Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: What is wrong with the Official NIN Website?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What is wrong with the Official NIN Website?

I am not seeing pictures or anything.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Everything seems normal to me.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    Everything seems normal to me.
    Clear your cache and refresh. Looks like it's pooched.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Cue rabid speculation about "something's happening!"

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Clear your cache and refresh. Looks like it's pooched.
    Cleared cache, tried in four different browsers. Still looks fine to me. Could be a regional server that's down or something.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Works fine for me as well.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Yeah it's broken for me too, must have updated something, and/or you didn't update your browser like me, which I'll do immediately (please update things or the world is going to crash and burn)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I see text, and a few videos. But the main NIN logo is not there. The news feed is missing.

Further, when I click on the missing image icon for the NIN logo and select to view in a new tab, I get a page that says
    "Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /wp-content/uploads/2016/08/logo.png on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    "

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I forget...when this kind of thing happens (site kind of goes down for some people but not everyone, etc.), has there always been a correlating update? Or does the site just fart sometimes?

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    Cue rabid speculation about "something's happening!"
    In spite of me understanding the rabid speculation, it has gotten me to further realize that a lot of people on the Internet actually tend to discuss the present and the future so much more than the past. I also understand and accept that anticipation and excitement or say, lack of closure, clarity and explanation are the ultimate causes and reasons that as well. But at the same time, it seems best to just lower or even eliminate all expectations until something has actually "happened". I still can't deny the power of being hyped and psyched though.

Even with topics about life in general, people are far more likely to talk about what they're doing, or what they're going to do, but now what they've "done". And even if they do, any discussion on what they've "done" still pales in comparison to how much more frequently they'd discuss "what they're doing and what they're going to do" combined.

I actually used to think that this was just with social media, since those are so much more of an "In the moment." type of platform, but it seems like no Internet community is immune or exempt from this.

It's just me as of now, but I've found the "I'll believe it when I see it." approach has left a much more satisfying and rewarding experience as a fan of anything, especially when it came to seeing things finally escape developmental hell, such as Guns N' Roses's Chinese Democracy and now Tool's Fear Inoculum, just to mention two examples.

As for NIN.com, it seems to be fine, but I hardly go on it sometimes. This isn't to say that I haven't seen it down before, but I'd just wait it out until further notice ever time that happened.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 08-09-2019 at 06:45 AM.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    ^ It's been down for almost a week. That's very unusual; even in the "nothing is happening" post-Fragile pre-With Teeth phase of NIN, they at least kept a placeholder design intact for visitors. Maybe they haven't noticed because they're busy with something else (probably with a non-NIN scoring project, several of which are apparently still in progress).

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    ^ It's been down for almost a week. That's very unusual; even in the "nothing is happening" post-Fragile pre-With Teeth phase of NIN, they at least kept a placeholder design intact for visitors. Maybe they haven't noticed because they're busy with something else (probably with a non-NIN scoring project, several of which are apparently still in progress).
    Still normal for me in every browser and device I've tried. Out of curiosity I tried connecting through a couple different VPN locations. First two still worked. Then I connected through Toronto, and it was messed up. Clearly whatever this is is regional.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    It would be nice if they were doing shows in Canada to make up for leaving them out last time around! That seemed a bit unfair to me seeing as how successful they are there