Thread: Joker

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    Does it feel irresponsible to release a movie like this at the current time? Maybe in the US, but not elsewhere in the world.
    I was born and live in Toronto, which is not the USA. An avowed incel murdered ten people on a busy street a few kilometers North of where I live outside the headquarters of the Toronto District School Board. He ran over them, and dozens more innocent people, on a so-called "mission" to assassinate and terrorize "Normies" with a rented van, and the entire city has been on tenterhooks ever since while we wait for a copycat to take up his challenge of an "incel uprising".

Please, everyone, stop insinuating that this is a US-only problem, or that a piece of cinema specifically targeted by an enormous corporation with millions of dollars in its marketing budget to an online fan base adjacent to radical cells of terrorist scumbags is CENSORED — it should be interrogated for whether it handles the issue responsibly. That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    People need to stop acting like the people who commit these crimes are rational people. Clearly they aren't. Sure they could be influenced by a film to do something bad. But they could also be influenced by the bible or even something as juvenile as bad customer service.
    Watch the interview I just linked. The murderer explains in emotionally detached but quite logical terms how he became "radicalized" (his own word) by copying the actions of people whose twisted ideologies he felt reflected his own experience.
    Last edited by botley; 09-29-2019 at 10:08 AM.