Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: NIN touring in 2020 ???

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    Not to go full nerd here but according to setlists.fm there were 1195 songs played during the tour and 276 (~23%) of which were from one of the 3 recent EPs with Bad Witch accounting for 136. BW was the 2nd most represented album/EP behind TDS. Given their catalog I would say yes, the CB&I tour was meant to promote the EP trilogy.
    As someone who uses statistics on a daily basis, going full nerd is welcome.
    After the release of Hesitation Marks, that album was 30% of the songs played, with TDS at 16% in 2013. In 2014 with more shows, TDS was 24%, and Hesitation Marks at 17.4%.
    If you look at other years, TDS is consistently at 20-25% of the songs played. Even in 2007 when Year Zero came out, TDS accounted for 25% and Year Zero 15%.
    In 2008, there were less shows, but Year Zero maxed out at 22.3%, with The Slip at 18%, and TDS at 16%.
    So in this context, there's always going to be a slight bias for older material.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    ...there's always going to be a slight bias for older material.
    Thank God.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buzburbank View Post
    Thank God.
    Not a fan of the EP trilogy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Not a fan of the EP trilogy?
    Generally I prefer older stuff, but my fondness does grow over time. New music has a place, but frankly it also has the potential to suck the energy out of the room depending on the set list. For what it's worth, I actually enjoyed the pacing of the 3 CBI shows I attended (2-3 trilogy songs/night) a lot more than Tension (10 HM songs). HM was only about a month old at the time, so that certainly was a factor.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Guys...I cannot CAN NOT CAN NOT buy any more show posters...

All that said: I'd hope for a longer hiatus in which new music can be released before another tour.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    An actual tour or just festival circuit?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    There are rumours going around on a UK festival forum that NIN and Arcade Fire have been offered headline slots at a festival called All Points East. I may actually consider going to a UK festival again if this is true (only offers been made though, not accepted but it would mean they are ‘out there’.) Personally I hope they headline the Other Stage at Glastonbury because it gets them on the telly and would encourage new fans. The rumours are half way down the page or so
    https://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/...ge/6/#comments

The beauty of this festival is it’s in Victoria Park in London, no camping or hotel fees as we’d stay with my sister, no tedious travel arrangements, perfect.
    Last edited by WorzelG; 10-06-2019 at 03:29 AM.