Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Tenet

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Nolan bought a 747 to crash it as seen in the trailers because after crunching the numbers for CGI etc, 'it just made sense'. Because of course lol.
    i'm always saying i prefer practical effects to CGI so i'm all for it! hahaha

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Like someone else, I live in a small town, and would see this on a matinee showing, so I'm comfortable with being able to see this safely. Nolan's films deserve a big screen.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Delaaaaaaayed.

Two weeks until July 31.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    ^^^ Just read it landed on the 10th anniversary of Inception so they will be screening that with a sneak peak attatched to it. Kind of weird if you ask me.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Looking forward to this film although I'm pretty sure I won't go see it in a theater. Not worth the extra risk to me. I loved "Dunkirk" from a technical standpoint but thought the story lacked a soul. Then again, the Dark Knight films had plenty of soul to go around.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Seems pointless to keep doing it in small increments (what’s two weeks gonna do?) but Tenet now pushed back to Aug 12.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    So it begins...

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Pretty sure August 12 isn't going to be much if any better than now. They should push it to next year.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    Looking forward to this film although I'm pretty sure I won't go see it in a theater. Not worth the extra risk to me. I loved "Dunkirk" from a technical standpoint but thought the story lacked a soul. Then again, the Dark Knight films had plenty of soul to go around.
    On the other side of that he can be heavy handed with saccharine sentiment and schlock at the sacrifice of plot. I can't forgive for that "love is the only thing that transcends space and time" BS. I just can't.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Guess it's the best thing they can do in terms of "marketing" and getting people's attention back up. Seems like 007 is in hibernation at this point, so they keep pushing Tenet with as little as they have.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Seems pointless to keep doing it in small increments (what’s two weeks gonna do?) but Tenet now pushed back to Aug 12.
    They must've agreed. Tenet has now been officially delayed indefinitely.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA THIS IS FINE.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I really want to be able to get back to the cinema, but with the way the virus is going i'm worried they'll even BE cinemas at this rate.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Not too afraid of going to the movies at this point as they have good concepts in place, at least here, but what's there to see if every movie gets delayed for months to come? Really sucks as I miss going to the cinema more than going to shows at the moment and I really do hope that some of my most favorite places will survive this madness.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    read online that Nolan has a vested 20% of box office interest in getting this thing into theaters instead of streaming.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Like Black Widow and No Time to Die, I do hope that I can see Tenet in a theatre sometime in the next 6-9 months. I'd feel safer sitting in a theatre with a mask on than inside a restaurant without a mask. I think that theaters (at least the big ones) will survive, it's the (smaller) music venues we should be worried about. It'll be a lot longer before concerts are considered "safe" enough to make a return. Fingers crossed on that vaccine...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I'd pay $20 to watch it in 4K UHD at home if they offered. Got my new TV, be happy with that.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    I understand where Nolan is coming from here, but he's being unrealistic. He wants the reality of this to give way to his passion project, and the virus doesn't give a shit.

He should release it streaming, and then, when everything is sane again, do a theatrical IMAX run. If the movie is good, and people long for that theatrical experience, it'll be a good way to illustrate the necessity of the theater experience. It might be seen as the movie we "go back into theaters for" again, and if it feels like something that was intended to really shine in theaters, that should nag at us until we get to experience it.

But at least let us just watch it at this point, and no, I'm not going to a theater anytime soon.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    They've been showing a couple of IMAX runs of Inception and Dunkirk in Indy recently. I can't remember the capacity, but it was pretty small.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I understand where Nolan is coming from here, but he's being unrealistic. He wants the reality of this to give way to his passion project, and the virus doesn't give a shit.

He should release it streaming, and then, when everything is sane again, do a theatrical IMAX run. If the movie is good, and people long for that theatrical experience, it'll be a good way to illustrate the necessity of the theater experience. It might be seen as the movie we "go back into theaters for" again, and if it feels like something that was intended to really shine in theaters, that should nag at us until we get to experience it.

But at least let us just watch it at this point, and no, I'm not going to a theater anytime soon.

seriously, you really hit the bullseye here. everyone who's like "I WANT TO SEE THIS IN THE THEATER" would still watch it streaming, and then flock to the theater as soon as it's safe to reopen.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I don't see why it can't just come out next year if he wants it in theaters.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post

Nolan is my favorite director and it's been incredibly heart breaking to see him seemingly not give a flying fuck about this virus and instead only seems to care about "BUT YOU GOTTA SEE IT ON THE IMAAAAAAAX SCREEEEEEEEN". Fuck off man and just release the shit on VOD like this Friday unexpectedly and you'll get aaaaaall that cash you seemingly have such a hard on for, as if you aren't gonna be living off of Batman royalties for the rest of your life. SEVERELY disappointed in him.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I reiterate:
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    read online that Nolan has a vested 20% of box office interest in getting this thing into theaters instead of streaming.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tenet to open overseas on Aug 26, followed a week later in 'select' U.S. cities.

Dependent upon that theater/city/state being open and allowing patrons, etc etc etc.

Also interestingly, Canada is in the list of 'overseas' countries so we get it in August. I'm definitely on the fence about going, but as many have already stated...a Nolan film is the ONE that makes the decision the hardest. With a 16 month old though, I'm probably gonna have to wait fml.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I wonder if any of these films that are getting delayed will get a re-release down the road if they do well with what they're given here. Sucks that this especially is being thrown around like a rag doll.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    I wonder if any of these films that are getting delayed will get a re-release down the road if they do well with what they're given here. Sucks that this especially is being thrown around like a rag doll.
    Especially for how much this fucking movie actually cost to make too.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    So I read a synopsis of this and it's basically exactly what I expected based on the one trailer I've seen. Am I a staggering genius or what?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    The release hell for this film makes me wince about what sort of disaster Dune is gonna take when December rolls around. I don’t want it to fail!

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    As my favorite cinema here has always been offering single seats I gave in and bought a ticket for August 28th. Very excited for it as cinemas are the next big thing for me after concerts, and I miss both dearly.