Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Batman - Gotham Knights

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Batman - Gotham Knights

Word online that the teased WB Montreal game coming soon is titled Batman: Arkham Legacy with the entire Bat family playable. WB Montreal teased out a few logos such as the Court of Owls on Batman Day last month but nothing since.

Hope there's more info soon!
    Last edited by october_midnight; 06-22-2020 at 10:34 AM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I am into this!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Since Conroy already confirmed that he's not voicing Batman for it, I wonder if this is post-Arkham Knight and the story involves Batman being gone or missing...regardless I'm pumped and hopeful that we'll hear something sooner than later.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Word on the street is that WB Games MTL registered the domain for 'Batman: Gotham Knights' so it looks like the rumored August reveal is probably true. Pumped!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    awesome!! having beat Arkham Asylum recently, I'm really taking my time with Arkham City. being able to level up so early is awesome. I'm literally at 1% into the storyline, but have already upgraded 5 or 6 times already. but now I'm going to get going with the story.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    awesome!! having beat Arkham Asylum recently, I'm really taking my time with Arkham City. being able to level up so early is awesome. I'm literally at 1% into the storyline, but have already upgraded 5 or 6 times already. but now I'm going to get going with the story.
    Arkham Asylum, Arkham City, and Arkham Knight were all amazing and highly recommended! I feel I may in the minority on this, but even Arkham Origins (a prequel to Asylum which isn't QUITE as good as the main 3 Rocksteady entires) was really fun and worth playing, too! Also, if you're enjoying the Batman games (and own a PS4), I VERY HIGHLY recommend the 2019 Spider-Man game, which has very similar gameplay mechanics, but builds on the high standard set by the Arkham series. I'm definitely looking forward to a new Batman adventure on the PS5!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    have the Spider Man game waiting to be played once I beat the Batman games I wish Origins was brought onto the PS4, alas I have no way to play it.

I'm also enjoy the tell tale game too!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    For sure, the Telltale games were both awesome. One thing I think is a failed opportunity is no black & white statues or even action figures coming out of those...always had a soft spot for it, especially the cowl.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    yes, I totally love the look of those games.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Gotham Knights confirmed to be revealed at the DC FanDome event a week from tomorrow. 1:30pm ET.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Fucking. Finally. Court of Owls symbol for a split second at like 15 seconds, let's gooooo

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Oh shit! www.r3dakt3d.com Announcement tomorrow!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Batman: Gotham Knights

- Large open world Gotham city (similar to Arkham Knight, though bigger), divided into 17 districts, each controlled by an elite Talon
    - Main antagonist is the Court of Owls, though the final secret villain Spoiler: or rather, villains...are the Three Jokers (based on the upcoming Johns/Fabok miniseries).
    - Talons can regenerate after being defeated and will go after the character that defeated them.
    - Playable characters: Batman, Nightwing, Robin (Damian Wayne), and Batwoman. Harley Quinn is a bonus preorder character.
    - Can switch between characters a la GTA V while they're in different locations in the map.
    - Defeating an Elite Talon means their district becomes part of 'Batman Inc.' giving access to new upgrades, crafting materials, etc.
    - Early 2021 to PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Steam, Epic, and Stadia.

Last edited by october_midnight; 08-19-2020 at 01:04 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Not THAT into the Court of Owls but it's finally someone besides the Joker (even though he's my favorite and I love the character) for a main antagonist for the most part....kinda.

I wonder if the Riddler and his obnoxious challenges will be in this game?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Unless they change the combat, I'm probably not gonna play it. I've had enough of this style combat. The Arkam games, Sleeping Dogs, Spider-Man... Too much of the same thing. Playing through the Arkham games again basically confirmed that I'm burnt out. Also, the countering system is absolute garbage. I gave up on the Arkham Knight dlc episodes because I was tired of pressing the fucking button and the game just refusing to acknowledge that I pressed it.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tomorrow. Can't fuckin' wait.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Looks great, not that i expected any less. I enjoyed Arkham Origins too so I trust WB Montreal.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Looks great, not that i expected any less. I enjoyed Arkham Origins too so I trust WB Montreal.
    I am just starting to get into the Batman games; they have been sitting in my backlog for years. This looks pretty good and that motorcycle looks amazing! Definitely something to look forward to and also pretty funny that everyone after the reveal was losing their shit due to Batman not being front and center.

Also, nice avatar .

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    I am just starting to get into the Batman games; they have been sitting in my backlog for years. This looks pretty good and that motorcycle looks amazing! Definitely something to look forward to and also pretty funny that everyone after the reveal was losing their shit due to Batman not being front and center.

Also, nice avatar .
    I'd argue Asylum is the best storywise but for content and gameplay Arkham City is the height to me. All of the games are good though. I assume the multiplayer is dead or no longer online server wise on Origins though.

Thanks. I bought the 4K set of the films this week and the artwork on the box is so awesome. I had to use it.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    My favorite was Origins, followed by City.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    So it's been confirmed that this game, the one that most resembles the Arkham games, ISN'T connected to the Arkham games, it's another timeline where Batman dies in some other way...which probably means he is going to still be alive at the end. Strange that the Suicide Squad game IS connected to the Arkham games, but this one isn't...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Current gen only. It's lookin'.... not too great?

Last edited by october_midnight; 05-10-2022 at 08:45 AM.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Canceling this on Xbox and PS4 was the correct move, but this looks fun enough. Nightwing gameplay looks like Marvel's Spiderman at times, just a tad clunkier. I'll wait for a final release to see if they clean anything up.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I mean yeah, I still preordered it lol. The whole Red Hood floating around kinda threw me, but I'm a sucker for any Court of Owls content so I'll still play it. Hope they add to the environments a bit.