Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I have a NIN uncirculated pro-shot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have a NIN uncirculated pro-shot

I have the nin '91 wembley concert (pro-shot). I'd be interested in trading it for anything Guns N' Roses related - primarily uncirculated songs or concerts of the Chinese Democracy era, but I'm open to other eras too.

for any inquiries, trade offers or questions: brodie.buckethead@gmail.com

(mods feel free to move it to the appropiate section)
    Last edited by 4Heavens; 02-07-2019 at 05:36 PM. Reason: spelling

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Prove it

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Could you please post a few screenshots at various time codes?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Would love to see this!

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    If this is real, it must've been locked in someone's basement for a pretty long time. Apparently a GNR proshot of this date also exists, but only a couple of songs are in circulation.
    Mentioned here: http://www.mygnrforum.com/topic/2203...known-updated/ and here's another clip:

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Hopefully @ninlive can work some magic with the other fans’ music archives.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    Hopefully @ninlive can work some magic with the other fans’ music archives.
    Obviously, I am very intrigued by this and have put out the necessary SOS to all my contacts.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    In this clip Axl says something about it being filmed for MTV

Ive seen recordings of the housefeed jumbotron screens, and from Skid Row too. I wonder if this footage is MTVs or if its the raw housefeed? Either way im suprised there hasnt been anything from the NIN part of the show.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    In this clip Axl says something about it being filmed for MTV
    Yeah, that song was used for the 1991 MTV Music Awards.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    If setlist fm is to be believed (and I don't see why not, this is what they were playing at the time)

@CAMEO172 has some info too here https://happinessinheresy.com/nine-i...ugust-31-1991/ and some groovy photos of the show itself, you can see camera men in some of the pictures, so it was filmed in some capacity.
    Last edited by SM Rollinger; 02-10-2019 at 10:55 PM.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    If setlist fm is to be believed (and I don't see why not, this is what they were playing at the time)
    1991 performances of Wish are my kink

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Wait hold on a minute, my mother was at this show! It's one she always talks about as she managed to get into a VIP box and started a food fight with a chocolate cake, she never ONCE mentioned NIN played...oh we are going to have words!

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I don't know why I imagined this gig took place in the evening.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tickets say 5 pm start time.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    I don't know why I imagined this gig took place in the evening.

so pale...so skinny...

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    If setlist fm is to be believed (and I don't see why not, this is what they were playing at the time).
    for me, I don't see why we can trust such a setlist.... having a logical setlist doesn't mean this is the real one. Like having some setlist of a cancelled show.
    setlist fm is like wikipedia : it can be really good.. or not !

Last edited by CAMEO172; 02-13-2019 at 06:37 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Trent said this was the worst NIN show ever. I know Trent hated the audience flipping them off and throwing things or whatever but he should've embraced it like Faith No More did when they opened for GNR a year later. FNM goaded the audiences into throwing shit at them with Mike Patton going as far as to eat the trash and piss in the cups right there on the stage.
    Last edited by nooneimportant; 02-13-2019 at 07:01 AM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    according to this page :http://geoffwebb.weebly.com/1991.html

NINE INCH NAILS, SET-LIST:
    NOW I'M NOTHING / TERRIBLE LIE / SIN / PHYSICAL (YOU'RE SO) / THE ONLY TIME / WISH / DOWN IN IT / HEAD LIKE A HOLE

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CAMEO172 View Post
    according to this page :http://geoffwebb.weebly.com/1991.html

NINE INCH NAILS, SET-LIST:
    NOW I'M NOTHING / TERRIBLE LIE / SIN / PHYSICAL (YOU'RE SO) / THE ONLY TIME / WISH / DOWN IN IT / HEAD LIKE A HOLE
    It's safe to say many of the setlists are like this. Not many sets were ever truncated and because the discography was so new. There were not many differences.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post
    Trent said this was the worst NIN show ever. I know Trent hated the audience flipping them off and throwing things or whatever but he should've embraced it like Faith No More did when they opened for GNR a year later. FNM goaded the audiences into throwing shit at them with Mike Patton going as far as to eat the trash and piss in the cups right there on the stage.
    I don't have an article at my fingertips to point to, but I think you've got the wrong show at the right tour. I believe the wurst (l.o.l.) was the German show on this tour, when they were throwing hot dogs at NIN, and Trent watched from the stage as some kid in a NIN shirt get his ass kicked.

But also I need the publication of this pro-shot video to happen.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    I don't have an article at my fingertips to point to, but I think you've got the wrong show at the right tour. I believe the wurst (l.o.l.) was the German show on this tour, when they were throwing hot dogs at NIN, and Trent watched from the stage as some kid in a NIN shirt get his ass kicked.
    Trent called all of the performances supporting GNR some of the worst Nine Inch Nails performances, then gave an anecdote about the opening night in Mannheim, Germany. The full interview is in issue 308 of Q, but I was able to find an excerpt/article:

https://web.archive.org/web/20120203...d_to_bloc.html

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    nothing to see here....
    Last edited by ryanmcfly; 02-13-2019 at 04:55 PM. Reason: i should have read the post before mine

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Trent called all of the performances supporting GNR some of the worst Nine Inch Nails performances, then gave an anecdote about the opening night in Mannheim, Germany. The full interview is in issue 308 of Q, but I was able to find an excerpt/article:

https://web.archive.org/web/20120203...d_to_bloc.html
    So, actually I am in the process of getting a Mannheim master tape (fingers crossed). This would be the first recording of a European show. This is where all of NIN's despise of Euro tours started and he has referred to the sausage remarks multiple times over the years while in Europe.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    So it's been about a week and no proof of life from W. Axl...is this shenanigans?

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Why is it always GNR fans who pop up with claims like this and then bounce?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Has anyone emailed this guy?

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    I’ve emailed them. I’ve been told that they are transferring the VHS tape now in NY. Not sure when we’ll get some proof of it.

I have also reached out to a few GNR traders and one person has the “holy grail” of tapes for them. Hopefully I can connect them both and make it worth their while. This said person isn’t interested in NIN. So they would just hook me up with a finders fee.

lets hope it works out.

yall remember the 94 pro shot tape? Yeah. Good times.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Thanks for all you do, Ryan! Would be great to see any tape of these stadium shows emerge, even if by all reports it did not go over so well with large parts of the crowd. The daylight '91 Lolla shows that circulate are certainly weird, but mark a time when NIN seem truly determined and energized... the Wembley crowd is probably a half-way point between outright "hostile, moronic" (Mannheim sausage-throwers) and the semi-awkward early Lollapalooza vibes, I'm guessing.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Just the other day I was listening to the several circulating 1990/91 SBD shows in a row and was surprised how much better they sounded in the 1991 Rotterdam recording over the previous legs of PHM tour (Dallas 1990 show and other one from 1991, forgot which one, it's on ninlive) and I wonder if it's just the better mix, or Jeff Ward drum parts, or the overall band improvement, or all of the above.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Just the other day I was listening to the several circulating 1990/91 SBD shows in a row and was surprised how much better they sounded in the 1991 Rotterdam recording over the previous legs of PHM tour (Dallas 1990 show and other one from 1991, forgot which one, it's on ninlive) and I wonder if it's just the better mix, or Jeff Ward drum parts, or the overall band improvement, or all of the above.
    I forget exactly when Sean Beavan started doing FOH mixing (as well as BG vocals!) for them, but it may well have been '91. I think he was still with Humble Pie in 1990... [EDIT] Never mind, just checked an interview and he was on the Jesus & Mary Chain and Peter Murphy tours in 1990, so probably all through the rest of those years, up to and including Nights of Nothing in '96.
    Last edited by botley; 02-14-2019 at 12:37 PM.