Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: The Matrix

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Is it weird that I want to see this?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I want to see it just to see if they use any of the Spider-Man tech for the wire-fu, should be cool.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)

This guy def explains fairly well how much the meta shit was so bothersome to me in Resurrections, as well as the crappy action scenes.

Didn't really touch on the score or anything because that was subpar as well IMO.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    I agree with the action scenes, for some reason they were badly directed and had no impact.

Concerning the meta stuff, I actually took it in stride. I'm really not a fan of the previous sequels and the first one is definitely a pre-millenium movie and it shows. So I kinda liked that this one didn't really pretend to be an actual continuation, just a story after the story. Sort of a send-off DLC to the trilogy. Once I got what they were doing I was totally okay with it. I prefer a meta commentary rather than a failed attempt at past glory.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    just to get some love in for matrix resurrections in this thread, which i think is a perfect fucking movie, here's some of the stuff i wrote right after seeing it.

things i loved about the matrix resurrections - a fun, quick, easy read. oh and thoughts on the movie aside, i fucking *love* this score, a perfect mix of cloud atlas/sense8 and the original matrix. and the second disc is a fucking fantastic set of club remixes of the score, making up for the one thing that was missing in resurrections -- another rave scene.

the matrix revisisted - a love letter to the whole series and what it's meant to me for over 20 years. this is long, unhinged, and personal. don't read this one... (unless the matrix lives forever in your brain like it does in mine)

the themes and imagery of suicidal ideation running through this film, and the clear and wonderfully portrayed depictions of depression when you aren't living as your true self that keanu and carrie-anne captured perfectly in their performances... they're going to stay with me for a long time. and may have had even MORE of an impact on me than the first matrix way back when.

good flick.
    Last edited by howdidislipinto; 11-06-2022 at 05:25 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howdidislipinto View Post
    i fucking *love* this score, a perfect mix of cloud atlas/sense8 and the original matrix. and the second disc is a fucking fantastic set of club remixes of the score, making up for the one thing that was missing in resurrections -- another rave scene.
    This encouraged me to listen to the remixes and there's actually a couple of playlist worthy tracks on that disc! I wouldn't mind hearing most of the rest of the tracks in the club either. The names of some of those remixers sound familiar. Aren't those DJs from Berghain?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stankeybearlover View Post
    This encouraged me to listen to the remixes and there's actually a couple of playlist worthy tracks on that disc! I wouldn't mind hearing most of the rest of the tracks in the club either. The names of some of those remixers sound familiar. Aren't those DJs from Berghain?
    you are correct!! i wish the remix disc didn't fly so far under the radar last year, i think it's pretty damn excellent. but yeah the only real write-up i ever saw of it or information i found was on mondo's site because they put the vinyl out...

https://mondoshop.com/products/the-m...e-remixes-2xlp

"Further, Lana Wachowski lives in Berlin and is connected to many DJs, remixers, producers and personalities deeply involved and associated with the underground electronic music scene - some of them for more than 30 years - and the well-known Berlin nightclub Berghain. These connections and inspirations organically evolved from a remix idea into the larger inclusion of remixes on the album."

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burnmotherfucker! View Post
    Anyone else catch this? Idk if it's still active but apparently they're giving out free marketing beanies.

https://www.hbomax.com/beanie
    anyone get theirs? I totally forgot about this until I was browsing the thread.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    anyone get theirs? I totally forgot about this until I was browsing the thread.
    I did actually. It showed up like months after the movie came out haha. It was just a pretty basic beanie though, not the most comfortabe material so if you didn't get one you're not missing much.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Honestly if they continue the current line with the duo neo it could be interesting. Just fuck that IP up so it's not a crass sequel.

I know they won't, but hey.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Someone on reddit brought up a good point: The Animatrix is a proof that other good stories are possible within Matrix universe that aren't about Neo and Trinity.
    Not that I trust the new movie to be good.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Someone on reddit brought up a good point: The Animatrix is a proof that other good stories are possible within Matrix universe that aren't about Neo and Trinity.
    That's honestly what i would like to see as someone who wasn't thrilled with the latest installment.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    I kinda hate to say it because I'd love to have Keanu back as Neo, but that's the only way I see any sequels being good and/or interesting after that embarrassingly terrible 4th installment. I've always loved the first movie and I've defended Reloaded and Revolutions (I don't feel they deserve quite as much hate as they get), but I absolutely hated Resurrections. That was probably my single-most disappointing theater-going experience of my life. Anyway, maybe this time they can actually call the movie "The Matrix Rebooted," which would be a pretty fitting title if they did focus on completely new characters.
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 04-03-2024 at 09:25 PM. Reason: Typo

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I kinda hate to say it because I'd love to have Keanu back as Neo, but that's the only way I see any sequels being good and/or interesting after that embarrassingly terrible 4th installment. I've always loved the first movie and I've defended Reloaded and Revolutions (I don't feel they deserve quite as much hate as they get), but I absolutely hated Resurrections. That was probably my single-most disappointing theater-going experience of my life. Anyway, maybe this time they can actually call the movie "The Matrix Rebooted," which would be a pretty fitting title if they did focus on completely new characters.
    Agreed.

I rewatched them a couple years ago with my wife (who hasn't seen any of them) before Ressurections came out. The original was so ahead of it's time it's almost amazing that it came out when it did. It still looks modern.

Reloaded (besides a couple of scenes) was much better than I remembered, with some amazing stunt work / effects. Revolutions was OK, Resurrections felt like a TV movie...it didn't seem serious. For a guy to drop Spiderman 4 for this is a huge risk, so I'm at least very very curious about it.