Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Tori Amos

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    www.barnesandnoble.com/w/under-the-pink/36172445

Under the Pink finally gets a worthwhile 2xLP vinyl pressing via Barnes & Noble July 16th. All the other previous versions of this album squeezed the album onto one disc. I think Side 2 comes to over 30 minutes.

A1 Pretty Good Year - 3:25
    A2 God - 3:58
    A3 Bells for Her - 5:20
    B1 Past the Mission - 4:05
    B2 Baker Baker - 3:20
    B3 The Wrong Band - 3:03
    B4 The Waitress - 3:09
    C1 Cornflake Girl - 5:06
    C2 Icicle - 5:47
    C3 Cloud on My Tongue - 4:44
    D1 Space Dog - 5:10
    D2 Yes, Anastasia - 9:33

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    www.barnesandnoble.com/w/under-the-pink/36172445

Under the Pink finally gets a worthwhile 2xLP vinyl pressing via Barnes & Noble July 16th. All the other previous versions of this album squeezed the album onto one disc. I think Side 2 comes to over 30 minutes.

A1 Pretty Good Year - 3:25
    A2 God - 3:58
    A3 Bells for Her - 5:20
    B1 Past the Mission - 4:05
    B2 Baker Baker - 3:20
    B3 The Wrong Band - 3:03
    B4 The Waitress - 3:09
    C1 Cornflake Girl - 5:06
    C2 Icicle - 5:47
    C3 Cloud on My Tongue - 4:44
    D1 Space Dog - 5:10
    D2 Yes, Anastasia - 9:33
    why don't i remember "yes, anastasia" at all? my brain just cannot fathom what that song even sounds like. i could have sworn the album ended with "space dog" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

anyway, am i going to buy this album again to have a better quality version of it? probably...

am i really going to buy this again?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    why don't i remember "yes, anastasia" at all? my brain just cannot fathom what that song even sounds like. i could have sworn the album ended with "space dog" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

anyway, am i going to buy this album again to have a better quality version of it? probably...

LOL I have like 3 copies of this album already and I'm still getting it again. It's guaranteed to not sound like total ass. Yes Anastasia is one of the best things she's ever committed to tape. It's like a mini opera. When those strings come in... Fuck.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Omigod, I love that song. The lyrics are fun.

Drivin on the vine
    Over clothes lines
    But office I saw the sign...

We'll see how brave you are
    We'll see how fast you be runnin

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

The last few songs kind of flow together. Great song/album.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Inspired by the conversation in this thread, I went back and listened to my original pink-colored press of 'Under the Pink.' And you know, despite cramming so much music onto a single disc, other than it being a little too quiet and the wear and tear of time (some pops and ticks here and there) I think the record sounds pretty darn good, and honestly blows out of the water many modern 2LP presses in my collection.

Am I still tempted since I adore this album? Of course! But I'm starting to hit storage limitations and need to start being a little pickier about what I buy. So maybe this one isn't essential for me.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I really would want a re-issue of Boys for Pele with the original versions of the songs restored, but I'll buy this.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Am I still tempted since I adore this album? Of course! But I'm starting to hit storage limitations and need to start being a little pickier about what I buy. So maybe this one isn't essential for me.
    If the original sounds great, then by all means you shouldn't feel obligated to splurge on another copy! I guess I should preface the vinyl complaint specifically with the Music on Vinyl repress which sounds bad, and the "remastered" reissue which somehow sounds even worse?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Inspired by the conversation in this thread, I went back and listened to my original pink-colored press of 'Under the Pink.' And you know, despite cramming so much music onto a single disc, other than it being a little too quiet and the wear and tear of time (some pops and ticks here and there) I think the record sounds pretty darn good, and honestly blows out of the water many modern 2LP presses in my collection.

I didn't notice much difference in the CD remaster over the original.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I really would want a re-issue of Boys for Pele with the original versions of the songs restored, but I'll buy this.
    ooh could you please expand on this? Are the vinyl versions different than what’s on streaming platforms these days?

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    ooh could you please expand on this? Are the vinyl versions different than what’s on streaming platforms these days?
    Unless I missed out on something, the original version of the album has been OOP on physical format since the original release. They messed with Professional Widow by replacing it with this sorta dance remix and changed Talula into the version from the Twister soundtrack. It was a really weird thing. It was only available on digital formats for a while like that too, but it seems they've restored it to the original version on Spotify.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 04-08-2021 at 08:19 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Unless I missed out on something, the original version of the album has been OOP on physical format since the original release. They messed with Professional Widow by replacing it with this sorta dance remix and changed Talula into the version from the Twister soundtrack. It was a really weird thing. It was only available on digital formats for a while like that too, but it seems they've restored it to the original version on Spotify.
    the pressing that came out a couple years ago seems like it has all the correct versions of the songs...

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    the pressing that came out a couple years ago seems like it has all the correct versions of the songs...
    I guess I completely missed that one

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    New album, Ocean to Ocean is out on 10/29.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Saw Tori last night in Boston and she was awesome, as always. Played "More Than a Feeling" which was fun. She sounds as good as ever.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Is she worth seeing now of days ? Thinking of seeing her this tour

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I haven't loved an album of her's in years, but she is always an AMAZING show.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdm View Post
    Is she worth seeing now of days ? Thinking of seeing her this tour
    She's always fantastic.

Ocean to Ocean was released two years ago, so I'm surprised that she's still touring behind it. Excellent album. She has such a huge body-of-work, I think a lot of fans, myself included, tend to overlook her more recent albums.