Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Animal Kingdom (2016 - ?)

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    The borderline suggestions of incest on this show i swear to god lol

Which definitely had me wondering if Jay could have actually been the son of Pope and Julia as opposed to Baz and Julia. I think it's still up in the air at this point as to who Jay's Dad actually is.

Yeah the house, i guess she just was able to acquire/push her way into it after getting rid of that one dude that was running things. Don't think they actually said or showed how she got there, just implied i guess.

Also are we even going to see Craig or Darren as kids or teens in these flashbacks? seems like they're sticking with the 1992 time period and since it's the final season they only have so much room to jump around.
    They showed Craig playing by the pool in episode 1 or 2 of this season. Not sure if Deran is born yet?

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Ohh yeah! I went back and watched, they're both there i think, the little blonde kid is Deran and the kid with the black hair is Craig.

Shit that just washed over me the first time, i guess because they were so young.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Yet another NIN song! Physical!

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Yet another NIN song! Physical!
    Finally saw the episode, I knew exactly where and why it would be turning up lol

Also god damn it, Pope didn't notice the cereal!? He did start to wonder after seeing the microwave timer though at least.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Finally saw the episode, I knew exactly where and why it would be turning up lol

Also god damn it, Pope didn't notice the cereal!? He did start to wonder after seeing the microwave timer though at least.
    Him asking J how he wants his sandwich cut, to telling him to buy different shaped baloney so it’ll fit on the bread better, to staring that inside guy down like he’s about to kill him, then asking him if he wants a sandwich all but guarantees they’ll bring this show and characters back somehow once it’s done.

How many NIN songs in the show now? I’m Not From This World, The Background World, Physical… was there one more?

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I think that might have been it unless we heard Less Than somewhere but it was probably the Gary Numan song that showed up that might be giving off the extra NIN vibes.

Also i just realized we're pretty much at the half-way point of the season.

6 down and 7 to go.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    I think that might have been it unless we heard Less Than somewhere but it was probably the Gary Numan song that showed up that might be giving off the extra NIN vibes.

Also i just realized we're pretty much at the half-way point of the season.

6 down and 7 to go.
    Did Pope’s church girlfriend originally leave him because he admitted to killing/burying what’s-her-name? Or was it for another reason?

Also do you buy that Craig’s sponsor is legit? Or is he a cop or something? He just like… appeared at the gym, lol.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Ps - episode descriptions are here for the rest of the season, sounds intense towards the end: https://tntanimalkingdom.fandom.com/wiki/Season_6

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    @thelastdisciple - so the last episode is called “Fubar” (fucked up beyond all repair). The synopsis says:

Spoiler: The Cody boys embark on their most dangerous job yet. Andrew commits the original sin that destroyed the family.

Do you think this means (and will be a major twist) that Spoiler: it’s revealed that Pope did in fact fuck Julia, and he is actually J’s dad when we all think it’s Baz?

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    @Erneuert

That's what I've been wondering man regarding J, Pope and Julia.

As for your earlier question, Craig's sponsor.. well he seemed convincing when he proved not being a cop but we know the lengths they can go to while undercover so you never know. It's certainly possible that he IS a cop given everything that's going on with this being the final season and all but he could be legit. It's a coin toss haha

Also i can't remember everything to do with the church chick so you got me there.

5 episodes left to wrap things up, doesn't seem like enough.... I'm not sure if things are moving fast enough. I just hope it isn't rushed.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    I wonder what makes everything FUBAR? Please don’t kill everyone off.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    lol, they’re really going to try and bust Pope out of prison?
    @thelastdisciple , any idea why this episode was called “Clink”?

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    lol, they’re really going to try and bust Pope out of prison?
    @thelastdisciple , any idea why this episode was called “Clink”?
    Clink is a slang term for jail or the slammer, big house, cooler etc.

You're in the clink now sonny jim!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    BTW Baz, in those flashbacks, is so damn despicable. Funny he lasted with the family into his adult life; you'd think Pope would have killed him by then.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Clink is a slang term for jail or the slammer, big house, cooler etc.

You're in the clink now sonny jim!
    Oh, duh.

Another thing adding to the aforementioned theory is when young Smurf says to Julia: “what, afraid he’s [Pope] going to like them more than you?” about those chicks she brought in from the beach or whatever a couple episodes ago.

Side note - the actors who play Craig and J put on such amazing accents considering they’re English IRL.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruined View Post
    BTW Baz, in those flashbacks, is so damn despicable. Funny he lasted with the family into his adult life; you'd think Pope would have killed him by then.
    I’m feeling the same way about Craig now, and Renn. Their poor kid.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)

Another thing adding to the aforementioned theory is when young Smurf says to Julia: “what, afraid he’s [Pope] going to like them more than you?” about those chicks she brought in from the beach or whatever a couple episodes ago.
    Thought about that but also Julia was asking Pope if it was his first time, if they happened to have done the no-no why would she ask that? Unless Pope might have raped her and she has some mental block on. Hmmmm or it's yet to happen if it takes place at all.

EDIT: @Erneuert I hear that we get to see old Baz again next episode (as opposed to young Baz i mean), Scott Speedman came back to do some new scenes.
    Last edited by thelastdisciple; 08-13-2022 at 12:51 PM.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Thought about that but also Julia was asking Pope if it was his first time, if they happened to have done the no-no why would she ask that? Unless Pope might have raped her and she has some mental block on. Hmmmm or it's yet to happen if it takes place at all.

EDIT: @Erneuert I hear that we get to see old Baz again next episode (as opposed to young Baz i mean), Scott Speedman came back to do some new scenes.
    He has such an appropriate surname for the show given the nature of it, haha.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Now that was one hell of an episode.

I guess we don’t need to speculate much about the Pope/Julia thing anymore with that garage scene.

J seemed really distant during that conversation at the end with Craig, like he has his own agenda and will give the “family” up and save his own ass or something at the last minute. And then discover Pope is his dad(?)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Crazy that Jay is completely fucking over his uncles. I get his hate for their mom, after what she did to his mom. Also Baz, if his mom ever told her about him. But the other Cody brothers never betrayed him. Were they shitty to him? Sometimes, but, man, he's all in now. Been a wild ride and I'll miss this one after next weekend.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    As Craig said at the end “it runs in the family,” lol.

Also, Head Like A Hole video playing at Baz’s place. This is NIN song number 5 or so now used in the show?

Smart of Pope to use that shanking wound as an advantage.

Speaking of J, why does he still care about busting Pope out if he plans on screwing them all over anyway?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    As Craig said at the end “it runs in the family,” lol.

Also, Head Like A Hole video playing at Baz’s place. This is NIN song number 5 or so now used in the show?

Smart of Pope to use that shanking wound as an advantage.

Speaking of J, why does he still care about busting Pope out if he plans on screwing them all over anyway?
    From the preview for next week, unless it's just misleading, looks like Jay will set them up once they are all in the middle of the desert (maybe using that tracker) so they have a final, fatal stand with law enforcement. Man that is dark, if true, and fitting. As you stated "it runs in the family."

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Imagine if Julia ends up being alive this whole time and J and his mother end up happily ever after with all that cash, and the whole thing was a ploy to destroy the family from the inside for how Smurf treated Julia.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Imagine if Julia ends up being alive this whole time and J and his mother end up happily ever after with all that cash, and the whole thing was a ploy to destroy the family from the inside for how Smurf treated Julia.
    Ha! That'd be wild. On a side note: They did a hell of a job making a show based on an Australian film from 2010.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)

What the fuck..... can we at least respect the original actress that played Smurf enough to not credit her as playing the younger version especially when older actresses have to deal with all kinds of ageism shit all the time?

Ellen Barkin had a hard time with her exit from the show and didn't seem too impressed with the direction of basically trading her out for the younger model, i mean i don't think it could be avoided since they wanted to tell that earlier part of the story unless they did the whole CG or makeup de-aging but you can't blame her for feeling discarded.

Now she has to see herself be attributed as currently playing a character on a show she's no longer even in, way to rub it in more!

EDIT: ^ That's not to discredit how great of a job Leila George did in the role of course, i just saw that in the promo spot for the series finale and it really bugged me.

Anyways, i just finished the final episode.

Wow what an ending! I need some time to process everything.
    Last edited by thelastdisciple; 08-29-2022 at 12:59 AM.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Do you think they’ll do another series with Deran trying to get retribution on J with Renn?

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    “With that said,” she continues, “he didn’t commit suicide, and I want to be very clear about that, because that’s very important. He didn’t. People might ask, ‘What did he die of?’ He was shot at and he dug [a tracker] out of his side. I think [he succumbed to a] heart attack/heartache. The poetic feeling was that. And he’d been losing blood all day!”

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Well that was a packed ending. I expected Pope's end; during the shoot out it looked like he took some shots (even with the vest, there were a lot of guys firing at him). I was unsure why J included Deran and Craig in his revenge plot as they were too young to do anything to help his mom, as children. I guess it could be explained one of two ways: Either he was so blinded with rage that he just wanted to end the entire Cody brood (maybe further hurt Pope by killing his brothers) or he might also know they'd come after him for killing Pope, so, might as well take them out too. Craig's death was so damn sad. Also interesting how J went full evil, just murdering his GF after she decided to not join him (although it might also show that he did not want to leave witnesses, given his sadness after she was gone). Either way, I liked seeing his misery as he sat in Thailand (in exile). I'm not hoping for a spin-off revenge tale. I just don't see that lasting beyond maybe a movie; but, not a full series. That said, solid finale IMO.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    My friend who scored this show posted a picture of himself at a BMI event, which he was attending re: Animal Kingdom, with Atticus Ross. He's mentioned meeting Atticus at these events before so I asked him if Atticus remembered him. I thought some of you might appreciate his response, which was meant in good humor:

"Well, every year at this event I say hi to Atticus and every year he has no idea who I am and is totally oblivious that we made music for the same show, but this time [my wife] got a photo of this annual interaction"

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Damn I thought this bump was about a new season.