Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: The Boys

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

The Boys

Superheroes are often as popular as celebrities, as influential as politicians, and sometimes even as revered as gods. But that's when they're using their powers for good. What happens when the heroes go rogue and start abusing their powers? When it's the powerless against the super powerful, the Boys head out on a heroic quest to expose the truth about the Seven and Vought, the multibillion-dollar conglomerate that manages the superheroes and covers up their dirty secrets. Based on the comic book series of the same name.

Is no one seriously watching this? Probably one of the best anti-superhero shows. Besides Homecoming, I was quite disappointed by Amazon's series, but this show is great. Thanks to Red Letter Media for turning me on to this because it's nothing like I expected it to be. Pretty dark and twisted, but still has a f--ked up sense of humor.
    Last edited by neorev; 08-13-2019 at 02:35 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I keep hearing people on socials a follow rave about this and i'm going to need to find time to watch it!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    itís awesome, think iíve got 2 episodes to go and i saw seth rogen replying to someone on twitter the other day saying theyíre half way through filming season two

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty79 View Post
    it’s awesome, think i’ve got 2 episodes to go and i saw seth rogen replying to someone on twitter the other day saying they’re half way through filming season two
    Yea, Seth is an executive producer on it. Guess Amazon loved it enough to fast track a second season.

But it really is quite good.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    I liked it, too, especially its dark sense of humor. Visually it reminded me a lot of what Zach Snyder did with his Watchmen movie.

In terms of the characters I felt Homelander was terrifying and his actor probably gave the best performance on the show.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I thoroughly enjoyed this show, everything about it. Started watching without really knowing what its premise was and it immediately hooked me.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Is no one seriously watching this?
    I believe I posted that I was watching it in the What Are You Watching thread about two weeks ago, so yeah...I watched it.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    3 episodes in and love it. Best pilot I've seen in a long time. Sucks you right in.

Stopped reading the comic early on b/c Garth Ennis is hit or miss for me. I love some of his stuff, but the premise of The Boys didn't interest me at the time, especially b/c the tone of the book is much sillier & more over the top than the show. Art wasn't great either. I think the show strikes the perfect balance with what it changed from the book.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    I liked it, too, especially its dark sense of humor. Visually it reminded me a lot of what Zach Snyder did with his Watchmen movie.

In terms of the characters I felt Homelander was terrifying and his actor probably gave the best performance on the show.
    Yeah, I love the tension with his character and his interactions, like "This motherfucker can annihilate me and anyone in his path at any moment."

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    This show is fun but Spoiler: why didn't they just drown the invisible guy?

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    This show is fun but Spoiler: why didn't they just drown the invisible guy?
    the cynical answer is b/c the writers wanted the visual they got by doing it the way they did. Drowning would have been boring.

Quite the cliffhanger they left us on at the finale.