Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Tenet

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Tenet

Teaser is in theaters now, before ​Hobbs And Shaw
    Last edited by onthewall2983; 12-19-2019 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Old image might have been a fake

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Looks funky.
    Apparently there is a 6 min prologue ahead of screenings of the new Star Wars film.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    Looks funky.
    Apparently there is a 6 min prologue ahead of screenings of the new Star Wars film.
    we just saw a normal trailer for it at my showing ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    Looks funky.
    Maybe in IMAX? That's how I'm seeing Star Wars tomorrow. Either way, this checks all of the Nolan boxes for me, including my birthday weekend release date that he keeps putting his movies out on, so I'm all in on this.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I’m interested but apprehensive as Nolan’s last two left me cold. Tenet looks like the same universe as Inception, which is my favorite of Nolan’s movies. We’ll see.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    I’m interested but apprehensive as Nolan’s last two left me cold. Tenet looks like the same universe as Inception, which is my favorite of Nolan’s movies. We’ll see.
    Got so many Inception vibes from this and I love it. REALLY awesome that some of this film was shot in the beautiful country of Estonia. My girl saw Robert Pattinson several times just walking around town in a hoodie lol... This looks really good.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    We got the prologue before the IMAX screening of Rise of Skywalker and it was great. Some slight time stuff but it involves John David extracting a target before an orchestral performance. It was really really good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Can't wait for this.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    First trailer at 5pm PT today....in uhh...in Fortnite. Yeah, you'd need to be logged in the game to watch it on a big screen in-game. Expect it online soon thereafter.

I'm sure Nolan is pumped.

Last edited by october_midnight; 05-21-2020 at 03:17 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Trailer was so fucking good.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Anyone else feeling kind of underwhelmed by what they've seen so far? I'm a huge fan of Nolan's films, but honestly, this feels like a step back for him.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Anyone else feeling kind of underwhelmed by what they've seen so far? I'm a huge fan of Nolan's films, but honestly, this feels like a step back for him.
    I said this to myself when I first saw the trailer (And still loved it) but i think it will show a lot more we weren't expecting in the rest of the film.

I also keep forgetting that Pattinson is in this.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 05-21-2020 at 11:02 PM.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I feel like I kinda already got the premise from the first trailer and the title...

The real twist here is that more than one woman has a speaking role in this movie. Mind blown

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    It's quite the opposite for me, for the first time in along time I'm eager to see a movie of his again. It doesn't feel as overblown to me as maybe Inception and Interstellar and has some more subtle nuances here and there.

Hopefully it'll be possible to go to cinemas soon again and see this.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    The real twist here is that more than one woman has a speaking role in this movie. Mind blown

i literally sat here and mentally speed-watched all of the nolan movies i've seen before and realized that you are so fucking right. that's kind of disturbing. it's like how tim burton never made any movies with people of color in them.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post

i literally sat here and mentally speed-watched all of the nolan movies i've seen before and realized that you are so fucking right. that's kind of disturbing. it's like how tim burton never made any movies with people of color in them.
    They're also often positioned as untrustworthy in some way... Even in this trailer! Batman, Memento, Inception... It's a whole world of skinny suit wearing dudes with guns and no sex lol

I never thought about that with Burton though! I think my favorite weird director hang up has to Michael bay and father daughter relationships, it's just so fucked up and on full display in so many of his movies.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    A bit of an overeaction...

Inception has 2 main female characters, Dark Knight Returns had 2 main female characters, Interstellar had 2 main female characters, The Prestige has 3 main female characters.

Now Burton on the other hand
    Last edited by neorev; 05-23-2020 at 12:35 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    A bit of an overeaction...

Inception has 2 main female characters, Dark Knight Returns had 2 main female characters, Interstellar had 2 main female characters, The Prestige has 3 main female characters.

Now Burton on the other hand
    Agreed. I will admit that a lot of his movies sort of have that same aesthetic.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Rumored runtime is 3 hours, 15 minutes

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Soooo is this for real being scapegoated into a full on "IN THEATERS ONLY" release?

Because... I'm sorry. You couldn't pay me to sit in a small box with a bunch of gross strangers who can't get the entire handful of popcorn shoveled into their mouths without leaving half on the floor during a fucking global pandemic with little to no available testing and no vaccine.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Soooo is this for real being scapegoated into a full on "IN THEATERS ONLY" release?

Because... I'm sorry. You couldn't pay me to sit in a small box with a bunch of gross strangers who can't get the entire handful of popcorn shoveled into their mouths without leaving half on the floor during a fucking global pandemic with little to no available testing and no vaccine.
    they should really just wait until it's safe. i get that people want to experience this in a theater, i really do, but not at the risk of other people's (and their own) lives. it's not worth it. for any movie.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    Rumored runtime is 3 hours, 15 minutes
    I'd rather just pay $20 to watch it at home?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I'll be honest, I might take the risk for a Nolan film. He's one of the few filmmakers that still delivers images that need to be seen on a big screen. Also, I don't live in a massive city, and I only go to matinee screenings during the week, so that might help so long as I take the proper precautions. I missed Interstellar and Dunkirk in theaters though, so I won't be devastated if I don't get to see it until it hits home video.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I can wait for this. I'm not big on going to the theater much anymore anyway, unless it's for my local arthouse

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    I'll be honest, I might take the risk for a Nolan film. He's one of the few filmmakers that still delivers images that need to be seen on a big screen.
    Nolan's my favorite director, and I've gone out of my way to see all of his movies since TDK on genuine IMAX screens. But don't let yourself forget that Warner Bros doesn't care if you contract Covid while seeing this film in theaters, all they care about is those fucking dollar signs. If Nolan feels as strongly as he does about releasing this film in LFT, then they can always just re-release the film theatrically once this is all over next year(?).

If you feel comfortable enough with your own precautions, by all means, but don't put yourself in a dangerous position just for a movie.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Nolan's my favorite director, and I've gone out of my way to see all of his movies since TDK on genuine IMAX screens. But don't let yourself forget that Warner Bros doesn't care if you contract Covid while seeing this film in theaters, all they care about is those fucking dollar signs. If Nolan feels as strongly as he does about releasing this film in LFT, then they can always just re-release the film theatrically once this is all over next year(?).

If you feel comfortable enough with your own precautions, by all means, but don't put yourself in a dangerous position just for a movie.
    I definitely don't plan on going if I don't feel safe. It will depend entirely on what the situation is here come July.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    I'm awaiting the planned measures and decide if I want to go. Apart from concerts I really miss the movies the most these days. Either way I'll only go and watch the new Bond movie and this one. The rest can wait or will be experienced at home.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Nolan bought a 747 to crash it as seen in the trailers because after crunching the numbers for CGI etc, 'it just made sense'. Because of course lol.