Page 74 of 129 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 84 124 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,220 of 3845

Thread: What are you playing?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Been playing WWE 2K17. Despite it being buggy than all hell, I'm enjoying it quite a lot. I just wish Nakamura could have been in the actual game instead of having to pay for him. I'm glad that I can now use the whiplash neckbreaker, it's my favorite finisher of all time.

I've also been playing Oblivion more lately, I never really got to when it first came out but I'm loving every bit of it. I wish they had half the things in Skyrim that they do here.
    I actually like it more than Skyrim at this point.

I pre-ordered Resident Evil 7. It's given me hope that Capcom has decided to go back to the horror element of Resident Evil instead of action themed quick-time events.
    When I go pick up RE7 I'm also going to be getting the Technomancer, it seems like it's right up my alley.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I don't think Nakamura was ready for launch.

Replaying XV (slowly). Still playing overwatch on a regular, daily basis. A lot of SFV and KOFXIV.

Played Battlefront for the first time. Wasn't too impressed. Thankfully, I didn't pay much for it and it's pass.

Still up I'm the air on whether or not I'm getting RE7. Demo didn't really do much for me to consider dropping money for it.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post

Still up I'm the air on whether or not I'm getting RE7. Demo didn't really do much for me to consider dropping money for it.
    did you play it in VR?

EDIT: Oh and you got KoF14 also? We'll have to spar at some point.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 01-03-2017 at 02:39 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    did you play it in VR?

EDIT: Oh and you got KoF14 also? We'll have to spar at some point.
    No VR. Heard it's pretty cool though. Personally, I don't think fps horror is really my thing.

And I do have kof. Not very good at it. Definitely game to play.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    No VR. Heard it's pretty cool though. Personally, I don't think fps horror is really my thing.

And I do have kof. Not very good at it. Definitely game to play.
    I liked it in VR... more because it made some good use of the tech in eliciting a real experience. Not quite there though, and I understand that it's giving a lot of people motion sickness.

Let's train together then! I have KoF and I'm terrible!

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    The new Diablo 3 patch and some overwatch and Elder Scrolls Online.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I liked it in VR... more because it made some good use of the tech in eliciting a real experience. Not quite there though, and I understand that it's giving a lot of people motion sickness.

Let's train together then! I have KoF and I'm terrible!
    Sounds good. Hit me up whenever.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Soooooooooo

I bought Dishonored 2 for cheap on Black Friday and am anxiously wanting to play it but am chugging along with the Definitive Edition before I get to it. Just abducted Sokolov.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Having the best time playing Doom 2016, ripping and tearing my way through the demon hordes.

Hey PS4 folks, i have a question. Other than turning wifi off how do you keep game updates from starting to download every time you start a game? There's a 28GB patch that would take 4 days to download and it's only for using the network content that i can't use anyways without Plus subscription. I have had to keep going into the downloads section to cancel and delete the update and if i look in the automatic downloads settings nothing is check marked so.......?

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Having the best time playing Doom 2016, ripping and tearing my way through the demon hordes.

Hey PS4 folks, i have a question. Other than turning wifi off how do you keep game updates from starting to download every time you start a game? There's a 28GB patch that would take 4 days to download and it's only for using the network content that i can't use anyways without Plus subscription. I have had to keep going into the downloads section to cancel and delete the update and if i look in the automatic downloads settings nothing is check marked so.......?
    Go to the top bar (press up on D Pad) then go to the far right -> Settings, and then scroll down to near the bottom -> System. Select "automatic downloads" and un-check the boxes.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Go to the top bar (press up on D Pad) then go to the far right -> Settings, and then scroll down to near the bottom -> System. Select "automatic downloads" and un-check the boxes.
    Right but i said that i did
    that already "and if i look in the automatic downloads settings nothing is check marked so.......?" i even went back and looked and nothing has a check mark. Everything is un-checked so why are these game updates still starting up? :/

Last edited by thelastdisciple; 01-09-2017 at 06:48 PM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    hmmm, weird. Yeah, I don't know, that should do it... wonder if it may have something to do with the Power Save Settings? I've always wanted automatic updates since I swapped out my HD for a 2TB, so I've personally never messed with it.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Are you trying to disable updates entirely? Because if you're online and installing a game, update is going to download either way. You would have to go offline if that's what you're trying to do. Update will start downloading the second you go online though.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Are you trying to disable updates entirely?
    Not entirely no, I'd just like more of a manual control over it because then i can at least press the options button over the game's shortcut icon and select "check for updates" to fetch for them that way. I can at least review and see if it's worth waiting for.

I don't mind the firmware/system updates popping up or getting the notifications about them, they're usually small and are fine to download in the background or whenever but it's just so futile with something over 10GB, i tried with the PS4 on rest mode over night to download that 28GB monstrosity for DOOM and checked on it later in the day, it got a few GB completed but froze or something so i had to restart the stupid thing and start from scratch. I have no patience for any of that.

The auto updates are just an annoyance is all when i keep having to cancel/delete something that could take multiple days to download. I def like keeping the system online for sharing screenshots, syncing trophies and what have you, i wish there was some way to do this without completely taking it offline while playing.
    Last edited by thelastdisciple; 01-10-2017 at 01:19 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    The auto updates are just an annoyance is all when i keep having to cancel/delete something that could take multiple days to download. I def like keeping the system online for sharing screenshots, syncing trophies and what have you, i wish there was some way to do this without completely taking it offline while playing.
    Yeah I don't think there's a way to stop that from happening if you're connected to the net. Did you try pausing the update instead of cancelling it? That might keep it from starting again every time you play the game. I'm pretty sure I've paused game downloads that didn't start again until I manually restarted them, not sure if the same would apply to game updates.
    Last edited by kdrcraig; 01-10-2017 at 06:46 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Anyone know a game with the vibe or any similarity to the story of Stranger Things?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theburningreptile View Post
    Anyone know a game with the vibe or any similarity to the story of Stranger Things?
    Alan Wake comes to mind.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Alan Wake comes to mind.
    I've played that one. I loved it, it also reminds me of Twin Peaks in a way.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    Did you try pausing the update instead of cancelling it?
    I gave that a shot, paused the download at around 8pm.. had a good play session with some breaks until 3:30AM. I completely closed out of the game and the system's been running idle for almost an hour nearby while I'm on my laptop. So I just heard a notification dingle, turned my head and the god damn update has resumed. -_-

Oh well, i came, i saw and i kicked some Cyberdemon ass.

Onward to the Necropolis!
    Last edited by thelastdisciple; 01-11-2017 at 03:42 AM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Hey @Piko , were you playing the outlast 2 demo, or the 1st one the other day?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruised View Post
    Hey @Piko , were you playing the outlast 2 demo, or the 1st one the other day?
    Outlast 2 demo.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Finished up The Last Guardian. Took my time and did most of it in 20 min - 1 hour bursts but the ending was just stunning. yeeeeeeaaah the controls are wonky as hell in places, but you know what? It's still easily a gem of a game. I would go as far in saying its better than Shadow of the Colossus and probably Ico too. It was so unique, strange, calm, simple but with a gentle sense of pace and urgency. I bloody loved it.

Now I'm playing Yakuza 0 and its the total opposite. And I love it.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I gave up on Last Guardian. It was infuriating. I want to finish it. But, I could live just fine if u never played it again.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    mega man 2 (originally on the game boy). it's fucking hard. it was the first game aside from tetris that i got with my game boy and i played the shit out of it and beat it in a couple weeks. can't even get past a single level nowadays.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Still plugging away at Resident Evil VII.

I also bought For Honor due to temptation and my initial thoughts on the game did a complete 100% turnaround. Fun as hell multiplayer with interesting design choices.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I've been slacking off with RE7. I stopped playing Overwatch. Started playing SFIV again. Mostly killing time until Switch.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I gave up on Last Guardian. It was infuriating. I want to finish it. But, I could live just fine if u never played it again.
    I finished it when it first came out. It doesn't hold a candle to ICO or Shadow of the Colossus, so I don't blame you if you gave up.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Still plugging away at Resident Evil VII.

I also bought For Honor due to temptation and my initial thoughts on the game did a complete 100% turnaround. Fun as hell multiplayer with interesting design choices.
    I also got For Honor. If you're on PS4 hit me up.

Also playing Nioh and Yakuza Zero. Too many games right now to keep up with... Which is good, I need a distraction

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximilian View Post
    I finished it when it first came out. It doesn't hold a candle to ICO or Shadow of the Colossus, so I don't blame you if you gave up.
    It doesn't. But that's not why I can't finish it. I think the level design (if you want to even call it that) is beyond screwy. It's extremely buggy. I want to finish it, and it has its moments. But, the things going wrong for it just spoiled the experience for me. And it's a real bummer.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    recently was gifted a copy of super smash bros. for n64 from a customer who was mad at her 31-year-old son for still leaving his shit laying around her house. i had forgotten how much i sucked at the original (great at gamecube, wii, and wiiu incarnations). my wife and i played it with our friend jon last weekend and my wife kept kicking our asses, which is amazing because she is TERRIBLE at any of the newer versions of the game. we also played mario kart 64 during which she kept using her whole body to turn and basically yelled constantly. it was extremely entertaining and i loved it.