Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Reptile AATCHB source?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Reptile AATCHB source?

    anyone know which show the version of reptile on 'and all that could have been' (dvd2) is from?



    sounds like it could be from the 6/3/2000 cox arena san diego show? http://ninlive.com/shows/2000/20000603.html

    any help is greatly appreciated

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Chekhov, Russia
    Posts
    1,929
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    AATCHB is known to be spliced from several (dozens?) sources, sometimes several times during a song, so it may include that date or another. Watch out for Robin's hair at 4:50 then at 5:00.
    Last edited by BenAkenobi; 09-15-2019 at 12:45 PM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    SF, SD
    Posts
    1,907
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I've often been curious as to what songs' audio are sourced from which shows.
    Last edited by SM Rollinger; 09-15-2019 at 02:06 PM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    820
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    AATCHB is known to be spliced from several (dozens?) sources, sometimes several times during a song, so it may include that date or another. Watch out for Robin's hair at 4:50 then at 5:00.
    This is true. Once you see it, you can't unsee it.

    Do we know if they also dubbed parts on AATCHB in post, or was the audio purely ripped from live soundboards?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Belarus
    Posts
    2,955
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    AATCHB is known to be spliced from several (dozens?) sources, sometimes several times during a song, so it may include that date or another. Watch out for Robin's hair at 4:50 then at 5:00.
    Reptile is quite different from the rest since it was only played like 5 times on that tour. Should be easier to find a right show (in theory).

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    883
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    I think many of the sources came from the San Francisco, Cow Palace show. Reptile's audio definitely came from that, as well as The Great Below from that date.

    Ironically, I just added a bunch of video recordings from the west coast swing and I think it's in Phoenix that you can see a boom mic over the soundboard. Assuming that was used for crowd noise for the board feed. There is a soundboard feed of the APC opening set floating around and there is a snippet of the NIN soundboard of just 'Hurt.' If they recorded the last song of NIN, I would assume the whole set it out there.

    These are all assumptions, but they filmed the whole tour and maybe only audio recorded the last handful of west coast dates? By that time, the set had been dialed in.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Laughingstock of the World (America)
    Posts
    3,831
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    I think many of the sources came from the San Francisco, Cow Palace show. Reptile's audio definitely came from that, as well as The Great Below from that date.

    Ironically, I just added a bunch of video recordings from the west coast swing and I think it's in Phoenix that you can see a boom mic over the soundboard. Assuming that was used for crowd noise for the board feed. There is a soundboard feed of the APC opening set floating around and there is a snippet of the NIN soundboard of just 'Hurt.' If they recorded the last song of NIN, I would assume the whole set it out there.

    These are all assumptions, but they filmed the whole tour and maybe only audio recorded the last handful of west coast dates? By that time, the set had been dialed in.
    All of the shows were recorded...just not for the album / video release.

    Also, what's this about an APC soundboard from that tour?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Belarus
    Posts
    2,955
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Also, what's this about an APC soundboard from that tour?
    Live in Phoenix boot, the same show where MTV proshot footage was taken

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    385
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Audio seems to be from 1 show, and the video is at least 2 shows.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    879
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Live in Phoenix boot, the same show where MTV proshot footage was taken
    I could've sworn there was an official promo CD of that whole show as well, but discogs is suggesting otherwise. A lot of those tracks were also on the 3 Libras/Hollow import cd/vinyl singles from Mer de Noms. I'm not sure if that's just coincidental to Tool also putting live soundboard songs on the Sober/Prison Sex singles to thwart the bootlegged album.
    Last edited by halo eighteen; 09-17-2019 at 08:18 AM.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Belarus
    Posts
    2,955
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    I could've sworn there was an official promo CD of that whole show as well, but discogs is suggesting otherwise.
    It's probably what it's sourced from anyway. There aren't any real photos of it though, just a fan-made cover(s).
    https://www.echoingthesound.org/comm...791#post311791
    The sound quality is too good even for a pre-FM mix or whatever. No way it's not professionally mixed.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Peoria, Illinois
    Posts
    1,538
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    I could've sworn there was an official promo CD of that whole show as well, but discogs is suggesting otherwise. A lot of those tracks were also on the 3 Libras/Hollow import cd/vinyl singles from Mer de Noms. I'm not sure if that's just coincidental to Tool also putting live soundboard songs on the Sober/Prison Sex singles to thwart the bootlegged album.
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    It's probably what it's sourced from anyway. There aren't any real photos of it though, just a fan-made cover(s).
    https://www.echoingthesound.org/comm...791#post311791
    The sound quality is too good even for a pre-FM mix or whatever. No way it's not professionally mixed.
    Live In Phoenix was a "radio special" and was mixed as such. I have yet to find a picture of the original "radio-only promo" CD, but there is evidence it exists. I had a cassette, bought by a girlfriend from a record store in 2001 (Bloomington, IL), that was the entire thing (intro, bumpers, and the Matt Pinfield interview); artwork was just a pink j-card with black text. I have no idea if this was "official"; no one else has mentioned a cassette release and information is scarce.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    883
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    I have never heard the APC board from Phoenix. But "Hurt" from that show is definitely from a raw board feed.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,065
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    its fairly well documented that they did LOTS of overdubs in the studio for this release. don't ask me to provide proof tho

Posting Permissions