Page 94 of 129 FirstFirst ... 44 84 92 93 94 95 96 104 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,820 of 3845

Thread: What are you playing?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    In my opinion, Odyssey > Origins. I'd give it a chance.
    Me not playing or eating Odyssey had nothing to do with me disliking it, just time and other games hogging time when I manage to find time to sit and play.

They're both good. Curious what's next.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    That's the thing though... Odyssey is already the ELEVENTH "major/main" installment in the series. That's not even counting the spin offs and stuff. It's exhausting to even think about in a way.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Overcooked 2 with my daughter (couch coop). Fun times. Would highly recommend it.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinspots View Post
    Overcooked 2 with my daughter (couch coop). Fun times. Would highly recommend it.
    i got too stressed playing overcooked but my wife and our two closest friends really like playing it together, i just watch and giggle.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    zelda: a link to the past on the snes classic

I'd forgotten most of this game

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    my fiancé and I were looking for some local co-op games to play, and so we tried Overcooked 1 when it was on sale. She just gets frustrated with the controller. So far we liked Never Alone.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    having people over for my b-day celebrations this evening to play mario kart and smash bros.

has anyone tried the tournament in smash bros.? curious if that would be a good option or if we should just do a free-for all type thing.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    So i took 24 days off work to try and catch up on my game backlog (in which i was gifted 4 more games to add to that back list) and i have managed to complete...1

Bloody JRPG's and their ridiculous 100 hour completion times! Saying that Ys IIIV lacrimosa of dana, the game i completed, was bloody wonderful (and a bitter sweet ending) and i'm almost done with Tales of Berseria (80 hours in and at the last part...i think) and i've enjoyed the story and character (Magilou is brilliant) the combat however hasn't really grabbed me.

Now to find time to complete Digion Hackers Memory, Far Cry 5, Dark Souls Remastered and another anime game i can't remember the title of before Shadows Die Twice, Senran Kagura, God Eater 3 and Code Vain come out...fuck.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Just got done with Spider-Man and man I wasn’t expecting it to be that good ��. I really hope they make a game with venom, carnage and green goblin.

Also beat Red Dead 2 recently. I think that game is the most detail game I have ever played, the evil videos people made on YouTube are Hilarious.

Currently playing Until Dawn, just started and so far it’s really cool.

Also playing God of War

2 more months until Sekiro! Preordered the limited edition for 89 at GameStop : )

to to be honest I have never played an assiassins creed game
    Last edited by Rdm; 01-15-2019 at 06:34 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I fired up ActRaiser for SNES last night and holy shit, I stayed up a good hour later than I should've. Excited to play some more tonight (after Drag Race anyway!) - I don't know if it's aged the best, but it's taking me right back to 1992 and I'm living for it.

In other news of what I'm not playing, I just threw $100 more at Limited Run earlier today for Celeste (!), Danmaku Unlimited 3, and Iconoclasts for Switch.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Celeste is too good for what it is. I passed it off like it was nothing. It's pretty well thought out.

Trying to play mortal kombat x. Not really my kind of fighting game anymore, but I'm intrigued by 11.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Currently playing my second play through with Bioshock Remastered. The game still holds up, and forgot how difficult it can be at time on the hardest mode. Currently almost platinum status.

Finished Wolfenstein: The New Colossus and it was crazy fun shooting the shit out of Nazi's for 10+ hours. Not too many weapons... But that was a good thing. Great continuation from the first game, with a satisfying finish.

Fiddling around with the Castlevania pack and having tons of fun with Rondo of Blood. Fuck, I miss the old days!

Andddd one more... I decided to finally play the Knack games since they were dirt cheap, and I must say it isn't as bad as I thought it would be. It is stupid difficult on hard, along with the second one. I found myself just skipping almost every scene since the story is atrocious, along with Knack being more boring than Aiden Pearce from Watch Dogs.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Currently playing my second play through with Bioshock Remastered. The game still holds up, and forgot how difficult it can be at time on the hardest mode. Currently almost platinum status.
    Same, well not the remastered version just vanilla, played it the first time on PS3 and now second time on PC. I'm just in the Farmer's Market section currently, still so good!

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Same, well not the remastered version just vanilla, played it the first time on PS3 and now second time on PC. I'm just in the Farmer's Market section currently, still so good!
    Haven't played the vanilla in years! I never played Infinite so I'm playing all in order for sure. Was able to nab the entire collection for 15 bucks!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Finished the plat for God of War. It was a little heavy on the collectibles but otherwise an amazing game. Super creative way to "reboot" the series and I can't wait for the next game.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    Finished the plat for God of War. It was a little heavy on the collectibles but otherwise an amazing game. Super creative way to "reboot" the series and I can't wait for the next game.
    I had to go back to find like 4 collectibles which was a little painstaking, but not too bad. However, I was super pissed about the ravens because I came across so many of them and I figured they were just part of the background or something. I was so immersed in my first playthrough, I didn't even care to look for other collectibles besides chests. But dam, I wanted to fight Odin and Thor so bad.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I've been putting off God of War mainly as i have SO.MANY.GAMES to play...but man do i want to give it a go! That and Persona 5...but thats an easy 100+ hour first playthrough (damnit JRPG's and your super long playtimes!)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    But dam, I wanted to fight Odin and Thor so bad.
    Did you go back to your house and sleep after you beat the story? There's a little easter egg scene that plays if you do.

And I agree about the ravens, I never really even noticed them as I was playing. I think I got like 3 in the whole playthrough.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Did you go back to your house and sleep after you beat the story? There's a little easter egg scene that plays if you do.

And I agree about the ravens, I never really even noticed them as I was playing. I think I got like 3 in the whole playthrough.
    I randomly did when I was going to back that way thinking: "I haven't went back to the house since the beginning, let me see what up." But for me, it felt so out of place.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I randomly did when I was going to back that way thinking: "I haven't went back to the house since the beginning, let me see what up." But for me, it felt so out of place.
    I did feel a bit out of place.

Started Ace Combat 7. Guess it's been long enough since I played this series that I don't really like it anymore. Gonna do the campaign then trade it in.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Almost finished with RDR2. I didn't do a ton of the side stuff/tasks but I really really loved the story of Arthur. I thought the ending was fantastic.

Hopefully R* changes up how they do missions from now on, the formula is getting stale for me.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I did feel a bit out of place.

Started Ace Combat 7. Guess it's been long enough since I played this series that I don't really like it anymore. Gonna do the campaign then trade it in.
    I never played any of those games, but I heard good things about the past entries up to 6..heard that wasn't too good. There aren't enough good flying games anymore, if any!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Last fall, I pawned every current gen system I own to be able to adequately afford seeing the five shows I got to see last year. FINALLY got the first one back, my PS4, and I can't wait to play the fuck out of everything I've bought from the past few months of holiday discounts on the PSN store.

Also, there's a great sale right now! GTA5 is $15, and for the same price you can get the base game plus some extra shit for GTA Online if that's your thing. Might as well for the same price! On a hilarious note, a few weeks back, you could get GTAV for the same $15 price tag, but then you could also get like $8 million for GTA Online for the "discounted" price of about $85, marked down from $100. Digital retail is wonky as fuck sometimes.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I am playing a handful of video games right now, but I am not sure any games have consumed my thoughts as much lately as the table-top RPG Blades in the Dark. Yes I know this space is generally for video games, so I'll add that Super Smash Brothers Ultimate is predictably enthralling and that indie-tactical-puzzler Into the Breach has a kind of incredible elegance that keeps pulling me deeper into it.

Though I want to give a little more virtual space to Blades in the Dark. Maybe, I'm just deeply keyed into that fantasies the game is selling, maybe my group's just really good at this, but at it's heights this game's pleasures almost feel hedonistic, and I mean that in a good way. Which is really not typical of a game that only really exists as paper and dice, but maybe your experience has been different than mine.

Mechanically it's not actually that complicated, though it's still kind of crunchy compared to most other "story-games" it's often said to be in a lineage with. Specifically: understanding and recognizing all the implications of the mechanics can take a while for some people, but once you do the game just flies. I would say that Blades demands more from you as a player creatively than the ever-present Dungeons & Dragons and variants there-of, but has less rules glut and density.

It doesn't have tactical combat in the conventional sense, but it still requires from the player a kind of cleverness, since every move you make basically has to arise out of the fiction in a specific way. If you like minis and tactical maps, you won't get that fulfilled here, but there's still strategy elements. There's also political faction game that emerges over time and feels like it has naturalistic relationship to the more micro-level play, everything seems to feed into everything else.

I've not actually gotten around describing the - actually very specific - fiction Blades is about in part because it's clear to me essentially what makes this game so remarkable are the various mechanical designs within it. Of course, other people have recognized this, and begun to build new games on-top of Blades' engine. This game is bigger than just it's vanilla setting and thematic concerns, and it's being remade to satisfy various tastes in ways both big and small. I know a lot of people talk about using this system to do Shadowrun, but there are other possibilities, and the link above is not even near a comprehensive list. Personally, I'm a bit overjoyed that somebody has already re-built New Crobuzon of Bas-Lag in this system. It obviously takes more effort, but you can maybe find something more amenable to your tastes than the self-described "industrial-fantasy" of the base game.

Though I do love Duskvol.

This game is fucking great, I hope people play it, or some alternate version it.
    Last edited by Alabaster Creature; 01-27-2019 at 10:01 PM. Reason: spelling

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    FIFA 19 on Xbox. Just bought it last weekend and almost done with my first season of Manager Mode. 30 games in the EPL and already won the title.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    OK so i am about 10 hours in Far Cry 5 and...man the story and characters SUUUUUUUUUCK. The main bad guy isn't a patch on Vaz or Pagan Min, both of them had so much about them i couldn't wait to see them, but these guys in 5...are just dull. Also doesn't help that it's trying to be all serious in the story cut scenes and all crazy stupid in the gameplay. At least in 4 Pagan Min helped cross the story with the crazy antics by being crazy fun himself, i haven't even gotten to finishing the first of his 3 kids sections and i'm already skipping the cutscenes...i just don't care about any of them, i just want to go and throw some shovels at bad guys faces and send Bears to attack people!

...although i will say that unless you make your own fun the gameplay does get a little repetitive. Hopefully new dawn will fully embrace the crazy in it's story. I'll finish this and probably never play it again.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I can't get enough of Assassin's Creed: Odyssey. Been playing the shit out of it as much as possible since the Xbox end of the year sale. And it looks AMAZING running 4K with HDR. I bought AC: Origins yesterday because the whole series is on sale and it's even cheaper than it was during the end of the year sale. $34 instead of $50 in December. My understanding is that Odyssey took what Origins started even further in terms of distancing from the traditional AC series so hopefully Origins is at least half as fun as Odyssey.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    OK so i am about 10 hours in Far Cry 5 and...man the story and characters SUUUUUUUUUCK.
    I have to agree with this, I finished Primal right before diving into 5 and 5 feels like Primal with technology. Like the villains in 5 are less exciting than the cave people from Primal. The Mars DLC was awesome though, i played that first.

Speaking of Primal, marching through the temple of Barati in the mask with that Fever Ray track playing, and all those sun worshipping assholes running for their lives was absolutely fantastic.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    I have to agree with this, I finished Primal right before diving into 5 and 5 feels like Primal with technology. Like the villains in 5 are less exciting than the cave people from Primal. The Mars DLC was awesome though, i played that first.

Speaking of Primal, marching through the temple of Barati in the mask with that Fever Ray track playing, and all those sun worshipping assholes running for their lives was absolutely fantastic.
    I finally finished it at the weekend and...the big bad guys didn't change, in fact they just got more boring (i ended up just skipping all their cutscenes) however, the side characters were SUPER fun! I loved doing missions for these random people and their insanity, whereas the story stuff was just so dull.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Recently played and beat both NIOH and Bloodborne. Loved NIOH, and was a little disappointed with Bloodborne. Currently playing Witcher 3, it’s fun but Skyrim was better.