Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Boys

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Imo the best part about this show is the satirical aspect of it. How they mock media, society in general, corporations, the social justice movement, politics, etc. is far more funny and interesting to me than the narrative of who killed whom and who did what to blah. That's also why the ultra violence doesn't add anything to the whole thing for me. I think I know why they chose to do it that way, but it wasn't necessary in my opinion. They should stick to using it far less. That way it would mean even more.

Still the best performance is by Antony Starr as Homelander. He's fucking terrifying.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    He really is. It's so unsettling and that's what I love most about his portrayal lol. IRL he seems like a no nonsense, save your bullshit kinda dude too haha. A few weeks back the cast did a quick 'wear a mask' video and it went from cast member to cast member, giving their little bit of 'do yourself a favor and help others, wear a mask' etc etc and when it got to Antony it was literally like a 4 sec clip of him in a mask...you coul barely tell it was him if you didn't look closely. 'Wear a fucking mask.' *cue next clip* I lol'ed.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Amazon orders a spin off series of The Boys about a superhero college...

https://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/1...o-hit-the-boys