Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Tenet

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post

Speaking of the big story: it's mentioned once that annihilation - maybe not that exact word but let's use it - is the end result of meeting yourself. Very TimeCop of them. Anyway, to bring that up and then have that hallway fight with zero repercussions?

Hand waves are the best waves I guess.
    Out of all the BS in that movie they did explain that one thing.
    The soldier lady (i think) mentions that the suits they wear are made in some magical way that blocks the interactions of particles. Still a handwave.

Out of all the BS in that movie I will bring up another thing.
    When the Protagonist and Neil are on the highway in normal time they see Sator's SUV heading towards them backward,, it speeds past them, spins around and then chases them in reverse. If Sator's inverted SUV was actually chasing them wouldn't the SUV be in front of the sedan and not behind?

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Like many others, I can’t follow this fucking movie at all and not even gonna bother trying a second time. The soundtrack/score however? Yowza! Turn up that volume and enjoy the rumbling of the subwoofer. One of the best I’ve ever heard, and no it’s not obnoxious. Really cool movie to listen to. Just looked it up and seems like it’s up for GG nominee and some others. Very well deserving by the guy.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Tenet and The Mandolorian, he does some good stuff.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Will have to check out more of Goransson’s stuff. Gracias, @allegate . It really fits the scenes very well, despite me not knowing WTF is actually going on plot-wise.

not to go off topic or on a tangent or what not, but it kind of reminds me of TGWTDT score from our favorite musician(s) who this site is basically dedicated to. Things just seem to... “fit”, sonically. Not even a big fan of scores outside of their environment, but this is really good.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Will have to check out more of Goransson’s stuff. Gracias, @allegate. It really fits the scenes very well, despite me not knowing WTF is actually going on plot-wise.

not to go off topic or on a tangent or what not, but it kind of reminds me of TGWTDT score from our favorite musician(s) who this site is basically dedicated to. Things just seem to... “fit”, sonically. Not even a big fan of scores outside of their environment, but this is really good.
    he also did the score for Black Panther, which is fantastic.

but my favorite thing he's done is producing (and co-writing / playing a lot of the instruments on) "awaken my love" by childish gambino.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    This is one of my favorite movies. Made me realize that, if I had such a list, a few Nolan movies would be in my top 10 list because of the three Batmen.

I understood the "big picture" after the first watching, even though I saw a cam in the fall and my amp had to be on an extreme volume to understand what we could of the dialog, which is already hard enough in any official release. Only thing that we didn't fully get initially was the motivation for acquiring the painting, as we didn't hear it clearly, but pushed on and saw what was going on a bit. Second watching from the official home release cleared up the little things that went unnoticed/unheard. Helped to discuss it with someone when it ended.

There was definitely a "big fucking awesome spectacle" effect when I first saw it, and I wanted to see it immediately again but decided to wait until the real thing. I thought it might have been my favorite movie when I first finished it, but decided to wait until watch #2 to see if it held true when that spectacle effect was "broken-in" and gone. Not my favorite. Still amazed, though.

The only thing that sucked for me was the battle at the end. It was like they were attacking empty buildings and fighting without any effort. All you saw was a few stray bullets from non-existent enemies. Most of the characters didn't have depth, but for me the rest of the movie made up for it.

Want to see it a 3rd time soon, but I will wait on it longer to not burn it out so fast. I rarely re-watch things twice within a few year period, let alone twice within a few months. Thrice might not be nice.

The score is sick.
    Last edited by blassster; 02-18-2021 at 11:33 AM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    he also did the score for Black Panther, which is fantastic.

but my favorite thing he's done is producing (and co-writing / playing a lot of the instruments on) "awaken my love" by childish gambino.
    that's right! And he started out on Community as well.
    Göransson's producing work on Gambino's single "This Is America" was met with acclaim and accolades. The song earned him two Grammy Awards for Record of the Year and Song of the Year.
    Quote Originally Posted by blassster View Post
    This is one of my favorite movies. Made me realize that, if I had such a list, a few Nolan movies would be in my top 10 list because of the three Batmen.

I understood the "big picture" after the first watching, even though I saw a cam in the fall and my amp had to be on an extreme volume to understand what we could of the dialog, which is already hard enough in any official release. Only thing that we didn't fully get initially was the motivation for acquiring the painting, as we didn't hear it clearly, but pushed on and saw what was going on a bit. Second watching from the official home release cleared up the little things that went unnoticed/unheard.

There was definitely a "big fucking awesome spectacle" effect when I first saw it, and I wanted to see it immediately again but decided to wait until the real thing. I thought it might have been my favorite movie when I first finished it, but decided to wait until watch #2 to see if it held true when that spectacle effect was "broken-in" and gone. Not my favorite. Still amazed, though.

The only thing that sucked for me was the battle at the end. It was like they were attacking empty buildings and fighting without any effort. All you saw was a few stray bullets from non-existent enemies. Most of the characters didn't have depth, but for me the rest of the movie made up for it.

Want to see it a 3rd time soon, but I will wait on it longer to not burn it out so fast. I rarely re-watch things twice within a few year period, let alone twice within a few months. Thrice might not be nice.

The score is sick.
    Ah yes, the final battle where it's all well and good but why are there two teams? It's not explained because "this is the red briefing". The part where the building collapses/doesn't though? That was pretty cool visually. couldn't tell why they did it but it did look nice.

The whole thing's a closed loop because the explosion takes place and they have...seven days I think?...to work on what happened. They they go back seven days and save the world. But the world didn't end on the explosion so they 'won' already as far as time goes.

I just want to see what the "relics of the coming war" is all about, let's see that.

Also I want to correct an earlier mistake on my part: I said the boats went backwards and my wife said "no, the people go backwards so that's their perception," so my bad. But the whole "I'm backwards but I'm driving a car" thing was confusing regardless, right?

One video I watched - yes I've been thinking about this a lot - said that he was in the windmill to remove his present self from the picture so his future self could work. Did I miss something that this is accepted knowledge? I know there are two of him running around - that's got to mess a census up - but that specific scene?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    that's right! And he started out on Community as well.

Ah yes, the final battle where it's all well and good but why are there two teams? It's not explained because "this is the red briefing". The part where the building collapses/doesn't though? That was pretty cool visually. couldn't tell why they did it but it did look nice.

The whole thing's a closed loop because the explosion takes place and they have...seven days I think?...to work on what happened. They they go back seven days and save the world. But the world didn't end on the explosion so they 'won' already as far as time goes.

One video I watched - yes I've been thinking about this a lot - said that he was in the windmill to remove his present self from the picture so his future self could work. Did I miss something that this is accepted knowledge? I know there are two of him running around - that's got to mess a census up - but that specific scene?
    They mention something like "temporal pincer attack", which has each team moving in opposite ways to be impossible to counter.

Correct, the closed loop part keeps getting discussed via the grandfather paradox by Pattinson, who asserts that nothing can be changed as it already happened. The movie is one giant loop.

The last part, I believe it was only revealed at the end of the movie that the protagonist has an older version of himself running TENET. Not sure it was said to him to wait there for this reason.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I was watching the Tenet ScreenRant and there was a part about poop and how that would work.

It reminded me of a Red Dwarf book, Backwards. The scene where Cat has to poop, specifically. I have not laughed that hard at a book, I don't think. But it did make me wonder about the movie a little more. Eating, drinking, being sick.