Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Soul (2020)

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nmitchell86 View Post
    Anyone think this will get a null# ?
    Internally, yes, but on the release itself, no, since it’s a Walt Disney Records release. Same situation as Gone Girl.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    Internally, yes, but on the release itself, no, since it’s a Walt Disney Records release. Same situation as Gone Girl.
    What was GG’s internal Null number?

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    What was GG’s internal Null number?
    Null 03

https://www.nin.wiki/Null_numbers

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    This is kind of unrelated to Soul, but I feel like Halo/Null numbers just don't matter all that much any more. With a bunch of soundtracks not being physically released at all, and how physical singles basically don't exist, all the number's really good for in either case is counting upwards. Feels like the days of 10v2 or 8 DE are long gone.

Then again, I guess we did just get 09 Extended literally last year.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gorast View Post
    This is kind of unrelated to Soul, but I feel like Halo/Null numbers just don't matter all that much any more. With a bunch of soundtracks not being physically released at all, and how physical singles basically don't exist, all the number's really good for in either case is counting upwards. Feels like the days of 10v2 or 8 DE are long gone.

Then again, I guess we did just get 09 Extended literally last year.
    And 0.5 a few weeks ago.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Amazon.ca $19.51 up for preorder
    Soul Original Score (Vinyl) https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B08KJPR4X2/..._G-4QFbR4FY0KS

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Target in the U.S. currently has the following LPs on sale: All 3 Watchmen LPs, With Teeth, Deviations (under $64), Downward Spiral, Pretty Hate Machine, Bad Witch, Not the Actual Events, Social Network, Soul, and Quake LPs. The prices are already priced as low as you can find, PLUS they are buy 2, get 1 free and free shipping. You are NOT going to find a cheaper deal in the U.S. if you are looking for any of these on vinyl. And I've always received my LPs MINT.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    That just makes me hella jealous of the rage inducing prices we suffer in the UK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I received an email today from Disney+ that "Soul" is coming out on December 25. Perhaps this is a sign of something to be announced on the NIN channels soon.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Reviews are coming in and it's getting praised to high heaven, including the music!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    On Thursday there will be a Variety virtual discussion about Soul and Mank that can be signed up for for free

https://ev10.perigonlive.com/1-evt48...b097dbc2dc7218

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I'm more excited for this than Mank, hands down.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Found a listing for Soul that is a CD which includes the score by TRAR plus songs by Jon Batiste - so it is just vinyl where the music is separated? Because from what I read about the film, some of the best bits musically come from the different sounds merging so it seems weird to keep them separate?

https://www.normanrecords.com/record...original-score

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just got an email about the Soul vinyl, limited to 500 copies, for Disney Visa cardholders if anyone has that Visa card on Disney Music Emporium.

update: in reading the fine print, it may just be limited to 500 copies for Disney Visa cardholders, not in total.
    Last edited by charleswise; 12-03-2020 at 12:34 PM.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Trent is actually releasing a score on CD?????? This is groundbreaking

Probably a misprint. I haven't seen a CD listing anywhere else
    Last edited by Helpmeiaminhell (is now in hell); 12-03-2020 at 03:54 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Trent is actually releasing a score on CD?????? This is groundbreaking

Probably a misprint. I haven't seen a CD listing anywhere else
    It’s Disney though, I’m sure they can overrule Trents vinyl obsession if anyone can

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    It’s Disney though
    I'm sure that's exactly why it's getting a CD release.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nmitchell86 View Post
    Relevant information with formatting fixes:

The soundtrack released on December 18th will feature a score by Oscar®-winners Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross.
    A separate 'Music From And Inspired By Soul' features jazz compositions by GRAMMY® nominee Jon Batiste.

The CD version combines the score by Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross, the Music of Jon Batiste, and features a duet performance of the 1960'S SOUL classic ""It's All Right"" (Originally By The Impressions) by Celeste and Batiste.

Jon Batiste, Music From… - this is just music performed by Jon Batistie
    Soul Original Score is just the score performed by Trent and Atticus
    Soul 1CD is the two above combined as one, plus an added duet by Jon Batiste/Celeste of the track 'Its All Right'.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    Relevant information with formatting fixes:

The soundtrack released on December 18th will feature a score by Oscar®-winners Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross.
    A separate 'Music From And Inspired By Soul' features jazz compositions by GRAMMY® nominee Jon Batiste.

The CD version combines the score by Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross, the Music of Jon Batiste, and features a duet performance of the 1960'S SOUL classic ""It's All Right"" (Originally By The Impressions) by Celeste and Batiste.

Jon Batiste, Music From… - this is just music performed by Jon Batistie
    Soul Original Score is just the score performed by Trent and Atticus
    Soul 1CD is the two above combined as one, plus an added duet by Jon Batiste/Celeste of the track 'Its All Right'.
    Getting the CD seems like an absolute no-brainer for me, I just asked Amazon to email when it comes into stock

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I'm not a fan of the artwork this time. It looks absolutely low-effort. And what does f.p.o. mean? Is this the final thing?

https://www.amazon.com/Soul-Original.../dp/B08KJPR4X2

If that's it I hope the CD compilation will have a different layout.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SchwarzerAbt View Post
    I'm not a fan of the artwork this time. It looks absolutely low-effort. And what does f.p.o. mean? Is this the final thing?

https://www.amazon.com/Soul-Original.../dp/B08KJPR4X2

If that's it I hope the CD compilation will have a different layout.
    It’s placeholder art, though I wouldn’t get my hopes up for the final art being that much better.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SchwarzerAbt View Post
    And what does f.p.o. mean? Is this the final thing?
    Stands for "For Position Only". @gorast is right, it's used in the graphic design industry when final art either isn't ready or (sometimes) contains spoilers, etc.

It’s placeholder art, though I wouldn’t get my hopes up for the final art being that much better.
    The art is decent but nothing mind blowing. Someone posted a link to a Disney soundtrack store but the page was removed. The cover was somewhat sparse but tasteful and IIRC a variation of this image is used on the inner gatefold:

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    Stands for "For Position Only". @gorast is right, it's used in the graphic design industry when final art either isn't ready or (sometimes) contains spoilers, etc.
    As a designer, I can confirm. I've slapped "FPO" on more things than I could count. I'm sure the final artwork will be much more interesting.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Doesn't sound like its a 2 CD set. They are going to fit TR/ARs COMPLETE score AND the Batiste score on the same disc? Or is this more of a comp and they will be cutting out some of TR/ARs songs

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Doesn't sound like its a 2 CD set. They are going to fit TR/ARs COMPLETE score AND the Batiste score on the same disc? Or is this more of a comp and they will be cutting out some of TR/ARs songs
    It sounds like the CD will contain the complete contents of both the score and the Batiste music (both vinyls), plus a bonus duet song.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Just got an email from Amazon that the updated delivery date for the Soul vinyl will be ON the release date, December 18th. Not mad at that

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    The Batiste Soul record's artwork is good. I can't imagine the Trent artwork being any worse. I pre-ordered both records, and now waiting on the CD to become available......

https://www.disneymusicemporium.com/...cp=81712_82104

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by atomobile View Post
    The Batiste Soul record's artwork is good. I can't imagine the Trent artwork being any worse. I pre-ordered both records, and now waiting on the CD to become available......

https://www.disneymusicemporium.com/...cp=81712_82104
    If you take the URL of the Batiste artwork and swap the catalog numbers (TR+AR XVLP138 and Batiste is XVLP139) you get the artwork:
    XVLP138.jpg
    Personally I think the contrasting artwork themes of each is quite nice when viewed as a set, each representing their respective...space.
    Last edited by cdm; 12-08-2020 at 09:02 PM.