Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14
Results 391 to 414 of 414

Thread: Lindemann / Till Lindemann (Solo)

  1. #391
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    4,102
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WingWalker View Post
    Welcome to 2022, Till Lindemann style.



    @Erneuert, the only person I've heard named was Sky Van Hoff on guitars. The concert's today, so we'll know very soon.
    What is it with these little advert things? The first one as Andy Warhol and this? Just promotion for some extra cash on the side?

  2. #392
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    SF, SD
    Posts
    2,564
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Damn long white haired Till looks like a BAMF.

  3. #393
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Hither, thither, and of course yon
    Posts
    86
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Till's touring musicians are: Jes Page and Emily Ruvidich on guitars, Acey Slade on bass, and Sandy Beaches (aka Joe Letz) on drums, per RammWiki.

    Check out the costumes...

    https://www.facebook.com/1201420312/videos/3113838425566745
    Last edited by WingWalker; 01-01-2022 at 03:51 PM. Reason: Bad video link

  4. #394
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    4,102
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)

  5. #395
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Hither, thither, and of course yon
    Posts
    86
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    [QUOTE=Erneuert;551554]Damn, still no Yukon!

    ...but he did do Platz Eins, complete with chair to stand on and fluorescent light tubes held by assistants whilst he strolled the area. In his red suit and slotted glasses!

  6. #396
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Hither, thither, and of course yon
    Posts
    86
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    The full concert is already on YouTube!





    Just read the comments: the uploader said the show's drummer was a substitute, meaning not Joe Letz. Substitution because the "original drummer tested positive for COVID." If true, I wonder if Till and the rest of the band were tested?
    Last edited by WingWalker; 01-01-2022 at 10:40 PM.

  7. #397
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    4,102
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WingWalker View Post
    The full concert is already on YouTube!



    Just read the comments: the uploader said the show's drummer was a substitute, meaning not Joe Letz. Substitution because the "original drummer tested positive for COVID." If true, I wonder if Till and the rest of the band were tested?
    Any XXX footage to note like displayed on the screen during the Lindemann tour?

  8. #398
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Hither, thither, and of course yon
    Posts
    86
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Couldn't tell from the above ^^ video. Golden Shower and Knebel looked blurred; but Victoria still got spanked during the reading session. Main comments floating around are how awful the backing tracks sounded (Peter & crew certainly are missed) and the incident with a mic stand accidentally or intentionally hitting a security guard in the head.

    Some of the issues undoubtedly have to do with being first gig with a new band and Till having one hell of a hangover from the New Year's party. His 4 January Dubai birthday bash show will be interesting.

  9. #399
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    4,102
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WingWalker View Post
    Couldn't tell from the above ^^ video. Golden Shower and Knebel looked blurred; but Victoria still got spanked during the reading session. Main comments floating around are how awful the backing tracks sounded (Peter & crew certainly are missed) and the incident with a mic stand accidentally or intentionally hitting a security guard in the head.

    Some of the issues undoubtedly have to do with being first gig with a new band and Till having one hell of a hangover from the New Year's party. His 4 January Dubai birthday bash show will be interesting.
    I really hope he releases a new album, or EP. Or even just changes the set list up a bit so we get Yukon, G-Spot Michael, Children Of The Sun, That’s My Heart (would make an excellent show closer), Schlaf Ein and Wer Weiß Das Schon. As well as the other recent solo singles… Le jardin des larmes (solo), Lubimiy Gorod, though I would be happy not to see him do any version of Mathematik live. Or Alle Tage ist kein Sonntag. Unless some awesome sounding hybrid version is arranged that’s mainly just Weinen Sollst Du.

    Is it the (better) album version of Ach So Gern they are playing live or the Pain version? Haven’t had a chance to watch the video yet.

    Is the show also still opening with Till in his diaper? Be interested to know if the oral sex stuff from the R+ live show antics is still being used as well.

    Kinda feel like a new opener is due and retire Skills In Pills.

  10. #400
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Hither, thither, and of course yon
    Posts
    86
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    I really hope he releases a new album, or EP. Or even just changes the set list up a bit so we get Yukon, G-Spot Michael, Children Of The Sun, That’s My Heart (would make an excellent show closer), Schlaf Ein and Wer Weiß Das Schon. As well as the other recent solo singles… Le jardin des larmes (solo), Lubimiy Gorod, though I would be happy not to see him do any version of Mathematik live. Or Alle Tage ist kein Sonntag. Unless some awesome sounding hybrid version is arranged that’s mainly just Weinen Sollst Du.

    Is it the (better) album version of Ach So Gern they are playing live or the Pain version? Haven’t had a chance to watch the video yet.

    Is the show also still opening with Till in his diaper? Be interested to know if the oral sex stuff from the R+ live show antics is still being used as well.

    Kinda feel like a new opener is due and retire Skills In Pills.
    I'm also surprised Till hasn't played Yukon, it's a popular cut from SiP and emotionally less difficult than Home Sweet Home. Yes to the diaper video, yes to the Pain-lite version of ASG (not sure how the tango version would go over live, to be honest). Overall this feels like Till simply recycled the setlist and some of the visuals (including throwing cake & fish during Allesfresser & Fish On) minus the musical quality that Peter and crew brought to the mix and added IHK as a closer.

    Till looked off his game during this show, tired and occasionally off the beat - he started the F&M bridge too soon for example. Again, some of this may be due to having a new band, a replacement drummer that had to learn the entire set list in a short period of time, plus everyone was hung over. The birthday show in Dubai is only a few hours away, be interesting to compare. Third show is in Ukraine, wonder if he'll change the caption of Freud reading In Stillen Nächten? (It's in Russian.)

    The 4K show is now up. Uploader included one of the more biting comments from r/Lindemann in his description, below the setlist & timestamps.


  11. #401
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    4,102
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    ^ haha, damn.

    Did you ever post here under a different alias? Or did you just resume posting here more frequently recently? As in like the last year or two? Because I see you’ve been here since 2011 but I only saw you start posting about R+ and co. in more recent times. Or am I losing the plot?

  12. #402
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Hither, thither, and of course yon
    Posts
    86
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    @Erneuert I used another alias on NIN.com (way back when it had forums) and the old version of ETS. After this site was restored I took the username of WingWalker...and promptly lost my password. Been reading here on and off ever since; found my pw and renewed my interest in Rammstein all at the same time. I'm not the most interesting poster, so I mostly lurk and enjoy the conversations.

    I keep hoping for a NIN/Rammstein collaboration (can you imagine Till's lyrics, R+ music & instrumentation, with the Reznor/Ross spin?!) so Trent could have a little chat with Till about maybe rethinking his own personal Mr Self-Destruct trajectory.

  13. #403
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Hither, thither, and of course yon
    Posts
    86
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Dubai.


  14. #404
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    4,102
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    ^ What song was that during? I couldn’t make it out properly.

    any set list changes?

  15. #405
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Hither, thither, and of course yon
    Posts
    86
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Fat, maybe? The vocals were garbled.

    Set list the same.

    The 20 January Bratislava concert has been cancelled. Apparently he still plans to play Ukraine.

  16. #406
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    4,102
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Man, the new live band sounds really… bad. The only good thing are Till’s vocals.

    see:


  17. #407
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Hither, thither, and of course yon
    Posts
    86
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Man, the new live band sounds really… bad. The only good thing are Till’s vocals.
    There's some question about the amount of playback used during the shows.

    An interesting question is why Till didn't opt for better-known players for his new band. He's had two years to come up with musicians; I assumed Sky Van Hoff would be one. Surely the front man of Rammstein, known for his perfectionism, would attract and want to work with the very best musicians out there. Is he too cheap? Does his ego not want the competition? Instead, he's now in a cover group of his own band, complete with everyone except Letz wearing Tägtgren-style ponytails, but without the Pain-level musicianship.

    The real test will be the shows in Kyiv, Prague and beyond. No New Year's Eve celebrations and birthday vodka shots to blame if the sound still sucks. And if it does, what does this mean for the Rammstein shows, which begin again in May?

    This is also the first time I've ever seen Till Lindemann with little to no tone in his arms. He just looks heavy.

  18. #408
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    2,357
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Are they throwing cakes? I'm assuming that's what those are although i was a bit worried from the opening with footage of Till eating some real messy spaghetti that they were going to drench the crowd in bowls of it LOL

    To which i would have been glad not to be at the front of that crowd!

  19. #409
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Hither, thither, and of course yon
    Posts
    86
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    @thelastdisciple Yes, cake for Allesfresser, and (dead) fish during Fish On.

  20. #410
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Vilnius, LT
    Posts
    79
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WingWalker View Post
    @thelastdisciple Yes, cake for Allesfresser, and (dead) fish during Fish On.
    Right. I'll be there and I'll be prepared to duck

    So... no new cancellations yet? I have a ticket to Riga. Not excited about the new band, but I haven't seen Lindemann live and I have nothing better to do.

  21. #411
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Hither, thither, and of course yon
    Posts
    86
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Edo View Post
    So... no new cancellations yet? I have a ticket to Riga.
    Both Prague and Riga shows have been postponed. Apparently Kyiv is still on.

    The video shot last year at the Bolshoi Circus will be released soon, and casting has now begun for yet another video.

  22. #412
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Hither, thither, and of course yon
    Posts
    86
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    The entire tour has been postponed to the end of the year.
    https://www.till-lindemann.com/

  23. #413
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    4,102
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WingWalker View Post
    The entire tour has been postponed to the end of the year.
    https://www.till-lindemann.com/
    Because of COVID or what? Or needs to focus more on R+ now?

  24. #414
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Hither, thither, and of course yon
    Posts
    86
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Because of COVID or what? Or needs to focus more on R+ now?
    Just assuming here, but since Bratislava, Prague and Riga were rescheduled due to Covid, the rest of the tour was also. Flake's reading tour was similarly moved to the end of this year due to Covid restrictions in Europe.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions