Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: NIN touring in 2020 ???

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Yeah but I want someone to AUD this.
    Hi. I'll be there.

Depeche and NIN are my two favorite bands. I won't be missing this.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    Hi. I'll be there.

Depeche and NIN are my two favorite bands. I won't be missing this.
    We’re gonna matrix the show feed with your AUD so hard

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    WHOAAHHH!... sounds kinky.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    On a slightly less serious note, Trents interview with Rolling Stone today sounds like he’s leaning more towards another club type tour rather than arenas. Or festivals if the price is right, perhaps.

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    On a slightly less serious note, Trents interview with Rolling Stone today sounds like he’s leaning more towards another club type tour rather than arenas. Or festivals if the price is right, perhaps.
    Um, a club tour after they play the HOF ceremony in Cleveland? No way. Smaller run of dates in larger places would be my guess... a few festivals maybe, but mostly headlining shows in the medium-sized sports arena places, perhaps with another co-headliner. Maybe now that they're back together, Bauhaus would want to do another short run with them?
    Last edited by botley; 01-15-2020 at 09:27 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    If anything, I wouldn’t be surprised to see a Cleveland secret show pop up that weekend and announced the day of, a la Webster 2017.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Um, a club tour after they play the HOF ceremony in Cleveland? No way. Smaller run of dates in larger places would be my guess... a few festivals maybe, but mostly headlining shows in the medium-sized sports arena places, perhaps with another co-headliner. Maybe now that they're back together, Bauhaus would want to do another short run with them?
    I’m just going by his quotes In the RS interview. And not sure if being inducted immediately means more ticket sales. He and the promoter (along with what the ambition is) can figure that out. FWIW I’m hoping for a high production arena show but time will tell I guess. Or doing another club tour that includes some of the “smaller” cities would be cool.

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tricil View Post
    If anything, I wouldn’t be surprised to see a Cleveland secret show pop up that weekend and announced the day of, a la Webster 2017.
    I'm going to say this is unlikely, given Ilan's commitment to drumming for Angels & Airwaves as well as fronting The New Regime at the Shaky Knees festival in Atlanta that same weekend. It would be quite a feat of jet-setting to pull off two shows in a different city with NIN as well. Not since Phil Collins hopped the Concorde at Live Aid...
    Last edited by botley; 01-15-2020 at 10:34 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I'm going to say this is unlikely, given Ilan's commitment to drumming for Angels & Airwaves as well as fronting The New Regime at the Shaky Knees festival in Atlanta that same weekend, it would be quite a feat of jet-setting to pull off two shows in a different city with NIN as well.
    NIN *is* performing at the induction, this is confirmed. If Ilan is double booked, then we might have a The Joey Castillo situation on our hands. Or maybe Josh Freese is free.

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    I think Josh is playing with Sting that weekend. If we're bringing out Joey, let's see Mariqueen up there as well and they can rock "She's Gone Away"!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I think Josh is playing with Sting that weekend. If we're bringing out Joey, let's see Mariqueen up there as well and they can rock "She's Gone Away"!
    Will settle for Dave Grohl. Bring Homme and Lindsey Buckingham out and have a do over.

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Has Lindsey performed in public since his health scare?

EDIT: Doesn't look like it, but he is also already booked to perform that same weekend at the Beale Street Music Fest in Memphis.
    Last edited by botley; 01-15-2020 at 11:26 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Considering this is a celebration of NIN, they should try to look to previous drummers since Ilan might not make it. They can pull from Josh Freese, Jerome Dillon (MAYBE?) or Chris Vrenna.

Shit dude, just use the Woodstock line up for one night only. Send some keyboards and guitars flying across the stage. It would be amazing considering the ceremony is a bunch of dinner tables and people in suits. The kinda contrast that Trent would be all about.
    Last edited by nooneimportant; 01-15-2020 at 11:37 PM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Yeah! Fuck my friends!
    They always make fun of me for going to see the same bands over and over again. They have the "I've seen them once before, so I don't need to see them again" mentality.

Whenever they tell me that, I honestly start to feel guilty for my life choices. Maybe I am the one that's doing life wrong traveling around the world seeing the same 3 bands time and time again... but at the end of the day to quote Rage against the machine: "Fuck you. I won't do what you tell me"

I'mma gonna keep going to see NIN and Rammstein live over and over again until the bands call it quits. Nothing gets me more excited in life than going to see live music. It is a magical experience that some people just don't get.

With that said, bring on the 2020 NIN dates! I'm ready (but my bank account isn't, haha)

PS: I want to go to the Rock N Roll thingy so bad. That's gonna be something special to see NIN get inducted.
    At least they maybe have seen them with you once, my friends (although i'm no longer friends mostly) only ever went with me to see bands they liked (most of whom i wasn't even into, but i went because that's what friends do) if it was a band i liked they suddenly couldn't be bothered. I've seen NIN (and a load of bands i love) several times and every time i was on my own

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Club Tours.... I will never forget W_T 2005 in Toronto at the Kool Haus... It was the day the tickets went on sale and I was more than prepared and ready to buy my tickets. I had done test ticket purchases and knew what I needed to do. I was the biggest NIN fan I knew and this show meant the world to me.

Fucking tickets sold out in 0.4 seconds and I didn't get any. THANK GOD MY FRIEND SOMEHOW GOT 4!!!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Has Lindsey performed in public since his health scare?

EDIT: Doesn't look like it, but he is also already booked to perform that same weekend at the Beale Street Music Fest in Memphis.
    And the Foo Fighters are in UK that weekend.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I think Josh is playing with Sting that weekend!
    Sting starts his “My Songs” tour in Philadelphia on May 1.

If TR setup camp on the East coast to rehearse the week before, Josh could be there & then just fly over after Sting’s show.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tricil View Post
    And the Foo Fighters are in UK that weekend.
    Let me guess... you confused them with the cover band Foo Fighters GB, didn't you? Don't worry, I did too. (They had a gig on May 2nd which google throws at you if you search for FF tour)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Let me guess... you confused them with the cover band Foo Fighters GB, didn't you? Don't worry, I did too. (They had a gig on May 2nd which google throws at you if you search for FF tour)
    Ha. Well how about that.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snaapz View Post
    Club Tours.... I will never forget W_T 2005 in Toronto at the Kool Haus... It was the day the tickets went on sale and I was more than prepared and ready to buy my tickets. I had done test ticket purchases and knew what I needed to do. I was the biggest NIN fan I knew and this show meant the world to me.

Fucking tickets sold out in 0.4 seconds and I didn't get any. THANK GOD MY FRIEND SOMEHOW GOT 4!!!
    Incredible, Incredible, Incredible shows. Went to both of those. Those were my very first 2 NIN shows actually. Night 1 was INSANE. Have some incredibly fond memories of that show.
    And yeah, tickets were a bitch and a half to acquire from what I recall.

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Incredible, Incredible, Incredible shows. Went to both of those. Those were my very first 2 NIN shows actually. Night 1 was INSANE. Have some incredibly fond memories of that show.
    And yeah, tickets were a bitch and a half to acquire from what I recall.
    I only got one ticket for night one and had to resort to sneaking in to see night two. So glad I did, or I would've missed TR's fucking EPIC stage dive at the end of "Piggy"! Great times
    Last edited by botley; 01-22-2020 at 03:30 PM.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I only got one ticket for night one and had to resort to sneaking in to see night two. So glad I did, or I would've missed TR's fucking EPIC stage dive at the end of "Piggy"! Great times
    Hahaha, what! How on earth did you manage to sneak in?
    Mad props to you sir.

But yes, that stage dive was epic. I was front row for night 1 and hanged at the back for night 2. Wish I was in the crowd for that stage dive now, haha.

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Back then, I was getting casual work to help pay my way through university as a security guard at concerts. It just so happened that the agency I worked with at the time was contracted for these shows. So, after getting an amazing earload on night one, I walked into the venue wearing my uniform before the doors opened on night two, went to the restroom and... took it off! I also decided to hang back on night two because I manged to snag one of those lithographs with the red, silver, and black print. Both shows were sweaty and amazing, but the combination of intense setlist and the anticipation for NIN's return (it had been five whole years since Fragility 2.0, after all) made that first night the most memorable.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Back then, I was getting casual work to help pay my way through university as a security guard at concerts. It just so happened that the agency I worked with at the time was contracted for these shows. So, after getting an amazing earload on night one, I walked into the venue wearing my uniform before the doors opened on night two, went to the restroom and... took it off! I also decided to hang back on night two because I manged to snag one of those lithographs with the red, silver, and black print. Both shows were sweaty and amazing, but the combination of intense setlist and the anticipation for NIN's return (it had been five whole years since Fragility 2.0, after all) made that first night the most memorable.
    Fucking well played! *doffs hat*

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snaapz View Post

Koolhaus show was the best NIN show I've ever been to. It was so hype that Trent attempted stage dive and failed lol. The roof was dripping from moisture, Trent even threw the mic to the crowd so we can sing HLAH. He also did the same for Suck. I met Aaron North at the end of the show, he was super chill.

The QOTSA/NIN tour was also super intense. I freaking fell in love with Aaron North that night. So glad I recorded some footage from that show.

Look at this beautiful man:

Last edited by shagg_187; 01-23-2020 at 10:43 AM.

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shagg_187 View Post
    Koolhaus show was the best NIN show I've ever been to. It was so hype that Trent attempted stage dive and failed lol.
    I saw him go up, but I was NOT up close enough to see how he landed, hahaa! It was a REAL leap, though, he got a friggin' running start from back up against the back-line LED towers, before jumping out into the front row! Totally fucking punk rock.

Quote Originally Posted by shagg_187 View Post
    Yes, nice call on coming back for the November arena show, I remember that being equally impressive!

Roy Bennett designed all their stages on that With Teeth tour, I believe, all the different LED backdrops including the ampitheatre rig from Summer 2006 that came down like a cage full of pinpoint lights (but from far back on the lawn section it looked like a sick low-res screen when the stage lights were low and smoke was pouring out from the wings). "Help Me I am in Hell" from Beside You In Time is a good showcase for that.

Hope some element of video production comes back, it felt strange not to have any (except for the cool black-and-white handheld camera feed) in 2018.
    Last edited by botley; 01-24-2020 at 02:31 PM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Did this with a friends Mrs. Fields Cookies shirt at PNC Bank Arts Center for Iron Maiden many years ago.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    https://deadline.com/2020/02/sxsw-damon-lindelof-trent-reznor-lulu-wang-janelle-monae-keynote-speakers-south-by-southwest-1202857364/

Maybe not the most appropriate place for this, if it's not already mentioned somewhere here, but Trent & Atticus will be keynote speakers at SXSW sometime between March 13-22, discussing their involvement with Watchmen along with Damon Lindelof.

*edit - of course already in the Watchmen thread lol

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    All these spring/summer/fall tours being announced in recent weeks, yet no NIN. Le sigh.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Unless festival dates pop up beforehand, I’m thinking any other string of dates would be announced around the time of the rock and roll hall of fame induction ceremony. As for festivals, maybe ACL, voodoo, and Primavera LA are possible?? I think NIN’s appearance @ Primavera LA was said to be postponed until next year but maybe that was when the thinking was all of nin’s shows were to be postponed until next year.