Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Results 121 to 140 of 140

Thread: NIN touring in 2020 ???

  1. #121
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    920
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Yeah but I want someone to AUD this.
    Hi. I'll be there.

    Depeche and NIN are my two favorite bands. I won't be missing this.

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    302
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    Hi. I'll be there.

    Depeche and NIN are my two favorite bands. I won't be missing this.
    We’re gonna matrix the show feed with your AUD so hard

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,656
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    WHOAAHHH!... sounds kinky.

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,656
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    On a slightly less serious note, Trents interview with Rolling Stone today sounds like he’s leaning more towards another club type tour rather than arenas. Or festivals if the price is right, perhaps.

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ontari-ari-ario
    Posts
    4,137
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    On a slightly less serious note, Trents interview with Rolling Stone today sounds like he’s leaning more towards another club type tour rather than arenas. Or festivals if the price is right, perhaps.
    Um, a club tour after they play the HOF ceremony in Cleveland? No way. Smaller run of dates in larger places would be my guess... a few festivals maybe, but mostly headlining shows in the medium-sized sports arena places, perhaps with another co-headliner. Maybe now that they're back together, Bauhaus would want to do another short run with them?
    Last edited by botley; 01-15-2020 at 10:27 PM.

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    302
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    If anything, I wouldn’t be surprised to see a Cleveland secret show pop up that weekend and announced the day of, a la Webster 2017.

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,656
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Um, a club tour after they play the HOF ceremony in Cleveland? No way. Smaller run of dates in larger places would be my guess... a few festivals maybe, but mostly headlining shows in the medium-sized sports arena places, perhaps with another co-headliner. Maybe now that they're back together, Bauhaus would want to do another short run with them?
    I’m just going by his quotes In the RS interview. And not sure if being inducted immediately means more ticket sales. He and the promoter (along with what the ambition is) can figure that out. FWIW I’m hoping for a high production arena show but time will tell I guess. Or doing another club tour that includes some of the “smaller” cities would be cool.

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ontari-ari-ario
    Posts
    4,137
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tricil View Post
    If anything, I wouldn’t be surprised to see a Cleveland secret show pop up that weekend and announced the day of, a la Webster 2017.
    I'm going to say this is unlikely, given Ilan's commitment to drumming for Angels & Airwaves as well as fronting The New Regime at the Shaky Knees festival in Atlanta that same weekend. It would be quite a feat of jet-setting to pull off two shows in a different city with NIN as well. Not since Phil Collins hopped the Concorde at Live Aid...
    Last edited by botley; 01-15-2020 at 11:34 PM.

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    302
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    I'm going to say this is unlikely, given Ilan's commitment to drumming for Angels & Airwaves as well as fronting The New Regime at the Shaky Knees festival in Atlanta that same weekend, it would be quite a feat of jet-setting to pull off two shows in a different city with NIN as well.
    NIN *is* performing at the induction, this is confirmed. If Ilan is double booked, then we might have a The Joey Castillo situation on our hands. Or maybe Josh Freese is free.

  10. #130
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ontari-ari-ario
    Posts
    4,137
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I think Josh is playing with Sting that weekend. If we're bringing out Joey, let's see Mariqueen up there as well and they can rock "She's Gone Away"!

  11. #131
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    302
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    I think Josh is playing with Sting that weekend. If we're bringing out Joey, let's see Mariqueen up there as well and they can rock "She's Gone Away"!
    Will settle for Dave Grohl. Bring Homme and Lindsey Buckingham out and have a do over.

  12. #132
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ontari-ari-ario
    Posts
    4,137
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Has Lindsey performed in public since his health scare?

    EDIT: Doesn't look like it, but he is also already booked to perform that same weekend at the Beale Street Music Fest in Memphis.
    Last edited by botley; 01-16-2020 at 12:26 AM.

  13. #133
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    865
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Considering this is a celebration of NIN, they should try to look to previous drummers since Ilan might not make it. They can pull from Josh Freese, Jerome Dillon (MAYBE?) or Chris Vrenna.

    Shit dude, just use the Woodstock line up for one night only. Send some keyboards and guitars flying across the stage. It would be amazing considering the ceremony is a bunch of dinner tables and people in suits. The kinda contrast that Trent would be all about.
    Last edited by nooneimportant; 01-16-2020 at 12:37 AM.

  14. #134
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,719
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Yeah! Fuck my friends!
    They always make fun of me for going to see the same bands over and over again. They have the "I've seen them once before, so I don't need to see them again" mentality.

    Whenever they tell me that, I honestly start to feel guilty for my life choices. Maybe I am the one that's doing life wrong traveling around the world seeing the same 3 bands time and time again... but at the end of the day to quote Rage against the machine: "Fuck you. I won't do what you tell me"

    I'mma gonna keep going to see NIN and Rammstein live over and over again until the bands call it quits. Nothing gets me more excited in life than going to see live music. It is a magical experience that some people just don't get.

    With that said, bring on the 2020 NIN dates! I'm ready (but my bank account isn't, haha)

    PS: I want to go to the Rock N Roll thingy so bad. That's gonna be something special to see NIN get inducted.
    At least they maybe have seen them with you once, my friends (although i'm no longer friends mostly) only ever went with me to see bands they liked (most of whom i wasn't even into, but i went because that's what friends do) if it was a band i liked they suddenly couldn't be bothered. I've seen NIN (and a load of bands i love) several times and every time i was on my own

  15. #135
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    [RESTRICTED]
    Posts
    573
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    On a slightly less serious note, Trents interview with Rolling Stone today sounds like he’s leaning more towards another club type tour rather than arenas. Or festivals if the price is right, perhaps.
    Club Tours.... I will never forget W_T 2005 in Toronto at the Kool Haus... It was the day the tickets went on sale and I was more than prepared and ready to buy my tickets. I had done test ticket purchases and knew what I needed to do. I was the biggest NIN fan I knew and this show meant the world to me.

    Fucking tickets sold out in 0.4 seconds and I didn't get any. THANK GOD MY FRIEND SOMEHOW GOT 4!!!

  16. #136
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    302
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Has Lindsey performed in public since his health scare?

    EDIT: Doesn't look like it, but he is also already booked to perform that same weekend at the Beale Street Music Fest in Memphis.
    And the Foo Fighters are in UK that weekend.

  17. #137
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    34.167488, -118.381863
    Posts
    1,118
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    I think Josh is playing with Sting that weekend!
    Sting starts his “My Songs” tour in Philadelphia on May 1.

    If TR setup camp on the East coast to rehearse the week before, Josh could be there & then just fly over after Sting’s show.

  18. #138
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Belarus
    Posts
    3,060
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tricil View Post
    And the Foo Fighters are in UK that weekend.
    Let me guess... you confused them with the cover band Foo Fighters GB, didn't you? Don't worry, I did too. (They had a gig on May 2nd which google throws at you if you search for FF tour)

  19. #139
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    302
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Let me guess... you confused them with the cover band Foo Fighters GB, didn't you? Don't worry, I did too. (They had a gig on May 2nd which google throws at you if you search for FF tour)
    Ha. Well how about that.

  20. #140
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    3,553
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snaapz View Post
    Club Tours.... I will never forget W_T 2005 in Toronto at the Kool Haus... It was the day the tickets went on sale and I was more than prepared and ready to buy my tickets. I had done test ticket purchases and knew what I needed to do. I was the biggest NIN fan I knew and this show meant the world to me.

    Fucking tickets sold out in 0.4 seconds and I didn't get any. THANK GOD MY FRIEND SOMEHOW GOT 4!!!
    Incredible, Incredible, Incredible shows. Went to both of those. Those were my very first 2 NIN shows actually. Night 1 was INSANE. Have some incredibly fond memories of that show.
    And yeah, tickets were a bitch and a half to acquire from what I recall.

Posting Permissions