Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 88

Thread: Animal Kingdom (2016 - ?)

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Salinas, CA
    Posts
    518
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    "Tony Hawkins"

    Is there some reason they couldn't just say Tony Hawk? though i guess he's also like a brand name at this point and it's probably some legal thing. I feel like he would personally be into this show though, surprised he hasn't had an actual cameo appearance at this point. That'd be bad ass!
    Funny my mind just assumed I misheard it, but, yeah odd they used "Tony Hawkins." As for the earlier debate regarding Pope telling Jay he shouldn't have shot her, for me, it just seems Pope is suicidal and wanted her to shoot him. We continue to see his mental decline (which seems to be a constant of the show, given the heinous things he's done in the past), so, maybe it's that coupled with survivor's remorse (not to mention his complex relationship with his mom).

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    2,404
    Mentioned
    387 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    I'm pretty sure he actually introduced me to ETS back in 2002, when we were in the 9th grade lol. but I think it's been a long time since he's come here.
    Here I am months later, asking a totally unimportant question: What was his handle? I'm not going to make a big splash about it or anything but I love hearing about stuff like this.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Monterey Bay, Ca
    Posts
    2,947
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Here I am months later, asking a totally unimportant question: What was his handle? I'm not going to make a big splash about it or anything but I love hearing about stuff like this.
    I just asked him about it and he says he doesn't remember, I think he was probably a lurker, which I was as well for a couple years before with teeth came out. He's still a fan but his tastes are now focused elsewhere and he's much less obsessive.

    But I very distinctly remember him showing me theninhotline, the meathead perspective, and ETS while we watched closure, way, way long ago

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    2,484
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Sounds like filming for the 6th and final season just wrapped.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CSfVVsIh...dium=copy_link

    Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    2,404
    Mentioned
    387 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    But I very distinctly remember him showing me theninhotline, the meathead perspective, and ETS while we watched closure, way, way long ago
    This warms the cockles of my cold dead heart.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    4,966
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Sounds like filming for the 6th and final season just wrapped.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CSfVVsIh...dium=copy_link

    Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk
    Final? Fuck balls.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    4,966
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    So after those last two episodes I’m thinking:

    1) When will one of the brothers ever get slightly close to Jay? Cold as fuck 24/7, lol.

    2) Shawn Hatosy has really done wonders with the Pope character. So much depth.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    2,484
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    So after those last two episodes I’m thinking:

    1) When will one of the brothers ever get slightly close to Jay? Cold as fuck 24/7, lol.
    Sure won't be in latest episode. ��

    It's a Cody free for all lol

    EDIT: Pope might? I dunno.
    Last edited by thelastdisciple; 08-30-2021 at 12:54 AM.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    4,966
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Sure won't be in latest episode. ��

    It's a Cody free for all lol

    EDIT: Pope might? I dunno.
    I hope so. This Pope is actually likeable. I hope something good comes between TV Pope and J, unlike in the movie version where J blows his brains out in the last scene.

    The other two are probably going to have a lot more respect for him now. Fending for himself and breaking Deran’s nose AND cracking a rib? “Looks like he did okay for himself.” hahahaha

    Man, I forgot Baz even existed at this point. No one even mentions him.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    4,966
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    @thelastdisciple - That escalated quickly at the end of tonight’s episode.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,912
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    The woman with the 2 kids is a baaaaaad girl! I find myself strangely attracted. Story of my life...haha

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    4,966
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    The woman with the 2 kids is a baaaaaad girl! I find myself strangely attracted. Story of my life...haha
    Are you saying that as a new watcher? Or have you been watching from the beginning? I can’t tell because you say the girl with two kids and I can’t work out if you’re aware that those are flashbacks and that’s a young Smurf with Pope (the boy) and his sister (J’s mother who died of an OD in the very first episode). Sorry if you’re totally aware and I just misread that, lol. Also the guy fixing the VCR is Deran’s dad in young form, played in earlier seasons (present time) by Denis Leary. They got the likeness down really well.

    As for the young version of Smurf, that’s actually Vincent D’Onofrio’s daughter in real life.

    Moreover, I really hope Pope ends up with that chick he met while he was high and whose boy he gave back to. They’d be good together. Now that Pope is a little less… crazy.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,912
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Are you saying that as a new watcher? Or have you been watching from the beginning? I can’t tell because you say the girl with two kids and I can’t work out if you’re aware that those are flashbacks and that’s a young Smurf with Pope (the boy) and his sister (J’s mother who died of an OD in the very first episode). Sorry if you’re totally aware and I just misread that, lol. Also the guy fixing the VCR is Deran’s dad in young form, played in earlier seasons (present time) by Denis Leary. They got the likeness down really well.

    As for the young version of Smurf, that’s actually Vincent D’Onofrio’s daughter in real life.

    Moreover, I really hope Pope ends up with that chick he met while he was high and whose boy he gave back to. They’d be good together. Now that Pope is a little less… crazy.
    I've been watching since the series started but have never seen a movie. Pretty good show. I must not have been paying enough attention, I thought the woman was maybe Pope's ex. I guess in a way she is.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    4,966
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    I've been watching since the series started but have never seen a movie. Pretty good show. I must not have been paying enough attention, I thought the woman was maybe Pope's ex. I guess in a way she is.
    Yeah, all those scenes with her are Smurf in her younger years showing how Pope became Pope, eventually (presumably) leading us to learn how she got that house in Oceanside (she previously broke into it with her ex who was killed by that cop at the gas station) and said she would make this her own house one day. We’ll also probably see her get pregnant with Deran (via Billy) and eventually show an early version of Craig’s dad and him getting born as well. It’s like a past meets the present thing going on that they’re aiming for, to keep Smurf in the story (Janine) even though she’s dead in present time.

    That’s also why that truck was full of VHS players since it’s set in the 70’s or whatever.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    4,966
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    That reminds me, we will also probably find out how Baz came to be adopted.

  16. #46
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    4,966
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Another awesome episode. More footage of Baz as a kid.

    At this point J really doesn’t give an F about much. See: chopping off hand scene.

  17. #47
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    4,966
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Only one episode to go for this season, that went bloody fast.

  18. #48
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    2,484
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Looking forward to the big hawala port job, i expect shenanigans!

    FYI: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawala

  19. #49
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    4,966
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Looking forward to the big hawala port job, i expect shenanigans!

    FYI: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawala
    Pete’s eye scene. Lol.

  20. #50
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    2,484
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Pete’s eye scene. Lol.
    One-eyed Pete(r)!

    I loved that episode, it reminded me of playing GTA V.

  21. #51
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    4,966
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    One-eyed Pete(r)!

    I loved that episode, it reminded me of playing GTA V.
    Same, hahaha

  22. #52
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    2,484
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    I forgot about the season being done and was looking for a new episode tonight and then i remembered.

    Booooooo.

  23. #53
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    4,966
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)

  24. #54
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    2,484
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    One last job, damn I'm gonna miss this show.

    Well they sure as hell better go out with a bang!

  25. #55
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    4,966
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)

  26. #56
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    4,966
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    One last job, damn I'm gonna miss this show.

    Well they sure as hell better go out with a bang!
    Six days to go!

  27. #57
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    2,484
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Fire sale at Gia's Persian Rugs!

    Still amazed by what a fucked up relationship Smurf had with her kids.

  28. #58
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    4,966
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Fire sale at Gia's Persian Rugs!

    Still amazed by what a fucked up relationship Smurf had with her kids.
    They really did do huge justice showing her backstory and all the origins. It all ties in so well together. Just finished episode 2 of the new season. Poor Pope, just wanted to skate!

    Now did I miss something, or have they still not explained how Smurf just seemingly “obtained” that house? One minute she’s in there with her ex and says she’s gonna own the place one day while the real owners were out of town or whatever, then suddenly she just owns it? How did that happen?

  29. #59
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    4,966
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Another great last two episodes. Look out Pope!

  30. #60
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    2,484
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    The borderline suggestions of incest on this show i swear to god lol

    Which definitely had me wondering if Jay could have actually been the son of Pope and Julia as opposed to Baz and Julia. I think it's still up in the air at this point as to who Jay's Dad actually is.

    Yeah the house, i guess she just was able to acquire/push her way into it after getting rid of that one dude that was running things. Don't think they actually said or showed how she got there, just implied i guess.

    Also are we even going to see Craig or Darren as kids or teens in these flashbacks? seems like they're sticking with the 1992 time period and since it's the final season they only have so much room to jump around.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions