Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Miley Cyrus covers NIN for upcoming Black Mirror episode (spoilers)

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    Sorry for pointing this again : you mean the two songs ?
    Two songs had lyric changes so there are two versions of each song for a total of four songs that I’d like access to. I’d settle for RWIB with the real lyrics tho.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    I just watched it three times.

https://twitter.com/nineinchnails/st...976590336?s=21

That hashtag shade from Reznor.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    Sorry for pointing this again : you mean the two songs ?
    Head Like A Hole, On A Roll, Right Where It Belongs (quiet), Right Where It Belongs (bubblegum)

Also, Brooker wrote a version of Hurt called Flirt, but it didn't make it to the episode. I'm guessing that means it never made it to the recording stage, either.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    I just watched it three times.

https://twitter.com/nineinchnails/st...976590336?s=21

That hashtag shade from Reznor.
    It seems like TR has been lurking the Facebook groups. If so, then obvious that he's been embarrassed of his fans for quite a while.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick_Nicholas View Post
    It seems like TR has been lurking the Facebook groups. If so, then obvious that he's been embarrassed of his fans for quite a while.
    What does this have to do with Facebook? The Twitter responses to the Ashley O t-shirt was all the fuel he needed for that hashtag.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    What does this have to do with Facebook? The Twitter responses to the Ashley O t-shirt was all the fuel he needed for that hashtag.
    Both sites were bad. Really bad.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    I haven't been paying much attention to the Twitter responses, but I've been seeing the NIN Facebook groups melt down over this: posting Miley meme after Miley meme after Miley meme (plus other forms of Miley/pop bashing) because they can't seem to fathom the thought of a contemporary pop performer going anywhere near Trent's music, and also because they've been reminded that she exists despite her dad having just recently become relevant again via "Old Town Road".

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I haven't been paying much attention to the Twitter responses, but I've been seeing the NIN Facebook groups melt down over this: posting Miley meme after Miley meme after Miley meme (plus other forms of Miley/pop bashing) because they can't seem to fathom the thought of a contemporary pop performer going anywhere near Trent's music, and also because they've been reminded that she exists despite her dad having just recently become relevant again via "Old Town Road".
    I'm glad I unfollowed that group a while ago. It's like grown up versions of me at 13 when I thought you weren't allowed to like things that were different from other things you like.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Damn, this iteration of Miley is like the first one I find quite pretty. They did quite a good job to make her look innocently cute but also sinister. Haven't watched the episode yet, but I suppose that's what they were going for.

They also did a good job to give another callback to NIN, by making the song fucking annoying by those effects at the end. Prime original Hurt studio release right there.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    NIN Facebook groups are frequently hot garbage. I left several of them last year when folks were tripping balls over Trent's "sudden" liberal politics.

It's like these people live in an alternate reality. Imagine being shocked that the guy who wrote Year Zero and had tons of alternative sexual imagery in his music videos isn't a friggen Trump supporter.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eachpassingphase View Post
    NIN Facebook groups are frequently hot garbage. I left several of them last year when folks were tripping balls over Trent's "sudden" liberal politics.

It's like these people live in an alternate reality. Imagine being shocked that the guy who wrote Year Zero and had tons of alternative sexual imagery in his music videos isn't a friggen Trump supporter.
    yeah I learned the hard way that the FB groups for NIN are trash. That’s actually what brought me here something like a year ago

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Guys, I am having so much fun in the facebook groups

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Personally, the pink goop in the bathtub and the purple-ish hair were nice nods to the PHM artwork.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    I just joined the one you shared the cover photo of Miley for on twitter. I wanna see what you guys are doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Make sure to let them know that Josh Wink choreographed the Ashley O video.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Yeah, I really like both these Ashley O songs, and I don't care who knows it.

That said, it'll be really unfortunate if we don't get the Ashley Fuckn O versions.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Don't forget that new youtube as untouched version

here's full single.
    Last edited by ninjaw; 06-14-2019 at 03:37 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    at this point, I think it'd be hilarious (and well pulled off) if Trent covers On a Roll during his live shows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    at this point, I think it'd be hilarious (and well pulled off) if Trent covers On a Roll during his live shows.
    To Jonah Hill,

I don't need anymore backup singers for Head Like A Hole
    But...On A Roll is available

Regards,
    TRizzle & Nasty Atty

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Thought I'd try to help get everything together... It looks like their are several version to consider... Who know how long some of these will stay up on youtube as not all are from official sources.

Ashley O – On A Roll (Extended Version) – [Black Mirror] – 3:18

First released version of the song. Audio seems to be pulled from the show directly as you get some audio from the show of voices saying “You can do it Rachael” stuff like that.

Ashley O – On A Roll | Official Music Video – 2:29

Good Version of the song. You can hear glass cracking towards the end as a video effect. It's official so grab this one for sure.

YouTube Music Single
    On A Roll – 2:34
    Right Where It Belongs – 2:11

https://music.youtube.com/playlist?l...fi6h1QWN7I0RXw

You get a straight up clean version of the song, no edits or extra audio effects. Bonus, this page also has Right Where It Belongs. The art work is an actual CD, where can I get a copy? All official versions.

Miley Cyrus / Ashley O - Head Like a Hole (Original Length)[Black Mirror S5] – 2:17

The ending is all empty audio at about 1:45. I think this is pulled directly from the show.

Miley Cyrus - Head Like a Hole (Nine Inch Nails Cover/ BlackMirror) FULL SONG HD – 3:17

Better version.
    Last edited by nmitchell86; 06-14-2019 at 11:35 PM.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I quite enjoyed Miley doin the rock star thing.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    I just joined the one you shared the cover photo of Miley for on twitter. I wanna see what you guys are doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's one of the ones I admin, it's a fucking hellhole but I love it

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    just watched it. the version of the real "head like a hole" at the end is awesome!
    Last edited by chuckrh; 06-16-2019 at 03:20 PM.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Concept: dub Trent quotes over clips from the episode where the Ashley Too robot is talking.

Then we could have a Trent Too robot telling characters that he's going to "rip their fucking cunt off" and talking shit about Limp Bizkit.

Guys, it would be precious.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Ok, so I tried but I gave up. Can someone better than me do the mashup?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I bought the tracks and the copyright info is for Null Corp

Oh please let this get a Null number

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    The Miley Cyrus thing really isn't my cup of tea, but whatever. Nothing to get upset about. Some people really need to get off the Internet and find a new hobby.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Haven’t watched Black Mirror since it left Channel 4, but watched this episode now I have Netflix. It was ok, but just makes me want to crave PHM even more

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I still haven't gotten around to watching the episode, but I put On a Roll on my ipod last night and I think I'm addicted even without the context. Oh, honey. This is truly fucking ace lol.