Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Joker

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    First pics of Lady Gaga as Harley are online.

Obvious spoilers but you'll probably see them everywhere anyways. She looks pretty much exactly as you'd imagine.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

edit:

Last edited by october_midnight; 04-02-2024 at 12:12 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    That second photo...seriously? you could only find a Sears photographer for your promotional stuff?

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    That second photo...seriously? you could only find a Sears photographer for your promotional stuff?
    The poster for the movie looks fan made.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    It would be funny if the full trailer was just this scene going on, uncomfortably, for 2 minutes.
    Last edited by Ruined; 04-11-2024 at 11:44 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I'm already kind of outside the audience for this one but, if I was, I would be bummed to see them foregoing the "Harley as Joker's therapist" thing.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    I had zero expectations for this and I'm still not sure about the casting of Gaga (whom I really liked in Gucci), but this trailer is great! I wasn't sure if I wanted to see it in the cinemas, but guess I'll go now.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    I'm already kind of outside the audience for this one but, if I was, I would be bummed to see them foregoing the "Harley as Joker's therapist" thing.
    literally the first thing my wife said at the end of the trailer, too. "So she's not his therapist in this one?"

The trailer was done in the style of all the recent musicals - don't let people know it's a musical - except for maybe one or two parts. I liked the imagery at the end with the smile but all I could think of at the same time was the focus pullers and the camera person moving the camera to the exact right spot and Joaquin having to smile at the exact right time...it was neat until that.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Listen, if you have to hide the fact that your movie is a musical while promoting it, don't make it a fucking musical.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    literally the first thing my wife said at the end of the trailer, too. "So she's not his therapist in this one?"

The trailer was done in the style of all the recent musicals - don't let people know it's a musical - except for maybe one or two parts. I liked the imagery at the end with the smile but all I could think of at the same time was the focus pullers and the camera person moving the camera to the exact right spot and Joaquin having to smile at the exact right time...it was neat until that.
    The whole time I was thinking about that! Like how would he know the exact right angle lol

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Listen, if you have to hide the fact that your movie is a musical while promoting it, don't make it a fucking musical.
    Yeah, I guess we'll see how well it works when the movie comes out, but I can't help but think they should have just limited themselves to 3 or 4 songs done in the style of the dream sequence in The Big Lebowski or the daydream scene in The Shape of Water. I know it's a musical, but considering the first movie wasn't one, I feel like having 15 songs in this movie seems like a lot and I'm not so sure the general public will accept that. I have a hard time believing that most of the people that liked the first movie will be open-minded enough to enjoy a sequel that's a musical – especially when they don't advertise it as such in the trailer.
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 04-10-2024 at 02:45 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Turning it into a complete musical number was just dumb imo. I like The Big Lebowski approach, and I absolutely loathe full on musicals as it is. Eh, whatever man.