Page 115 of 129 FirstFirst ... 15 65 105 113 114 115 116 117 125 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,450 of 3845

Thread: What are you playing?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I bought Sekiro earlier this week, so I'm trying to learn that game. I haven't gotten very far since one of the first bosses is kicking my ass.

Also playing Dark Souls 3, trying to beat the Twin Princes. Unbelievably difficult as well.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ton View Post
    I bought Sekiro earlier this week, so I'm trying to learn that game. I haven't gotten very far since one of the first bosses is kicking my ass.

Also playing Dark Souls 3, trying to beat the Twin Princes. Unbelievably difficult as well.
    Sekiro is different, it’s almost like a hardcore rhythm action game

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    It reminded me a lot of a game called Tenchu that I liked. It was on the very first PlayStation.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    It reminded me a lot of a game called Tenchu that I liked. It was on the very first PlayStation.
    Which was developed by the same company, From Software, and apparently Sekiro began life as a Tenchu reboot.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

23.99 on sale on Xbox. Pretty good even though I'm horrendous.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Which was developed by the same company, From Software, and apparently Sekiro began life as a Tenchu reboot.
    Yep, also don't treat your character like they are in Souls games. He has unlimited stamina, so you can run around as much as you please...you just have to only worry about posture.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    Yep, also don't treat your character like they are in Souls games. He has unlimited stamina, so you can run around as much as you please...you just have to only worry about posture.
    When I finally beat lady butterfly.... that was memorable.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    This was probably my mistake. I am so used to Bloodborne and DS3 lol. I was definitely not accustomed to the freedom of movement in Sekiro, particularly with being able to climb heights so easily and instantly.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    This was probably my mistake. I am so used to Bloodborne and DS3 lol. I was definitely not accustomed to the freedom of movement in Sekiro, particularly with being able to climb heights so easily and instantly.
    Yeah, it takes some time to train your brain not to play in the same way.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Played Catan last night with the family and I don't think I like the game at all. Too much cooperation for a game that you're supposed to be playing to win, I guess? And then it's dice rolls and I'm overflowing with wheat all of a sudden and then a seven is rolled and I have to give away half my cards. argh.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I switched back to Bloodborne since I've had that much longer than Sekiro. It's been bothering me that I never finished it.

I defeated Cleric Beast, Blood-starved Beast, and Father Gascoigne. This is a very stressful and heart-racing game, even compared to DS3. I predict it will end up as one of my all time favorites.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I switched back to Bloodborne since I've had that much longer than Sekiro. It's been bothering me that I never finished it.

I defeated Cleric Beast, Blood-starved Beast, and Father Gascoigne. This is a very stressful and heart-racing game, even compared to DS3. I predict it will end up as one of my all time favorites.
    It's the best game ever made. Try to get a co-op buddy to help you go through the end game chalice dungeons.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    got a PS5 and Demon's Souls

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    got a PS5 and Demon's Souls
    Awesome! Hope you enjoy it, I loved every second of it.

How did you finally score one?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Last Day of June, finally (Steven Wilson music). Yesterday I switched it off after 5 hours (they say it takes 4 hours to finish) because I wasn't able to figure out what to do next (hint: it was something with a bird and a dog at the right place), frustrated by seeing unhappy endings over and over again. But, another try today and wow, this was an emotional ride... like "she doesn't want me to...?" and "what's happening...?" and I SAVED HER. That repeated scene after credits with flower... ;-(
    (btw what about that best friend, how is she doing?)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Mario Kart on Switch with my wife's siblings and it's pissing me off. I don't know what's going on but they are smoking me every which way. I mean, I get that I haven't played a Mario Kart game in years but they are literally going faster than I am. I turned off all items so it was just racing and they were just driving faster in straightaways. Tried to ask wtf was going on and they're like "drift yo" and it's like you can't drift on a straight! I know about jump boosts, I know about start boosts, I know about drifting, I just don't know what they're doing.

I finally figured out that maybe it's the smart steering so I turned that off - thanks, Nintendo, for 'explaining' how to do that on the digital version of the game - and also found the "go fast mode" where you just go top speed all the time so maybe that's it.

Tried out Ring Fit this morning and it's alright. Can def see how it could help you get fit but at the same time that's about it, 'fit'. you'd really have to push yourself for more than that and it would also take more familiarity with the games mechanics. So I'll say it's maybe possible but not to start out.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Awesome! Hope you enjoy it, I loved every second of it.

How did you finally score one
    Target. I’m sure now the holidays are over they’ll be easier to get. FFXIV looks great on it too at 60fps solid, and Demons Souls looks amazing
    Last edited by Jinsai; 12-31-2020 at 08:24 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I wish I knew there was a Persona 5 Royal before buying Persona 5 last week. I feel like I wasted money but it's ok.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Mario Kart on Switch with my wife's siblings and it's pissing me off. I don't know what's going on but they are smoking me every which way. I mean, I get that I haven't played a Mario Kart game in years but they are literally going faster than I am. I turned off all items so it was just racing and they were just driving faster in straightaways. Tried to ask wtf was going on and they're like "drift yo" and it's like you can't drift on a straight! I know about jump boosts, I know about start boosts, I know about drifting, I just don't know what they're doing.

I finally figured out that maybe it's the smart steering so I turned that off - thanks, Nintendo, for 'explaining' how to do that on the digital version of the game - and also found the "go fast mode" where you just go top speed all the time so maybe that's it.

Tried out Ring Fit this morning and it's alright. Can def see how it could help you get fit but at the same time that's about it, 'fit'. you'd really have to push yourself for more than that and it would also take more familiarity with the games mechanics. So I'll say it's maybe possible but not to start out.
    it's not a "go fast" mode, it's an "auto-go" mode, so you don't have to hold A to accellerate.

also, hit the "-" button on the vehicle selection page and make sure you're choosing something with stats that you want.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Yeah we need to play the actual game more to unlock stuff.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Target. I’m sure now the holidays are over they’ll be easier to get. FFXIV looks great on it too at 60fps solid, and Demons Souls looks amazing
    What's kind of amazing about Demon's Souls is that it's basically unchanged...and yet feels totally modern due to the graphics. That's a true classic game.
    Last edited by Kodiak33; 01-01-2021 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Spelling

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    What's kind of amazing about Demon's Souls is that it's basically unchanged...and yet feels totally modern due to the graphics. That's a true classic game.
    They've fixed the camera a bit too, and it seems like it's actually possible to play with friends at this point (but I haven't tried yet)... and there's some things like the inability to jump that are jarring... but hey, at least when you roll through the barrels, the sound effects don't phase out in a jarring way!

It really just is, at its core, a great game

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Finally took the time to embrace Hyper Light Drifter. Magnificent and beautiful game but damn I hate playing it on a keyboard. Tough as Dark Souls...

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    I'm a casual TF2 gamer. It's so relaxing!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Started playing Dark Souls Remastered since I haven't played it since it came out for PC since about oh...9 years ago. I'm having a much easier time 9 years later. Still an amazing world with tons of atmosphere. Probably Bloodborne, Dark Souls 1, then Demon's Souls for me for the top 3. Then DS3, Sekiro, D2.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    donut county is so silly and so fun. sarah watched me play for a few minutes and then she wanted to try. she already finished the game and i'm way behind her haha.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Just bought that one last night because it was on sale and why not. Will have to try it out soon.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Stared Persona 5 Dancing in Starlight and i have realized i'm obsessed with P5....

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Motorstorm: Apocalypse. It's like if Motorstorm and Split/Second said "I love you, let's have a baby" except you can't control the explosions/mayhem. Lots of fun though, even if the online mode is down and thus I cannot get any of those events/trophies.

They really should issue a final patch for online game trophies that just gives you the damn things if you are playing it late, you know?
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    donut county is so silly and so fun. sarah watched me play for a few minutes and then she wanted to try. she already finished the game and i'm way behind her haha.
    As an update: Beat Donut County. It's barely a game, more like a tech demo, but damn if it's not funny. I have a coworker who I am constantly reminded of every time the raccoon and girl talk because she has that same cadence and style.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Finally got this on my ps4. Couldn't be happier with it so far.