Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN touring in 2020 ???

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    Not to go full nerd here but according to setlists.fm there were 1195 songs played during the tour and 276 (~23%) of which were from one of the 3 recent EPs with Bad Witch accounting for 136. BW was the 2nd most represented album/EP behind TDS. Given their catalog I would say yes, the CB&I tour was meant to promote the EP trilogy.
    As someone who uses statistics on a daily basis, going full nerd is welcome.
    After the release of Hesitation Marks, that album was 30% of the songs played, with TDS at 16% in 2013. In 2014 with more shows, TDS was 24%, and Hesitation Marks at 17.4%.
    If you look at other years, TDS is consistently at 20-25% of the songs played. Even in 2007 when Year Zero came out, TDS accounted for 25% and Year Zero 15%.
    In 2008, there were less shows, but Year Zero maxed out at 22.3%, with The Slip at 18%, and TDS at 16%.
    So in this context, there's always going to be a slight bias for older material.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    ...there's always going to be a slight bias for older material.
    Thank God.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buzburbank View Post
    Thank God.
    Not a fan of the EP trilogy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Not a fan of the EP trilogy?
    Generally I prefer older stuff, but my fondness does grow over time. New music has a place, but frankly it also has the potential to suck the energy out of the room depending on the set list. For what it's worth, I actually enjoyed the pacing of the 3 CBI shows I attended (2-3 trilogy songs/night) a lot more than Tension (10 HM songs). HM was only about a month old at the time, so that certainly was a factor.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Guys...I cannot CAN NOT CAN NOT buy any more show posters...

All that said: I'd hope for a longer hiatus in which new music can be released before another tour.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    An actual tour or just festival circuit?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    There are rumours going around on a UK festival forum that NIN and Arcade Fire have been offered headline slots at a festival called All Points East. I may actually consider going to a UK festival again if this is true (only offers been made though, not accepted but it would mean they are ‘out there’.) Personally I hope they headline the Other Stage at Glastonbury because it gets them on the telly and would encourage new fans. The rumours are half way down the page or so
    https://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/...ge/6/#comments

The beauty of this festival is it’s in Victoria Park in London, no camping or hotel fees as we’d stay with my sister, no tedious travel arrangements, perfect.
    Last edited by WorzelG; 10-06-2019 at 03:29 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    There are rumours going around on a UK festival forum that NIN and Arcade Fire have been offered headline slots at a festival called All Points East. I may actually consider going to a UK festival again if this is true (only offers been made though, not accepted but it would mean they are ‘out there’.) Personally I hope they headline the Other Stage at Glastonbury because it gets them on the telly and would encourage new fans. The rumours are half way down the page or so
    https://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/...ge/6/#comments

The beauty of this festival is it’s in Victoria Park in London, no camping or hotel fees as we’d stay with my sister, no tedious travel arrangements, perfect.
    Clicking that efestivals link again leads us to some discouraging news/rumors about 2020 possibilities.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    Clicking that efestivals link again leads us to some discouraging news/rumors about 2020 possibilities.
    As long as the desire to tour is still there, I’m easy waiting till 2021

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I dunno. The whole thread on that forum looks to me like someone making up news on the go. Sure, everyone's got friend of friend who feeds updates on festival bookings to their pals on regular basis.
    Last edited by fillow; 10-23-2019 at 03:00 AM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    efestivals has always been a bit of truth and a lot of wishful thinking! There might be something in it, but i wouldn't hold my breath.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    I dunno. The whole thread on that forum looks to me like someone making up news on the go. Sure, everyone's got friend of friend who feeds updates on festival bookings to their pals on regular basis.
    Yeah, but the fact that Mariqueen is pregnant gives this particular one more legitimacy, as I have no doubt they would want to be home for a while before, during, and after the birth of their newest child. Can't blame them for that, either! So, even if there were at one point plans for a 2020 tour, I can definitely believe that it's since become a 2021 tour.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    I could see one off festival dates. But not a full blown tour.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    As much as I'd like to see NIN in 2020 (and this still might happen if they get into R&RHOF) this is actually kind of bittersweet because Tori Amos will be touring next year and I tend to go a little crazy there hah. Supposedly The Cure are too, so I don't really mind this getting bumped back to 2021.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    As long as we get a tour in 2022 (Year Zero)...

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    According to reddit:

NIN were booked to play Primavera Sound in Barcelona, LA and Porto next year. Fincher asked them to do his next film so they postponed and are booked for 2021.
    More details about the Gabi Ruiz interview on /r/primaverasound

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    I know that most of these festivals, you have to book them a year or so out in advance. This seems plausible.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I’m still hoping for a few one off shows. I feel like I read somewhere that he said they didn’t want to wait as long to do some shows because they were enjoying the shows so much. But I suppose we shall see.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arsenic View Post
    According to reddit:

More details about the Gabi Ruiz interview on /r/primaverasound
    here : https://www.reddit.com/r/primaveraso...uiz_wednesday/

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Time to make a new NIN album too while scoring for David Fincher,

So since this seems legit from the festival bookers mouth, I am never going to get upset again when Trent starts saying at gigs “last show in Europe ... maybe ever”

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Angels and Airwaves have announced winter tour dates. Ilan appears to be occupied from 12/4/2019 to 1/26/2020. They apparently have a new album out next year so this likely isn't the only set of dates.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    Angels and Airwaves have announced winter tour dates. Ilan appears to be occupied from 12/4/2019 to 1/26/2020. They apparently have a new album out next year so this likely isn't the only set of dates.
    Time to call in the Freese! /s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    I can't see why we'd expect them to be playing shows before September next year, at the earliest.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Yep, at this point it appears 2020 summer festival appearances have been cancelled(postponed to 2021) because of some combination of pregnancy and/or a new Fincher score. Also, they haven’t started working on new nin material yet.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    Yep, at this point it appears 2020 summer festival appearances have been cancelled(postponed to 2021) because of some combination of pregnancy and/or a new Fincher score. Also, they haven’t started working on new nin material yet.
    We only have a quote on the Fincher score and Primavera booking for festivals, isn't it ?

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StockAvuryah View Post
    We only have a quote on the Fincher score and Primavera booking for festivals, isn't it ?
    Correct. Doesn't mean they can't play a few shows stateside like in 2017. I'm just really pulling for Shaky Knees. lol.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    If NIN plays Shaky Knees this year, I will buy you a new iMac Pro for the archive.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    If NIN plays Shaky Knees this year, I will buy you a new iMac Pro for the archive.
    lmaooooo

My extra bedroom at my crib a couple blocks from there has your name on it, homie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Interesting! I've been to APE several times (went twice this year) and it's generally very well run, and the lineups are among the best in the UK. Only issue this year was that the sound for Chemical Brothers was a little sub-par.

Would be very happy if NIN had a spot there, though would want them to do some of their own shows around it.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FieldOnFire View Post
    Interesting! I've been to APE several times (went twice this year) and it's generally very well run, and the lineups are among the best in the UK. Only issue this year was that the sound for Chemical Brothers was a little sub-par.

Would be very happy if NIN had a spot there, though would want them to do some of their own shows around it.
    If they supposedly bumped their June 1-7 Primavera appearance(s) to 2021 due to scheduling conflicts, I really wouldn't count on them being at APE next year since it's only the week before that.