of the songs from the first record live.
    Last edited by dlb; 11-08-2019 at 03:22 AM.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Here’s what some Corona + being bored + Lindemann does:

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Maybe I’m being dumb, but what music is playing in the background of this video?

Also:

Last edited by Erneuert; 11-13-2019 at 01:44 PM.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Should be the title track instrumental that's playing, no?

Also the vinyl artwork for F+M looks insane! Can't get the picture to load here...

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Should be the title track instrumental that's playing, no?

Also the vinyl artwork for F+M looks insane! Can't get the picture to load here...
    Sure does! -

https://www.amazon.com/F-M-2-LP-Lind..._1573691261007

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    "Musikexpress" one of the better German music magazines gave the record 4,5 stars out of 5 and calls it "the better Rammstein record" for carefully broadening the established R+ soundscape. They also come to the conclusion that this might be the superior record since Till wrote five of these tracks for the play.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    "Musikexpress" one of the better German music magazines gave the record 4,5 stars out of 5 and calls it "the better Rammstein record" for carefully broadening the established R+ soundscape. They also come to the conclusion that this might be the superior record since Till wrote five of these tracks for the play.
    That’s awesome news! Need a Lindemann + Emigrate tour.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    That’s awesome news! Need a Lindemann + Emigrate tour.
    You know, I'd actually be down for that.
    I'd totally travel for a show like that.
    That actually sounds like a really fun show.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    You know, I'd actually be down for that.
    I'd totally travel for a show like that.
    That actually sounds like a really fun show.
    Plus Till could come out for the Let’s Go duet and maybe even sing Lemmy’s parts in English for Rock City!

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Said it before and I will say it again, I really want to see an Emigrate show! Especially if Richard would leave out the guest singing parts and do them himself. I'd especially love to hear the first record and it's b-sides.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Said it before and I will say it again, I really want to see an Emigrate show! Especially if Richard would leave out the guest singing parts and do them himself. I'd especially love to hear the first record and it's b-sides.
    I Have A Dream especially!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    So they announced a show in my city, which I have 0 interest in. Ironic. No Rammsten visits here since 2010 though.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    So they announced a show in my city, which I have 0 interest in. Ironic. No Rammsten visits here since 2010 though.
    Why zero interest?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Why zero interest?
    Just don't like the music, as simple as that.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Just don't like the music, as simple as that.

lol, joking, to each their own. I’ve just been dying to use that clip somewhere.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    The opening band for the EU leg of the lindemann tour is Aesthetic Perfection, which is a fantastic band! Saw them here last month at a headlining show. Was a great show. Anyone going to one of these shows is in for a hell of a show. Jealous as usual for not living in Europe!

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    The opening band for the EU leg of the lindemann tour is Aesthetic Perfection
    And a certain Joe Letz on the drums... who knew? Gonna check them out, thanks for mentioning!

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    The record is out in the wild now.

EDIT: First Impressions

-Not as good as Skills In Pills
    -Stand out tracks are: Allesfressar and Platz Eins.
    -Weak second half. Lots of slow songs, for example Scalaf Ein is over 5 minutes and doesn't go anywhere. Super boring song.
    -Nowhere near as good as Rammstein's 2019 record.

I think Till should have stuck to English singing. Each song off Skills seemed different from one another, where as all these songs seemed to blend together.
    There are 2 types of songs on this record: heavy electronic/fast/upbeat and very slow. They both fill up half the record, it seems.
    I may have enjoyed this record more if they didn't release so many damn songs/singles/clips before the release date. The songs they released were the better ones from the record.
    The 2 I mentioned above are songs that weren't released yet, and those are the stand out tracks.
    Honestly, I don't know if I'm going to give this record regular rotation. It's just... very... bland. it really didn't do much for me. I'd probably cut this down to a 5 song EP or so for my playlist.
    Saw some comments above saying some people were saying this was more interesting than Rammstein's new record... no way. Not at all.
    The Pain version of Arch So Gern is better than the original. The original is... some goofy song. It reminds me of a bunch of drunks at a tavern doing a jingle for members of a club or something weird...
    Last edited by ManBurning; 11-21-2019 at 01:26 AM.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    I haven’t listened yet, will later tonight and give my thoughts.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    First bad review I've heard, but I'm very much interested in listening to the record. I actually totally forogt about Rammstein's album in the meantime and I don't even listen to "Deutschland" anymore although it ranks up high in my "songs of 2019" list.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    First bad review I've heard, but I'm very much interested in listening to the record. I actually totally forogt about Rammstein's album in the meantime and I don't even listen to "Deutschland" anymore although it ranks up high in my "songs of 2019" list.
    Yeah, I always start the record on "Radio" myself. Not that "D" is a bad song, just... kind of got sick of it before the record dropped, lol. That's nobody's fault but my own though.

Same thing happened with Steh Auf and Ich Weib Es Nicht, I listened to those songs to death that I can't listen to them anymore. And those are 2 of the stronger tracks on F&M too.
    But I start the record on Allesfresser.

After spending 24 hrs with the record, I'm afraid my opinion hasn't changed since last night. Still a 5/10.
    I've cut at least 3 songs from the track list.

You can tell a lot of these were written for a play, because of their more sombre tone. Half the record is on the quiet side. Just not my cup of tea.
    I'm sure a lot of you will enjoy this record thoroughly though. I was just expecting something else.

Interestingly enough, the records that I was most anticipating this year, were the ones I ranked the lowest. Expect Rammstein (2019) - Gave that a 9/10.
    This year had all of my favorite artists release music, but the records I ranked the highest were from bands I had never heard of, or listened to for the first time.
    Maybe I just put too much hope in the big names (Tool, KMFDM, Lindemann, KoRn, Covenant) to the point where I set myself up for disappointment.

I usually just listen to a lot of Metal/Industrial music. I rarely, rarely gravitate to music outside the genre, but one of the biggest surprises for me this year, for example, was Bille Eilish's record. Not sure what it was, but that record spoke to me. Also enjoyed Bring Me The Horizon's "amo" and I had never listened to this band up until this year, and that record was kind of panned by fans for their shift to a more poppier sound too (They even wrote a song about how the fans hated the shift in sound and tacked it on to the record - "heavy metal" kind of an in your face "fuck you, we'll do what we want" tongue and cheek style).
    Last edited by ManBurning; 11-22-2019 at 05:17 AM.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Yes, overplaying of singles way ahead of the actual record release unfortunately has become a thing. Of course yo could restrain yourself and don't give in on singles, but what's the point of having a single in the first place? Guess that's one of the downsides of streaming. Back in the day there were music videos and MTV so you rarely got tired of something before the record dropped.

I can share the sentiment of most anticipated records, especially when there's a year where alot of your most favorite bands release something. It's bound to happen that there are some stinkers, happened to me in 2013 where among NIN alot of bands released something. Turns out NIN was the only worthwhile record for me that year among my preferred artists.

Back to Lindemann: really curious what will happen on stage during this tour. The venues are not Rammstein level, yet quite big so there's enough space to light some things up.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)