Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: NIN touring in 2020 ???

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    Unless festival dates pop up beforehand, I’m thinking any other string of dates would be announced around the time of the rock and roll hall of fame induction ceremony. As for festivals, maybe ACL, voodoo, and Primavera LA are possible?? I think NIN’s appearance @ Primavera LA was said to be postponed until next year but maybe that was when the thinking was all of nin’s shows were to be postponed until next year.
    ACL and Voodoo make perfect sense. I'm about 75% sure that they'll be playing at least one of those two.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Trent said they were doing shows in the latter half of the year. Well, Louder than Life in Kentucky was going to have metallica play two nights, but Metallica had to cancel due to Hettfield's on going focus on recovery. NIN was supposed to play LTL in 2018. Then it got cancelled due to weather. Gotta wonder if they'll try to book NIN to play it this year now that they have a couple headlining slots open up.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    [QUOTE=FULLMETAL;466137]I call bullshit. The HRH & The Joint are closing February 2020 for the Virgin rebranding & there's no way they're gonna start a tour without doing some warm-ups there. j/k

lololololololololololololololololol

But seriously ... you're right!!!!

It's going to be a while before they have this up and running again.
    Last edited by Damage; 03-17-2020 at 08:35 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    @chuckrh What am I missing? What's the significance of the image you posted?

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    @chuckrh What am I missing? What's the significance of the image you posted?
    i put bubonic plague art in the search engine & got that. coronavirus.....

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I hope they tour this year! Would be my first time seeing NIN.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I'm kind of glad they haven't announced any dates yet and I hope they didn't even begin to book them. Killing the tour this early would be so much easier (and cheaper) for everyone.
    Let all this panic die down and meanwhile there'll be more studio time for new NIN to ripen
    Last edited by fillow; 03-12-2020 at 10:54 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    I'm kind of glad they haven't announced any dates yet and I hope they didn't even begin to book them. Killing the tour this early would be so much easier (and cheaper) for everyone.
    Let all this panic die down and meanwhile there'll be more studio time for new NIN to ripen
    True.

At least I hope that the second half of the year will be back to normal.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_is_dead View Post
    True.

At least I hope that the second half of the year will be back to normal.
    don't think that is going to be the case. when things do settle down, there are going to be a glut of shows by people who had to postpone now. maybe it would be better if NIN wait until next year rather take any chances with their health or finances. i would love to see them sooner but trying to look at the big picture.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    This whole Coronavirus thing has made me glad they put off festivals like Primavera this year to 2021.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    don't think that is going to be the case. when things do settle down, there are going to be a glut of shows by people who had to postpone now. maybe it would be better if NIN wait until next year rather take any chances with their health or finances. i would love to see them sooner but trying to look at the big picture.
    Yeah, I think you hit the nail on the head there. At this point, I highly doubt they'll be touring this year.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    One thing that would be cool is if they did a live streaming show. Pay a bit of money to stream it, include an option for a pre-order for a digital download of the show (which would give the Powers That Be an incentive to actually release it), proceeds from the initial stream could go to help virus-related charities.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    One thing that would be cool is if they did a live streaming show. Pay a bit of money to stream it, include an option for a pre-order for a digital download of the show (which would give the Powers That Be an incentive to actually release it), proceeds from the initial stream could go to help virus-related charities.
    would be cool but you would still have a fair sized crew to make it happen which is sort of counter intuitive. maybe best is for trent & the others to stay home with their families. trent has to have a pretty much full blown studio if he wants to release any music.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    would be cool but you would still have a fair sized crew to make it happen which is sort of counter intuitive.
    I was thinking further down the road when restrictions might not be so tight. Either that, or maybe a Still-style show with minimum crew/production.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    I'm gonna second what a lot of people have said and would rather them sit 2020 out and perhaps focus any "free time" they have on working on the next album. Maybe put out another 14-15 track full length again and tour behind that sucker into next year's spring/summer?

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Stream the Tension BluRay.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Shit, at this point I would be THRILLED if my favorite artists just piddled around solo on their instruments via YouTube livestream/Facebook live/Instagram stories while we (and presumably the artists themselves) are stuck at home. It would feel very old-time radio broadcast meets modern-plague-hellscape for Trent (or any musician) to just prop their iphone up in front of their piano or guitar and play whatever they like for a bit.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Give me that "The Four of Us are Dying" livestreaming tour.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eachpassingphase View Post
    Shit, at this point I would be THRILLED if my favorite artists just piddled around solo on their instruments via YouTube livestream/Facebook live/Instagram stories while we (and presumably the artists themselves) are stuck at home. It would feel very old-time radio broadcast meets modern-plague-hellscape for Trent (or any musician) to just prop their iphone up in front of their piano or guitar and play whatever they like for a bit.
    It would be like watching the March of the Pigs video for two hours.

OK, I’m in.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    NINLIVE making isolation great again https://www.facebook.com/watch/live/...atch_permalink

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    When Nine Inch Nails do eventually return, do we forsee the shows being in a similar style as Cold and Black and Infinite? Trent mentioned bowing out of the "arms-race" of concert technology and I can't really seem them being going back into that world. I wonder if the Tension tour, as proud of it as he may have been, kind of burned him out for that kind of environment? Personally, I'm much more in to spontaneity and variety in setlist night to night vs. a rigid, visual spectacle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    When Nine Inch Nails do eventually return, do we forsee the shows being in a similar style as Cold and Black and Infinite? Trent mentioned bowing out of the "arms-race" of concert technology and I can't really seem them being going back into that world. I wonder if the Tension tour, as proud of it as he may have been, kind of burned him out for that kind of environment? Personally, I'm much more in to spontaneity and variety in setlist night to night vs. a rigid, visual spectacle.
    Well, whatever he chooses, it will be ahead of the curve. And people will most likely copy it.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I've seen amazing visuals and interactive shit, and I've seen setlists that change nightly and exciting energy. Cold and Black and Infinite was better than LITS/Tension, imo, because there was no performance rigidity. Don't get me wrong, that shit was AMAZING and an experience to remember forever. I will never say a bad thing about those shows, even when I went to two in the same market and it was the exact same setlist minus one song being omitted. But having the band set back another X ft from the stage, the interaction was with the visuals more than the audience, I much prefer the stripped down visuals.
    But I also prefer minimalist visual art in general, which I think contrasts amazingly to the complex layers of sound in his music.

I mean, no matter what the next tour looks like, I'll be at as many shows as I can afford because it's always an amazing experience.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post

I mean, no matter what the next tour looks like, I'll be at as many shows as I can afford because it's always an amazing experience.
    Same. Since 2005, I've been able to go to every virtually major US tour that NIN hosted within a given era (With Teeth Fall Tour, Lights in the Sky, "NIN|JA", Tension, Cold and Black and Infinite), but one thing I've always been unable to do was to check out more than one show per tour. With everything going on current events wise, them possibly rescheduling shows to 2021 would allow me to have a more flexible schedule and possible income I could put towards at least more than one show.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    it COULD be cool if random setlists become their "thing," you know?

But, sweet mother of god, i want another LITS.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    He should fuck with everyone: arena tour, dumbed down production, and a static greatest hits setlist. Get a washed up nu metal band from the 2000s as the opener.

Heh.

But yeah, I’d love to see something as nutty as LITS again if it’s possible. Not the “same” mind you, since we got that with Tension. Just doing something bat shit crazy that no ones done before. I’d be more than happy with another round of CABAI however.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I still like my idea from the Cold and Black and Infinite thread:
    I think it would be cool if they had a fancy screen production for like half the show because, let's face it, there are definitely a bunch of songs that never leave the set (HLAH, THTF, Hurt, Closer, and more recent tunes like Less Than, Burning Bright, Shit Mirror, Ahead of Ourselves). They could use the fancy screens for that portion of the show that remains static and then use the stripped down production of the Cold & Black & Infinite tour for the portion of the show that's always unpredictable and varies from night to night (but weave the two together so it's not awkwardly divided into two low- and high-production halves).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I don't know how popular/unpopular this opinion might be but whenever the band tours again, Capital G would cool to see played live. People may pass it off as one of those tracks that are just there in the discography, but it does have a powerful message and perhaps needs to be heard, especially live.