Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    Sign me up!
    Fuck #ReleaseTheSnyderCut, bring on the #ReleaseThe20HourCut

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I saw that, but I don't really buy that at face value. Maybe it was 20 hours before they started the editing process, but I highly doubt there was ever a "watchable" cut of the movie that long. I do believe the line stating that "Tarantino himself has said his director’s cut would add an hour and 20 minutes to the original film’s runtime, bringing the total to four hours." However, I personally feel the version of the film that was released was plenty long and I have no desire to see an even longer cut.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I saw that, but I don't really buy that at face value. Maybe it was 20 hours before they started the editing process, but I highly doubt there was ever a "watchable" cut of the movie that long.
    I think it is pretty much certain that there's at least forty hours of witty banter dialogue in the can.

I finally finished the movie. The ending is dumb but entertaining.
    I still don't get what people love about this. 20 hours of it?!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I thought the movie was great. There is just something about it. It just pulls me out of my own life into its crazy world and the era it's portraying. The movie flies by. I'd gladly watch a 4 hour, 5 hour, or 20 hour cut. As for The Hateful Eight extended version, I felt it didn't add that much. I didn't walk away from the theatrical cut wanting more, whereas I did want more with Once Upon A Time In Hollywood. I just enjoyed Rick and Cliff, and would love to see more of them together.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    I thought the movie was great. There is just something about it. It just pulls me out of my own life into its crazy world and the era it's portraying. The movie flies by. I'd gladly watch a 4 hour, 5 hour, or 20 hour cut. As for The Hateful Eight extended version, I felt it didn't add that much. I didn't walk away from the theatrical cut wanting more, whereas I did want more with Once Upon A Time In Hollywood. I just enjoyed Rick and Cliff, and would love to see more of them together.
    I agree, I'd also love to see an extended cut. Once Upon A Time In Hollywood is a hang out movie to me so I could see a longer cut being just as, if not, more enjoyable. I thought the ending was great in a kind of revisionist way of writing a love letter to 50s through 70s hollywood and asking what if those eras had been able to live alongside one another. I still probably prefer Hateful Eight over it and I'd put it in the bottom half of Tarantino's films but that's not a knock on it, the guy only makes good movies.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    If there is a four hour cut, perhaps dividing it into four chapters, like he did with the director's cut of The Hateful Eight would be the way to go.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    just gonna be the movie plus a bunch of footage of that girl's feet haha

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    just gonna be the movie plus a bunch of footage of that girl's feet haha
    Margot Robbie had an Oscar worthy deleted scene, but Tarantino focused on her feet the entire time.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Margot Robbie had an Oscar worthy deleted scene, but Tarantino focused on her feet the entire time.
    Is it on Youtube? I looked but can't find the one that you are referring to.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    It was a joke.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    its a good film. its as long as it needs to be. theres zero reason to stretch it to 20 hours. its good. but its not that good.

Ive watched it twice. thats as much as I think I need.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    QT's novel of this film comes out on Tuesday. There will be expanded backstories, some deviations from the film, and more, apparently. Pre-ordered my copy. I'm really curious to see how he writes a book.
    The trailer for the book has cut footage from the film, too:

I'm starting to think more and more that he is done with film making, which is a bit of a bummer but I get it...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I think he will do his 10th and final film. I just hope it's not Kill Bill 3.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I just want to know what terms you used and what kind of rabbit hole you went down for this lmao

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I have the novelization of the film and I need to read it.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I am reading the novelization of the film now and it's terrific. To read the internal and extended dialogue really adds a layer of richness to the characters. The screenplay almost seems like a CliffNotes by comparison. If you are a fan of the movie, the novelization is a must-read.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    looks like his last film, titled "The Movie Critic" , is in early production stages
    Last edited by versusreality; 09-25-2023 at 04:39 PM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Here is some info about it.

Set in the 70s.