Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: NIN touring in 2020 ???

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    Not to go full nerd here but according to setlists.fm there were 1195 songs played during the tour and 276 (~23%) of which were from one of the 3 recent EPs with Bad Witch accounting for 136. BW was the 2nd most represented album/EP behind TDS. Given their catalog I would say yes, the CB&I tour was meant to promote the EP trilogy.
    As someone who uses statistics on a daily basis, going full nerd is welcome.
    After the release of Hesitation Marks, that album was 30% of the songs played, with TDS at 16% in 2013. In 2014 with more shows, TDS was 24%, and Hesitation Marks at 17.4%.
    If you look at other years, TDS is consistently at 20-25% of the songs played. Even in 2007 when Year Zero came out, TDS accounted for 25% and Year Zero 15%.
    In 2008, there were less shows, but Year Zero maxed out at 22.3%, with The Slip at 18%, and TDS at 16%.
    So in this context, there's always going to be a slight bias for older material.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    ...there's always going to be a slight bias for older material.
    Thank God.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buzburbank View Post
    Thank God.
    Not a fan of the EP trilogy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Not a fan of the EP trilogy?
    Generally I prefer older stuff, but my fondness does grow over time. New music has a place, but frankly it also has the potential to suck the energy out of the room depending on the set list. For what it's worth, I actually enjoyed the pacing of the 3 CBI shows I attended (2-3 trilogy songs/night) a lot more than Tension (10 HM songs). HM was only about a month old at the time, so that certainly was a factor.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Guys...I cannot CAN NOT CAN NOT buy any more show posters...

All that said: I'd hope for a longer hiatus in which new music can be released before another tour.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    An actual tour or just festival circuit?