Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: One-offs

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

One-offs

heard the new Slipknot song and thought it was meh, just not my cup of tea. I realized that I really only like Duality. It’s a really strong song. Like really well written and a really catchy vocal melody and I could listen to it a million times. But the rest of their songs do nothing for me.

I’m going to start a playlist of one-offs, the one and only song I from bands that probably have bigger followings and extensive discographies. What are some of yours?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Bohemian Rhapsody

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    Bohemian Rhapsody
    Did you read his paragraph? Bohemian Rhapsody is probably not going to work considering it wasn't the only #1 from that album, much less the half-dozen other #1s Queen had from their prime years. Or perhaps you were joking and that makes me gullible.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pulse View Post
    Did you read his paragraph?
    Did you? OP said bands that only have one song you like. If Bohemian Rhapsody is the only Queen song BenAkenobi likes, that's the only Queen song he likes. Regardless of chart toppers or sales figures.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    Did you? OP said bands that only have one song you like. If Bohemian Rhapsody is the only Queen song BenAkenobi likes, that's the only Queen song he likes. Regardless of chart toppers or sales figures.
    Yeah you're correct. My apologies. I sucked hard at reading comprehension there.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    No prob, Bob.

On topic, I don't dislike anything Aaron North has done musically, but I would say the only song I actively like by Jubilee is I Don't Need an Excuse, I Just Need a Little Help. Granted, Jubilee only has about ten or so songs, but anytime I like a song by someone I can usually find something else I like by them. It's a bit harder when they have so few songs, and they're all pretty different from the one that I like. Also, not really a fan of the live version of said song.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    The only song from Porcupine Tree that I like. Warning: 15 minutes+

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Another that came to mind as i’m Setting up this playlist: Maritime - It’s Casual. The rest is just not good imho. But that song should have been a huge hit

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I love PT but yeah, it’s not for everyone for sure. That is one strong song lol

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    SOme more I thought of:

Sugar - System of a Down
    Ain't it Fun - Paramore
    Impossible Germany - Wilco

These are songs I would argue are some of the best written in the world, but the rest of their catalogs... eh...

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Creep from Radiohead, and I honestly kinda like Pablo Honey but there’s nothing else that really gravitates me to spinning that album again.

Most overrated “90’s band” IMHO. Their music is boring AF.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Creep from Radiohead, and I honestly kinda like Pablo Honey but there’s nothing else that really gravitates me to spinning that album again.

Most overrated “90’s band” IMHO. Their music is boring AF.
    that's funny, because Creep was the only radiohead song i couldn't stand (until they released The King Of Limbs, which i don't like at all).