Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: The End of the World?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The End of the World?

So, I’m a liberal, anti-organized religion science lover. But I still have theories about the end of the world; or at least I still fantasize about it. I still want to see the bad guys get what’s coming to them.

Anyone else think about stuff like that? Wailing jerks.

(If I start a band with Reznor, we might have to name it that. The Wailing Jerks.)

Detroit-ish Area Bacon Taste: Deliciously Maple
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I'm not a believer in the idea of a man in the sky pulling the strings, but there is some over-arcing force that seems to be in charge, or at least overseeing everything. Likely, we're incapable of understanding it, its motivations, its means, etc.

That said, I do believe that 'the end of the world' or more accurately, the fall of 'modern civilization' is fast approaching. Nature is trying to correct itself, and we have fucked up big time. Wars, pollution, etc, we're terrible for this planet, and for the universe in general. We're a failed experiment, or a petri-dish bacteria that got too big for its britches, and we're collapsing in ourselves sooner as opposed to later. As humanity, we're the bad guys (duh). We're all guilty. We allowed it to get this bad, and we will all be punished for our actions.

Or I could be wrong! Who knows?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I agree with most of what you say. But I don’t think we’re all as guilty as each other. Some are more guilty than others. The punishment has to fit the crime.

And I think the creative force behind the universe wants to be and can be understood. With SCIENCE!
    Last edited by punk; 08-18-2019 at 12:51 AM. Reason: Format, grammar, added science

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    [duplicate post]
    Last edited by punk; 08-18-2019 at 12:48 AM. Reason: Duplicate

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    MAD magazine has stopped publishing new issues on newsstands, so the world as I knew it when I came into it... finally, sadly... is dead and gone forever.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    I don't normally like thinking about this stuff. It's all too negative and i like to keep things as positive as possible. My depression is already bad enough. With that being said, this will be my only post to this conversation and i won't respond to anyone of the comments.

I'm a very optimistic person. I'm probably one of the most optimistic people on this forms. To me, I see the earth as being like an endangered animal. If nothing changes then yes, it's gonna be a big problem. But heres the thing, not everyone is killing the earth. Their are hundreds of thousands of people planting flowers, tree's, making clean water, repopulating/breeding animals, etc. We just don't hear about it because it doesn't make a good headline, gotta get the clicks. Even if bad stuff are happening, its not gonna change just like that, even if scientist say shit like "in the next 50 or so years". I don't believe that shit can be wiped out that fast. Nature doesn't just quit like that. It takes 100 of years imo for that kind of change to happen.

There also the fact that science and technology is advancing at a rapid rate so there is a good chance that a lot of these problems can start to become less in the next 10 years.

The earth isn't gonna give up that easily, it's survived volcanoes, meteors, ice ages and so on. It can survive us.

So that's my opinion and im gonna stay out of this thread now

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    If we don’t start getting serious about terraforming other planets our human history is dust, and thanks to dicks like Mitch McConnell and Donald Trump, we might not get there in time... so, it’s looking like “whoops, and now The Beatles never existed” in about 40 years time.

so, vote.