Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN touring in 2020 ???

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    The Armory IS excellent and that's a great idea. I've seen APC, Alice in Chains, Mastodon, and Ghost there and all of them were fantastic. It hadn't occured to me that they could play there, but you're right, that might be an option. However, at 8,400, its capacity is considerably smaller than that of XCEL or Target Center (20,554 and 19,356 respectively), so they'd either have to play two shows back to back, or tickets would be scarce and sell out quickly (I feel the latter is far more likely). I'd LOVE to see NIN there, though!
    8,400 is a rather big venue- probably bigger than just about any venue they played in 2018, not counting festivals obviously.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    8,400 is a rather big venue- probably bigger than just about any venue they played in 2018, not counting festivals obviously.
    Right, BUT they played 2 or 3 nights at almost every venue in 2018 (6 for the Palladium!), which is an important distinction to make.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Right, BUT they played 2 or 3 nights at almost every venue in 2018 (6 for the Palladium!), which is an important distinction to make.
    Oh for sure, I get that- but it was also all the largest markets in the US. Not like they were going to Tulsa then Omaha then Milwaukee then Grand Rapids, etc. If NIN does an arena tour (for some reason I doubt he’ll go that direction), I’m curious to find out how well it sells. Tension seemed like a mixed bag as far as ticket sales go.

We shall see. I’ll be excited as long as it’s not a festival tour.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    We shall see. I’ll be excited as long as it’s not a festival tour.
    When was the last time Trent went out on tour without being funded by festival money? NINJA/WG?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    The Armory IS excellent and that's a great idea. I've seen APC, Alice in Chains, Mastodon, and Ghost there and all of them were fantastic. It hadn't occured to me that they could play there, but you're right, that might be an option. However, at 8,400, its capacity is considerably smaller than that of XCEL or Target Center (20,554 and 19,356 respectively), so they'd either have to play two shows back to back, or tickets would be scarce and sell out quickly (I feel the latter is far more likely). I'd LOVE to see NIN there, though!
    I saw APC at Armory in Nov 2018 and my first time there. The venue was really cool, and I think it'd be a great one for NIN. HOWEVER, Xcel let people go inside the doors early in the morning, which was really nice, even though it was end of September and not cold yet. The Armory doesn't seem to have any space for that, so my guess is there is no way anyone would get inside early. This is a comfort of life factor for anyone wanting to be on the rail. I think I'd end up terribly cold for a really long time period if NIN would come on a really super cold and snowy day, you know like mid April or early November (tiny bit of sarcasm there with the dates, sort of).

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post
    When was the last time Trent went out on tour without being funded by festival money? NINJA/WG?
    Cold and Black And Infinite late 2018, no? Before that I think was NIN/Soundgarden in 2014. With so many festivals these days I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s one here and there during the tour. It would just suck if it was similar to 2017 and summer 2013 where it was almost strictly festivals.

Not hating on musicians making cash- and there’s a lot to be made to be a headliner- it’s just a shitty fan experience IMO. Shortened setlists, dumbed down production (typically), and have to deal with large crowds which is a pain in the ass.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Cold and Black And Infinite late 2018, no? Before that I think was NIN/Soundgarden in 2014.
    I would make the argument that the CBI run was paid for by the 2017 festival run and the 2018 EU festival run. But fair point.

Not hating on musicians making cash- and there’s a lot to be made to be a headliner- it’s just a shitty fan experience IMO. Shortened setlists, dumbed down production (typically), and have to deal with large crowds which is a pain in the ass.

Preaching to the choir!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post
    I would make the argument that the CBI run was paid for by the 2017 festival run and the 2018 EU festival run. But fair point.

[/COLOR][/INDENT]

[/COLOR]
    Preaching to the choir!
    CBI was funded on the day we all stood in line together

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tricil View Post
    CBI was funded on the day we all stood in line together
    So it was funded in foot pain, back pain & lost sleep?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    So it was funded in foot pain, back pain & lost sleep?
    Isn’t everything?

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tricil View Post
    Isn’t everything?
    No. He funded Tapeworm with our tears.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I don’t live there but I felt sad for everyone who is a Canadian fan that they didn’t tour there last time. Is it expected that Canadians can easily get to somewhere in the North of the USA?
    Thanks for the kind thoughts <3

From Montreal, if I really had to, in a pinch I could manage Boston, NYC, Buffalo, or Detroit. Might be doing NYC for Bauhaus later this year. But those are still long-ass trips, especially when one is bussing it like I am. Hell, I've come to Toronto to see bands more times than I can count, and that's still six hours.

And I'm lucky to be on the East coast!

I was completely blindsided when there wound up being no Canadian dates for the CBI tour. I kept expecting Toronto to show up but no dice. Think I remember reading that there were logistics problems or a conflict with the physical world presale and ticket providers up here. *Shrug*

Still bitter. The EP trilogy is my favorite NIN work in a long, long time.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Got second place in my fantasy football league (won 200 dollars instead of 950 womp womp), and I am setting the winnings aside for any possible NIN date that I can feasibly travel to if there isn't one near me. CANT WAIT.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    Thanks for the kind thoughts <3

From Montreal, if I really had to, in a pinch I could manage Boston, NYC, Buffalo, or Detroit. Might be doing NYC for Bauhaus later this year. But those are still long-ass trips, especially when one is bussing it like I am. Hell, I've come to Toronto to see bands more times than I can count, and that's still six hours.

And I'm lucky to be on the East coast!

I was completely blindsided when there wound up being no Canadian dates for the CBI tour. I kept expecting Toronto to show up but no dice. Think I remember reading that there were logistics problems or a conflict with the physical world presale and ticket providers up here. *Shrug*

Still bitter. The EP trilogy is my favorite NIN work in a long, long time.
    Up until last year, I was in a similar but swapped boat. I lived in western NY and regularly had to go to Canada to see NIN since Toronto was closer than other cities they stopped in (no Buffalo show since 99). I was also really shocked, was it the first touring cycle since they started playing internationally that there was no show in Ontario?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    Up until last year, I was in a similar but swapped boat. I lived in western NY and regularly had to go to Canada to see NIN since Toronto was closer than other cities they stopped in (no Buffalo show since 99). I was also really shocked, was it the first touring cycle since they started playing internationally that there was no show in Ontario?
    It was, yes. And they hit Mexico City for two dates on CBI. The complete absence of Canadian dates is really conspicuous. Something definitely happened.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    If nothing else this year, there's at least this!

May 2 - Cleveland, OH - Public Auditorium (Rock & Roll HOF 2020 Ceremony)

Trent confirmed they're performing. Plan is for more shows towards the end of the year as well

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post

Trent confirmed they're performing. Plan is for more shows towards the end of the year as well
    Fingers crossed for MOTP performed in a tuxedo.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I can't express how badly i want to see NIN live for the 10th time! Just needed to get that out there.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    I can't express how badly i want to see NIN live for the 10th time! Just needed to get that out there.
    I echo your sentiment and the next time I see them will also be my 10th time! Here's hoping it happens in 2020...

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    I wish they decide to do some visuals too...
    NIN and visuals is inseparable

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Somebody please tape, and Mepeche Dode too. Thanks.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Somebody please tape, and Mepeche Dode too. Thanks.
    It will be live streamed on HBO this year, so pro shot will be immediately, extremely widely available

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    you know what would be cool? If NIN announced a show in Cleveland for the night before or night after.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by witte View Post
    I wish they decide to do some visuals too...
    NIN and visuals is inseparable
    all strobes pointed directly at the audience.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Fingers crossed for MOTP performed in a tuxedo.
    Covenant vibes.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    Yeah! Fuck my friends!
    They always make fun of me for going to see the same bands over and over again. They have the "I've seen them once before, so I don't need to see them again" mentality.

Whenever they tell me that, I honestly start to feel guilty for my life choices. Maybe I am the one that's doing life wrong traveling around the world seeing the same 3 bands time and time again... but at the end of the day to quote Rage against the machine: "Fuck you. I won't do what you tell me"

I'mma gonna keep going to see NIN and Rammstein live over and over again until the bands call it quits. Nothing gets me more excited in life than going to see live music. It is a magical experience that some people just don't get.

With that said, bring on the 2020 NIN dates! I'm ready (but my bank account isn't, haha)

PS: I want to go to the Rock N Roll thingy so bad. That's gonna be something special to see NIN get inducted.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Yeah! Fuck my friends!
    They always make fun of me for going to see the same bands over and over again. They have the "I've seen them once before, so I don't need to see them again" mentality.

Whenever they tell me that, I honestly start to feel guilty for my life choices. Maybe I am the one that's doing life wrong traveling around the world seeing the same 3 bands time and time again... but at the end of the day to quote Rage against the machine: "Fuck you. I won't do what you tell me"

I'mma gonna keep going to see NIN and Rammstein live over and over again until the bands call it quits. Nothing gets me more excited in life than going to see live music. It is a magical experience that some people just don't get.

With that said, bring on the 2020 NIN dates! I'm ready (but my bank account isn't, haha)

PS: I want to go to the Rock N Roll thingy so bad. That's gonna be something special to see NIN get inducted.
    I can relate to this quite a bit. Most of my friends don't care for my favorite bands (except for my friends that decided to move out to the west coast), so I end up dragging my wife to a lot of shows she'd rather skip or going with co-workers (which means I'm behaving myself). Most of my close friends are also of the mentality that you only need to see a band a couple of times. Even my best friend, whose favorite band is Metallica, says that he doesn't feel the need to see them ever again (he's seen them 5 times, 4 of them with me). Meanwhile, I saw Atmosphere for my 10th time last night and I'll most likely be seeing NIN for my 10th time later this year (plus I've seen Prof 9x, Cake 8x, Tool 7x, Weezer 7x, APC 6x, Ghost 5x, Tom Petty 4x, Cloud CultQotSA 3x, Smashing Pumpkins 3x, Alice in Chains 3x, Ben Folds 3x...).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    How hard is to get tix to the RRHF cemoney? Has any one here been?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    It will be live streamed on HBO this year, so pro shot will be immediately, extremely widely available
    Yeah but I want someone to AUD this.