Thread: Animal Kingdom (2016 - ?)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    The woman with the 2 kids is a baaaaaad girl! I find myself strangely attracted. Story of my life...haha
    Are you saying that as a new watcher? Or have you been watching from the beginning? I can’t tell because you say the girl with two kids and I can’t work out if you’re aware that those are flashbacks and that’s a young Smurf with Pope (the boy) and his sister (J’s mother who died of an OD in the very first episode). Sorry if you’re totally aware and I just misread that, lol. Also the guy fixing the VCR is Deran’s dad in young form, played in earlier seasons (present time) by Denis Leary. They got the likeness down really well.

As for the young version of Smurf, that’s actually Vincent D’Onofrio’s daughter in real life.

Moreover, I really hope Pope ends up with that chick he met while he was high and whose boy he gave back to. They’d be good together. Now that Pope is a little less… crazy.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Are you saying that as a new watcher? Or have you been watching from the beginning? I can’t tell because you say the girl with two kids and I can’t work out if you’re aware that those are flashbacks and that’s a young Smurf with Pope (the boy) and his sister (J’s mother who died of an OD in the very first episode). Sorry if you’re totally aware and I just misread that, lol. Also the guy fixing the VCR is Deran’s dad in young form, played in earlier seasons (present time) by Denis Leary. They got the likeness down really well.

As for the young version of Smurf, that’s actually Vincent D’Onofrio’s daughter in real life.

Moreover, I really hope Pope ends up with that chick he met while he was high and whose boy he gave back to. They’d be good together. Now that Pope is a little less… crazy.
    I've been watching since the series started but have never seen a movie. Pretty good show. I must not have been paying enough attention, I thought the woman was maybe Pope's ex. I guess in a way she is.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    I've been watching since the series started but have never seen a movie. Pretty good show. I must not have been paying enough attention, I thought the woman was maybe Pope's ex. I guess in a way she is.
    Yeah, all those scenes with her are Smurf in her younger years showing how Pope became Pope, eventually (presumably) leading us to learn how she got that house in Oceanside (she previously broke into it with her ex who was killed by that cop at the gas station) and said she would make this her own house one day. We’ll also probably see her get pregnant with Deran (via Billy) and eventually show an early version of Craig’s dad and him getting born as well. It’s like a past meets the present thing going on that they’re aiming for, to keep Smurf in the story (Janine) even though she’s dead in present time.

That’s also why that truck was full of VHS players since it’s set in the 70’s or whatever.