Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Mank (2020)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leprekon666 View Post
    Oh my they use DHL to ship to Canada. Now here comes the duty and customs fees. Wtf anyone use DHL they are the scum like sandbag.
    Based on my recent package update, looks like its' going to Canada Post once it hits the border.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Based on my recent package update, looks like it’s' going to Canada Post once it hits the border.
    Really hope so as mine hasn’t updated since 5:45pm PST Feb 7 & en route to distribution centre or awaiting processing Don’t know who’s worst at updating DHL or CP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    And not for another month and a half?
    This title will be released on March 24, 2023.
    huh.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    I wouldn't be surprised to see that pre-order price comes down as the release date nears. Your order would automatically adjust to the lowest pre-order price.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Walmart has it for quite a bit cheaper:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Trent-Rez...nyl/2339687841

Also, orderable through your local record store:

https://recordstoreday.com/UPC/602435433875

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Got mine today! Haven't listened yet, but it looks amazing!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    My copy arrived today, again, looks amazing... will give a spin tomorrow.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Mine got delayed delivery until tomorrow. *sigh*

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Orders from the UK store now seem to be shipping.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Giving it a spin right now. A great pressing. I love the vintage distressing on(and in) the packaging.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Walmart has this up for sale now with free shipping if people are still looking for alternatives. I think this is the cheapest way I've seen it for sale online.

Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross - Mank (Original Musical Score) - Vinyl - Walmart.com

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Posted some pics here.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Got mine today, but I probably won't get a chance to listen to it until tomorrow. I LOVE the packaging. Very creative and cool... and if they ever release a Nullco brush, I'd buy one in a millisecond.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    My last post was a lie. Listening now. Sounds fucking fantastic.

I'm sure I've said it before (hell, probably in this thread), but as much as I enjoyed the Soul score... I think this one's better.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I got mine on Monday and I have to agree - it really does sound amazing. I haven't listened to the score much since the winter it came out, and listening to it last night for the first time since then really solidified it. It's one of my favorites for sure.

Unfortunately, my copy's side B is full of clicks and pops, etc. There's some kind of visual scratch or something towards the inner grooves. Affects the last couple (?) tracks especially. I'm going to try to see if they'll send me a replacement disc. Fingers crossed.

And yeah, I always felt like it was in another league than Soul (which is also great). I should revisit that one too though - I spun it a ton that same winter.

Anyway, I'm happy to have it. Great pressing all around.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I'm going to play my vinyl over, and over, and over...., untill it is full of pops and surface noise. I think it will add a good patina layer to this soundtrack.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    My copy arrived yesterday. Got worried as it arrived in a regular LP mailer and could see the inside of the package through the corners of the mailer. No padding or anything so expected the worst. Thankfully not the case. All in good shape. I like the weathered look of the box to make it look from that era of the film.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Still no sign of it here, I'm starting to think Trent & Atticus might have just hired a van and are driving round the UK delivering them by hand.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascender View Post
    Still no sign of it here, I'm starting to think Trent & Atticus might have just hired a van and are driving round the UK delivering them by hand.
    I would love to see that, especially if they were dressed up like they are in the illustration inside the album.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Mr. McFeely!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Looks like I got a misprint. The foil stamped spine on my copy is upside down.
    Did anyone else here get a copy like that?
    Contacted support anyway, hope they can offer me a replacement.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxto View Post
    Looks like I got a misprint. The foil stamped spine on my copy is upside down.
    Did anyone else here get a copy like that?
    Contacted support anyway, hope they can offer me a replacement.
    Mine is like this too. I assumed that it's meant to be that way. Maybe I'm wrong.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear78 View Post
    Walmart has this up for sale now with free shipping if people are still looking for alternatives. I think this is the cheapest way I've seen it for sale online.

Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross - Mank (Original Musical Score) - Vinyl - Walmart.com
    I ordered through Walmart, but mine is delayed, not sure on ETA.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Question: "Featuring 90 minutes of new compositions in the style of Orchestral, Big Band, and Foxtrot music of the 1940s" but the bandcamp version has 87 tracks (30 ish demos). So is the bandcamp version the more complete version?

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zimbo View Post
    So is the bandcamp version the more complete version?
    The vinyl is the complete score (about 90 minutes). The Bandcamp version contains the complete score, plus additional extras. As the description on the Bandcamp album says:

"The complete score along with an ADDITIONAL TWO HOURS of unreleased music and demos from the Mank sessions - only available here"

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    The vinyl is the complete score (about 90 minutes). The Bandcamp version contains the complete score, plus additional extras. As the description on the Bandcamp album says:

"The complete score along with an ADDITIONAL TWO HOURS of unreleased music and demos from the Mank sessions - only available here"
    Can confirm that it’s worth the monetary and time investment. There’s some gold buried in there.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by muad'nin View Post
    Can confirm that it’s worth the monetary and time investment. There’s some gold buried in there.

I mean, I have it LOL just will not have the ability to listen to it for a long while, sadly.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post

The extra bandcamp stuff are the only recordings that have TR & AR performing on them as well.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Plaid Room Records is having a summer sale 10-40% select titles and Mank is included:

[EDIT - back to regular price]
    Last edited by cdm; 06-20-2023 at 09:15 AM.