Thread: 2010-2019--Your top ten albums of the '10s

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    ...I just don't personally feel that any new act from this century produced anything as good as the artists from the 20th century. I'm just not hearing it. ...
    You're not alone there. It seems that more than just a few people find it hard to plug in to music of this decade. What has been the worst decade for music? In this survey 42% said it was this decade.

That could be the same as this poll,

There's no time like the present...for bad music. Forty-two percent of Americans think that this decade has the worst music compared with the other four most recent decades. Next in order are the 2000s (15 percent), 1990s (13 percent), 1980s (14 percent) and the 1970s (12percent). People of all stripes are in agreement on this one. The 70s had classic rock and disco, the 80s had pop and new wave, the 90s had hip hop, alternative rock and grunge but starting around the turn of the century, Americans seem to feel music has hit a rough patch. Many people are predisposed to feel nostalgia for the music and songs of their youth, but by a wide margin, even today's younger set feels that this decade's music is the worst.”

Another interesting question posed...

So, in which decade would you jump off your time machine to see a band perform before they lost their famous lead singer? Twenty-two percentwould go back to the 50s to see Buddy Holly chirping with the Crickets, 21 percent would drag themselves back to the 70s to see Freddy Mercury perform with Queen, another 21 percent would venture back to the psychedelic 60s and "experience" Jimi Hendrix first hand, 13 percent would also flash back to the 60s and open the Doors to see Jim Morrison in his prime and 11 percent would travel back to 90s and seek Nirvana in the form of Kurt Cobain. Nine percentwould skip the trip altogether.”
    Last edited by Dr Channard; 10-12-2019 at 02:27 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Channard View Post
    Another interesting question posed...

So, in which decade would you jump off your time machine to see a band perform before they lost their famous lead singer? Twenty-two percentwould go back to the 50s to see Buddy Holly chirping with the Crickets, 21 percent would drag themselves back to the 70s to see Freddy Mercury perform with Queen, another 21 percent would venture back to the psychedelic 60s and "experience" Jimi Hendrix first hand, 13 percent would also flash back to the 60s and open the Doors to see Jim Morrison in his prime and 11 percent would travel back to 90s and seek Nirvana in the form of Kurt Cobain. Nine percentwould skip the trip altogether.”
    I would want to go back to the late 80s/early 90s over in the UK to experience the second summer of love and the rave scene. The 90s electronic music will always be my favorite era, so much great and unique artists.