Page 11 of 129 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you playing?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    About to finish Dead Island, so rough around the edges but so addictive and downright fun at the same time. Looking to pick up Deadly Premonition to start up after Dead Island, if only for it's supposedly close feel to Twin Peaks, anyone here played it? Any good?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 50 Volt Phantom View Post
    About to finish Dead Island, so rough around the edges but so addictive and downright fun at the same time. Looking to pick up Deadly Premonition to start up after Dead Island, if only for it's supposedly close feel to Twin Peaks, anyone here played it? Any good?
    You'll either love it or hate it. Deadly Premonition is famous for being undoubtedly one of the worst games of this generation. It's truly appalling, in it's graphics and gameplay. However, this is also the reason its hugely entertaining, there were times playing it when I was convinced it was the most brilliantly conceived pastiche on gaming. It's the only title I've ever played to really manage "it's so bad, it's good".

As an example- they tried to give it an open, Grand Theft Auto style town to drive through. You character had to miles to get anywhere. The only problem was there was largely nothing in this world for most of it, except roads and trees. They got round this by having the character have minutes long monologues with his invisible friend about 80's B movies while he was driving. Many, many times. The entire thing came across like total self parody.

The plot is suitably insane too, with a very heavy Twin Peaks influence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ya, that definitely sounds like a game I need to pick up.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Finally beat Darksiders 2 last night, took me about 30 hours. I did mess around with side quests and collectibles during that time but it's definitely a pretty lengthy game. Gonna try and finish everything else up before Borderlands 2 comes out cause I know I won't be playing anything but that for a while

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    Finally beat Darksiders 2 last night, took me about 30 hours. I did mess around with side quests and collectibles during that time but it's definitely a pretty lengthy game. Gonna try and finish everything else up before Borderlands 2 comes out cause I know I won't be playing anything but that for a while
    Just bought it two days ago off eBay. Eagerly awaiting it in the mail...fuck.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    The World Ends With You. Picking up the MGS collection later today probably.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Just bought it two days ago off eBay. Eagerly awaiting it in the mail...fuck.
    One thing I forgot to mention is that I was pretty disappointed in the story. I loved everything that happened in the first game but didn't really give a shit about anything that was going on in this one and didn't really like Death as a character. Still a great game and pretty damn addicting though. The ending was pretty lame.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    The World Ends With You.
    iOS? Is it worth the time?

I'm playing a tonne of Left 4 Dead 2 on the 360 right now. I'd forgotten how much fun this is. After the same 4 random people fail a scene about 10 times each game tends to devolve into a grief fest.
    Last edited by DF118; 09-10-2012 at 10:55 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Bastion on iPad. Never got around to it on Xbox so I can't say how good the port is, but the controls are intuitive and the game is a LOT of fun.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Just picked this up on PSN last night and god is it addicting! The graphics are awesome, and the game play is so fluent. Great grab for ten bucks.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    ^ that's free for PS+ right now but I haven't gotten around to playing it. Heard nothing but good things about it

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I picked up Mark of the Ninja and its super fun. I dislike the art direction and the stort, but everything else is great so far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm currently trying to get all the achievements in Borderlands on 360. Currently just need Crawmerax, some of the Claptrap collection ones, and level ones and I am done. Hope I can get em all before 2 comes out.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I suck major at this online but I still like the game otherwise

Also got this in the mail today

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    FTL: Faster Than Light
    Indie game about commanding a spaceship in a hostile universe. It's amazing. Soundtrack rules too. Came out today.

I love that you can open your hatches and depelte the oxygen to kill enemies in your ship while you huddle in a locked room.

Detroit-ish Area Bacon Taste: Deliciously Maple
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    minecraft, because a castle is never big enough.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Had a buy 2 get 1 coupon for Gamestop so yesterday I picked up The Amazing Spider-Man and Transformers Fall of Cybertron and got Sleeping Dogs for free. Started up Spider-Man to make sure it worked and still have to do that with Sleeping Dogs, but I played a Transformers for a while and it's pretty damn cool. But unless I get the chance to play some of it tonight it'll be a while before I finish it, Borderlands 2 will be eating all of my time. Tomorrow can't get here soon enough.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Snake Eater. Looks amazing in HD. About halfway in (about to fight The End). Borderlands tomorrow. Hoping its dead at work so I can get it early.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Just finished playing through Heavy Rain since it was mentioned in a recent interview by Mr Reznor. So much for scary, it's had me crying buckets rather than being so much scared, great game though. I have 2 boys though so it really hits home

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Codemaster's F1 demo over and over last night because I wanted perfection. I like the driver perspective view but it did wake me up to the observation that F1 cars don't appear to have brake lights! At least I didn't see any. Lots of rear-ending on the hairpins. I do like the apex path and braking visual helps on the track to help get a feel for these cars. But I can see myself playing this "all out" in a Career mode if I end up getting the full game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    TORCHLIGHT 2!!!!

fuck yeah.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Borderlands 2, Borderlands 2, then more Borderlands 2

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Oh, I smell a challenge...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Oh, I smell a challenge...
    I'm game for it! I rather suck though, as I do in most fighting games online. Whenever I get on shoot me a party invite or message and we shall face off.

My team of Wesker, Iron Man and Spider-Man kill all.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 09-24-2012 at 07:33 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Finally got Metal Gear Solid 4. Man is it boring so far.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'm game for it! I rather suck though, as I do in most fighting games online. Whenever I get on shoot me a party invite or message and we shall face off.

My team of Wesker, Iron Man and Spider-Man kill all.
    I'm not very good either. Pretty good with Dante though.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    How far are you? It does have a bit of a slow start, but it picks up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Almost done with a playthrough of Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 with my girlfriend.

Damn, this game reminds me of the best parts of Diablo for the PC and TMNT 2 for the NES.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    I thought exactly this, it's years since I played it but I remember mostly being stuck in this TV thing that I couldn't turn off for ages, and getting to a street fight where I couldn't work out what to do and even though some enemies were shelling me I couldn't seem to die either. I guess I should take Piko's advice and try it again