Likes Likes:  0
Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Digital Drawing Apps (Android)

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Digital Drawing Apps (Android)

Hey everyone,

I recently got back into drawing again and went and got myself a Lenovo Yoga Book for drawing (it's keyboard is essentially a drawing tablet but i can use the screen as well, so this should help me get used to using a wacom tablet on a PC eventually) and was wondering if anyone on here could recommend any Android apps for drawing?

I used to use Autodesk Sketchbook on my old tablet years ago, but it seems to cause this tablet to crash for some reason (might be due to the predictive lines being on, not sure) I need an app that lets me use layers above all else.

Thanks

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Bit of an update (in case anyone wanted it)

I started using the AutoDesk Sketchbook app, and while the results were OK the app seems to absolutely shit itself when i use predictive lines (to the point the app just stops working and i have to force restart the tablet and lose a load of my work) so i have binned that, below is an example of what i did on it with one of my own characters...

A post shared by on

I've settled on an app called Artflow, there's a premium cost to get more layers, PSD options, locked layers and extra brushes for about £3.49 (or you can just watch a 30sec ad every day) but it works quite well, and the predictive lines don't make the app crash, so i'm getting nice clean line work. I do need to play around with the brushes though, i'm still learning to use a tablet but the results are improving, below are the first 2 attempts using it on another original character of mine...

A post shared by on

A post shared by on

Currently using it with a more pencil looking line art for a pokemon character so we'll see how that goes, but so far this app is working well.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Finally found a great app!

Last update in case anyone on here wanted some drawing app recommendations, i've final found a great one...MediBang!

It's on Android and comes in a free version and a paid version (i got the paid version) and it's so comprehensive! Especially when compared to other drawing apps! It's also great for drawing comic panels and has a user selection of brushes you can download AND you can cloud share your work on the app so you can use it on a desktop version.

I will say it doesn't feel quite as good sketching, i'm still using ArtFlow for that step, but Lineart and colour is on point with those steps! Everything i've done since getting my tablet back has been on MediBang and i'm definitely improving with it...

A post shared by on

A post shared by on

A post shared by on

A post shared by on

A post shared by on

A post shared by on

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Been almost a year since i started this so i thought i'd update this.

I have started using ANOTHER app, IbisPaintX, and had to get a new tablet since my old one just flat out died as the virus struck! I'm now using a Samsung Galaxy 4 with S-Pen and i think my drawings have gotten much MUCH better from a year ago...

A post shared by on

A post shared by on

A post shared by on

A post shared by on

Hopefully i can keep improving over the next year