Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Podcasts

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sketchymagpie View Post
    Ah that's cool! I listened to the previous incarnation when they covered Halloween.

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk
    yeah they're on season 3 now; season 2 was nightmare on elm street. no idea what they're doing next season...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i'm now the editor of the main-feed episodes of Halloweenies (which this year is covering all of the Friday The 13th films). "jason goes to hell" and "jason x" come out tomorrow. i also did last month's "jason takes manhattan" as my inaugural episode. i'm friends in real life with most of the people involved so it's fun to listen to them talk about the movies, since i would be doing that with them under more normal circumstances. wish i had been editing this for longer as i love podcast editing (and i'm getting PAID!)
    I just listened to the Jason GTH one, I liked it a lot. When looking at the episode list, I thought "man they are so fucking long! I already have so many downloaded podcasts in queue", and also had a couple of experiences of horror movie podcasts where the hosts were annoying as hell. Maybe it wasn't horror in some cases, as that's kind of applicable to a podcast of a group of friends getting together and they think they're funny but they're just loud and annoying. Anyway, will check out the rest. My only feedback is that there's one guy (I think he's the one who drives a lot of the segments) has a bit of dry mouth, so at times there's sticky sounds going on (I have similar problems myself, when my dry mouth problems occur). Good chemistry among the hosts here, though. I'm approaching a similar age bracket I think, so them talking about fucking around in a video store for a while, but sometimes going home empty handed, spoke to me and was kinda funny.

How long does editing an episode take? Being so long, it must be quite an undertaking. Does everyone record their own audio and send in the separate parts to one person? One of them sounded like they were recorded from the call receiver's end though, unless it was just their particular setup.

I will listen to more. From mid-2018 to mid-2020 I'd randomly dive into some of the bigger horror franchises I grew up watching (Halloween, Friday, Nightmare), so some of the discussed scenes were semi-fresh in my mind. I watched everything of those franchises, except for Freddy vs Jason and Jason X, which are new/upcoming territory for this show. It will push me to get to watching those two and complete the chain.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Any folks interested in all things science might get a kick out of Sean Carroll’s Mindscape podcast. It’s the biz.

https://www.preposterousuniverse.com/podcast/

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blassster View Post
    I just listened to the Jason GTH one, I liked it a lot. When looking at the episode list, I thought "man they are so fucking long! I already have so many downloaded podcasts in queue", and also had a couple of experiences of horror movie podcasts where the hosts were annoying as hell. Maybe it wasn't horror in some cases, as that's kind of applicable to a podcast of a group of friends getting together and they think they're funny but they're just loud and annoying. Anyway, will check out the rest. My only feedback is that there's one guy (I think he's the one who drives a lot of the segments) has a bit of dry mouth, so at times there's sticky sounds going on (I have similar problems myself, when my dry mouth problems occur). Good chemistry among the hosts here, though. I'm approaching a similar age bracket I think, so them talking about fucking around in a video store for a while, but sometimes going home empty handed, spoke to me and was kinda funny.

How long does editing an episode take? Being so long, it must be quite an undertaking. Does everyone record their own audio and send in the separate parts to one person? One of them sounded like they were recorded from the call receiver's end though, unless it was just their particular setup.

I will listen to more. From mid-2018 to mid-2020 I'd randomly dive into some of the bigger horror franchises I grew up watching (Halloween, Friday, Nightmare), so some of the discussed scenes were semi-fresh in my mind. I watched everything of those franchises, except for Freddy vs Jason and Jason X, which are new/upcoming territory for this show. It will push me to get to watching those two and complete the chain.
    believe me i try to edit out all of the sounds that don't need to be there but it's pretty challenging sometimes.

everyone records their own audio separately, but they also use a call recorder for me to line things up (and just in case there's an issue with any of the individual files).

justin sounded fine on jason takes manhattan, but something happened for JGTH & jason x where he's TOTALLY oversaturated. i think he may have accidentally bumped up the digital gain level in his garageband session. hoping to like facetime with him and show him how to fix it before the next recording.

and vanderbilt must have his gain up really high and sit far away from his mic because you can hear the whole goddamn room (and outside, too). you should see how i have to EQ him to keep him audible but cut down on the noise hahaha.

there's an episode on "you're next" coming out this week (that i still need to edit) and i'm really excited because i love that movie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This is one of the episodes of the podcast "True Dating Stories". Some of the stories a really hilarious

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Joe Rogan's one is good. What I like the most is that he invites really interesting guests to his show!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I can't stand JR (have listened to the odd ep because of a guest I wanted to hear, but he always puts me off) but credit to him for making such a big success of something many have struggled to monetise over the years. Insane how much he makes!

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    The current season of This Land is fucking wild.... and not in the good way.

A Texas foster couple becomes bonded with their foster child who happens to be Indigenous and the couple is not. In the U.S., there is federal law saying that adoption agencies at the state level must prioritize putting an Indigenous child with an Indigenous family of the same tribe. This is meant as a way to try and stop the adoption agencies... uhm, basically stealing, of kids in the past. To, that federal law is a good thing and is supported by a many professionals relating to adoption.

Well, this couple didn't/doesn't think so. They filed a suit saying that by prioritizing to be Indigenous kids placed with Indigenous families to be discrimination against equality. They feel that if a kid is loved by a family that it doesn't matter the heritage of the kid and should be placed with whomever the quickest. And because of where they filed with in Texas, the judge they got sided with them. The various state agencies file appeals. Okay, so that goes back forth all the way to the federal Supreme Court.

It should be noted that, even though the child with now with that foster couple, the motions are still being pursued.

And you might be asking yourself, who are these people and why do they have the resources to do this?

Well........ this is where it gets fucking wild. The Bradley Foundation (conservative think tank) gave money to a some law firms, including Goldwater, to pursue this sort of action. Why? Well... they feel that any "race-based" form of discrimination is bad and should be done away with.

For economic reasons.

Indigenous people aren't a "race" but they do have a unique status through treaties with the federal government about how to they should deal with one another (nation to nation). As we know, these have been laughable ignored and manipulated through the centuries (but especially from the 1860s onward)...

What does that have to do with adoptioning an Indigenous child? Good question.

Well, if they can get the Supreme Court to decide that tribes having "special priority" is a bad thing in this case; then it opens the doors to other things... like, does a tribe have the right to being on its reservation (and control its mineral rights)?

Which is a very, very, very bad thing.

So yeah, for all the dirty details... This Land S2.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    2022:

Subscribed: 2 Bears 1 Cave, Knowledge Fight, The Last Podcast On The Left, Some Place Under Neith, Marty And Sarah Love Wrestling, Side Work, The Kingcast and Your Mom’s House

Depends on the guest: Bertcast, Gettin’ Better, and The Sessions With Renee Paquette

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Kuper Island - An 8-part series that tells the stories of four students: three who survived and one who didn’t. They attended one of Canada’s most notorious residential schools – where unsolved deaths, abuse, and lies haunt the community and the survivors to this day. Hosted by Duncan McCue.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

no joke but this is probably one of the best podcasts that existed back when it was still a going concern.

I don't know what episode VIII could sound like given how groundbreaking and exciting podcasts have gotten since episode VII but I have very high hopes. I mean, he got Olly Moss to do the poster for it (and for the previous seven episodes) so there's some excitement about that as well.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

i had the honor a few weeks ago of guesting on my favorite podcast, Horror Queers, to talk about The Perfection. if you haven't seen it, MAJOR content warning for a ton of stuff, particularly sexual assault.

we had a very open and candid conversation about a LOT of things, and it was honestly a pleasure to be a part of the discussion. can't wait to talk to them again (which they assured me would happen).

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

hi, y'all!

i am the co-founder and co-host of a new podcast called The Lady Killers: A Feminine Rage Podcast
    Dedicated to Female-Identifying Killers in Horror

Each episode will feature Jenn, Sammie, Mae, and Rocco discussing a female-identifying killer in the horror genre—and sometimes the wider world of cinema—from Julia and Jennifer to Carrie and Christine. We’ll tell the story from her point of view, decide if it’s “Good For Her” Horror, and answer the most important question of all: would we die for her?

Join us every other Thursday as we pull on our sweaters, pick up our ice picks, sharpen our scissors, and honor the lady killers who live on the silver screen. No boys were harmed in the making of this podcast.
    #YesWeKnowMurderIsBad

find us on your podcast app of choice to check out an extended preview of our first episode; the full episode drops next friday!!!

twitter https://twitter.com/theladykpod
    bluesky https://theladykillerspod.bsky.social/
    IG @theladykillerspod
    spotify https://t.co/czed1Ykodl

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    forgot to stop back in here and announce that WE GOT PICKED UP BY BLOODY DISGUSTING AFTER ONLY ONE EPISODE!!!

https://bloody-disgusting.com/podcas...-lady-killers/

catch up on our Friday the 13th and Trick R Treat episodes before our episode on Sleepy Hollow comes out this Thursday!!!