Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Tool: Fear Inoculum

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    This is exactly what I wanted 10,000 Days to be.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    A
    Tem
    pest
    must
    be
    just
    that!

*Rocking out*

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Every song keeps topping the other...Invincible and Descending are fucking massive.

Edit: Danny went to fucking town on this album, so hats off to him.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 08-25-2019 at 04:12 PM.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Every song keeps topping the other...Invincible and Descending are fucking massive.

Edit: Danny went to fucking town on this album, so hats off to him.
    I read a review that basically stated that Danny’s drums were the forefront of the album and I think that’s accurate. I’d say at this point, other than 7empest, Maynard’s Vox are almost another instrument but not at the forefront like they have been in the past. Not sure if that makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    So for those of us that legitimately enjoy the entire catalog but found the title track to be boring...how does the rest of the album compare?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    So for those of us that legitimately enjoy the entire catalog but found the title track to be boring...how does the rest of the album compare?
    I’d say the title track fits in nicely, but that the rest of the album is better.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsChrisRoss View Post
    I read a review that basically stated that Danny’s drums were the forefront of the album and I think that’s accurate. I’d say at this point, other than 7empest, Maynard’s Vox are almost another instrument but not at the forefront like they have been in the past. Not sure if that makes sense.

Totally does. Even when the vocals are not present for a good 8 minutes, they come back at the perfect time; it's like a nice little surprise from focusing so much on the music.

Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente
    The title track is like a warm-me-up for the rest of the album. Culling Voices I would put above it, and I found that to meander on a bit. Need to hear those other tracks.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 08-25-2019 at 04:29 PM.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I feel like I missed an exciting story and now I'm hearing it was pulled from Reddit. Can I get a recap? Not interested in the album at all, just whatever the drama was that happened in the last 12 hours or whenever it was.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    I just loaded the album up for a full spin and found myself skipping the title track 7 mins in. I tried so hard to get through it, but it's easily one of the weaker tracks.
    Glad they put it first, so I can skip it every time, lol.
    Bad choice for a lead single, compared to the other tracks, IMO.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    I feel like I missed an exciting story and now I'm hearing it was pulled from Reddit. Can I get a recap? Not interested in the album at all, just whatever the drama was that happened in the last 12 hours or whenever it was.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO motherfucking 7EMPEST THO!!!!!!!!!

Jesus fucking christ, it's like ol' Cousin Eddie says: It's just the gift that keeps on giving all year 'round.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    The song lengths feel like bloat. Also I feel like Chocolate Chip Trip is a complete throwaway track.

The title track, Pneuma and 7empest are only songs that stand out. Maybe it'll grow on me but it's far from their best work to me.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I hope the band is not too upset about the leak. I would guess a leak would have been somewhat expected.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Since I don't have any way to hear it, I've resorted to these Italian guys livestreaming it on youtube and discussing it lol

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinspots View Post
    I hope the band is not too upset about the leak. I would guess a leak would have been somewhat expected.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    I'm sure they're quite thrilled with all the sold out pre-orders for the CD. I'm sure streaming on Friday will be quite successful, too.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I feel like Chocolate Chip Trip is a complete throwaway track.
    I really thought they were going to take it home with one repetitive beat, but they proved me wrong. However, this track completely takes away the immersion from the album.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    CCTrip is a segue. The (only?) one on the CD version. I'm waiting until I have the version with all the segues before I listen.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    As a drummer, I fully appreciate CCTrip. Shit is fun as hell.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    This is what 10,000 days should have been. Tool has never sounded more like Tool, but I really like it.
    Last edited by Rdm; 08-25-2019 at 07:39 PM.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    CCTrip a segue? It’s a near 5 minute “instrumental”- instrumental being a Danny solo and synths. I think it’s pretty damn good and not weird, and sounds nothing like NIN which one reviewer stated.

Just getting into 7empest now. Mixed feelings so far. Danny shines in a lot of parts though. Legacy cemented, if it hasn’t already been.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    CCT just... doesn't really fit. It sticks out. I like the weirdness of it, it's certainly unique, but it does sort of disrupt the flow a little.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    CCT just... doesn't really fit. It sticks out. I like the weirdness of it, it's certainly unique, but it does sort of disrupt the flow a little.
    Thats gonna happen when so many of the songs have a similar structure to them though, which FI definitely has.

Pleasant surprise was Descending. Didn’t care for it when I heard it live but sounds like a different song on the album. Just had a different vibe right now. Thumbs up to that.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Culling Voices so far has my top spot. This is probably the most vocally interesting song on the album for me.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Was not aware that the tracks not included in this leak are all instrumentals, with Mockingbeat being just a bunch of animal noises apparently... true Tool fashion.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    I was holding off but the "Lateralus follow-up" comments made me curious, so I snagged it from Kingdom Leaks. Upon first listen through: it's a stronger offering than 10,000 Days, but it also feels like I just had cake for both lunch and dinner. Each of the songs are high-calorie Tool, and it's a lot to take in one sitting. It's definitely better than I was expecting, happily.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    Does anyone know where we can buy this still? That unboxing video did it for me. Maybe they'll release more when the manufacturing production is worked out?
    A real life brick and mortar record store. In Atlanta, Criminal Records said they’d have a few. No preordering. First come first serve.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    If you still haven't heard the album leak or you're waiting for release day - get ready, strap in, and look alive, because this is a big kid rollercoaster.

The album is something else... Call me much more than just satisfied.

I first listened to it in the dark, lying on my back in bed (with a sleeping mask on), earbuds in, and h-o-l-y h-e-l-l...was that ultimately exhausting.

There's no way I could go right back in for an immediate second listen, and that was a coolass realization.

I almost cried during some part of "Descending"...possibly the big guitar solo (But which big guitar solo?). I loved seeing it in live footage, and hearing it now like this confirms that it is absolutely one of their best songs ever.

"Pneuma" is my current favorite. Big mood.

"Chocolate Chip Trip" is so much cooler than I figured it'd be, based on early descriptions. That shit was radical. *Somehow*, I think it does work well for the album.

Danny is at fucking Next Level throughout the whole record. It’s madness. No previous album can compare in this aspect; he plays on here quite a lot like he’s been playing all the live shows in the last 13 years: with more and more and more flair. It’s all come to this. Masterful.

I am of course really looking forward to the other 3 "filler" pieces.

Come Friday, I'm going wherever I gotta to happily throw down 40 bones for this.
    Last edited by Amaro; 08-26-2019 at 08:07 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I can't get over how good Pneuma is. Totally peak Tool, and that ending with the lyrics...goddamn.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    On my 4th or 5th full listen now... I would say this is on the same level as 10,000 Days for me. Doesn't quite reach the highs of Lateralus or Aenima but it certainly tries. Solid record. Favorites are Invincible (holy shit! so many goosebump moments in this song!) and 7empest (Undertow fans should be happy with this one!). The only weak spot is Culling Voices. Maybe it's a grower. Pneuma was. I felt it was too similar to Fear Inoculum but then it clicked on my 2nd or 3rd time through. I'm hoping the bonus interludes don't ruin the pacing and instead enhance what's already there. The boys pulled it off and that's all that matters to me. I had my doubts after that last APC record. Everyone came with their 'A' game. I knew Danny and Justin would deliver but can we talk about Adam? He's doing a lot of cool shit on this album! I also like that Maynard takes more of a backseat and let's the rest of the band shine. Seems like he deliberately restrained from putting too many vocals over the music and isn't trying to step on anyone's toes. He shows up when he's needed and let's each member have their space. Hopefully we don't have to wait 13 fucking years for the next one!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinspots View Post
    Leaks are inevitable and just a fact of life these days and have been for years. They should have expected it because there was no way it wasn't going to leak.

Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    ...it also feels like I just had cake for both lunch and dinner. Each of the songs are high-calorie Tool, and it's a lot to take in one sitting.
    That's a great way to describe it!